It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama hails Special Relationship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Obama hails Special Relationship

news.bbc.co.uk

President Barack Obama has said the US-UK "special relationship" will "only get stronger", after holding talks with prime minister Gordon Brown.

It was "not just important to me; it's important to the American people", he told reporters...

The talks focused on the economy, as Mr Brown became the first European leader to meet the new president...

...talks... were dominated by the economy... both men agreeing that improvements were needed to the regulation of the global banking system...

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Here it comes...British PM to Propose 'Global New Deal' to Rescue World's Economy
EU to present "Blueprint for Worldwide Currency System" to US this weekend!
G20 2008 Plans - Emergency Meeting

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
After this morning's news that Gordon Brown was putting a global solution to the financial crisis at the top of his agenda we now have clear confirmation that Barak Obama is on board!

How many people realize the enormity of what is as stake here? This is at the very least a new Bretton-Woods, if not groundwork/preparation for a global currency - or its forebear.

(Check out the related threads for evidence this angle is not mere speculation.)

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Thank you for keeping this all up to date, and connecting the dots!
I have read your other posts....so pertinent to what is happening now with the Market downturn, the banks teetering on collapse, FDIC issueing warnings. All of it pointing to a created crisis that will command the currencies. Good work!

The launch of a new relationship with Washington is the best hope for something solid out of this weekend's gathering of G7 financial leaders in Rome, with officials signalling little significant is likely to emerge on actual policy.

The Group of Seven meeting on Feb. 13-14 has been largely overshadowed by the broader Group of Twenty (LSE: TWE.L - news) advanced and emerging nations which have the specific remit to tackle the global financial crisis and prevent a repetition.

With regulation and financial reform proposals in the hands of the Financial Stability Forum and the G20, the Rome meeting of finance ministers and central bankers is likely to focus on economic prospects and the dangers of state protectionism.

uk.biz.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought

After this morning's news that Gordon Brown was putting a global solution to the financial crisis at the top of his agenda we now have clear confirmation that Barak Obama is on board!

How many people realize the enormity of what is as stake here? This is at the very least a new Bretton-Woods, if not groundwork/preparation for a global currency - or its forebear.

(Check out the related threads for evidence this angle is not mere speculation.)

news.bbc.co.uk

Oh I get it. So now we're gonna use DVDs as global currency, right? Yeah, that Obama - tries to slack off on an official allied visit and ends up reinventing the monetary system. What a card! :shk:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

So now we're gonna use DVDs as global currency, right?

You'd better believe it. I've managed to obtain a prototype via my contacts (**no questions**), which nevertheless contains the same track earmarked for the final minted edition:

www.youtube.com...

I have to admit: after viewing this I'm no longer inclined to oppose it.

Obama - tries to slack off on an official allied visit and ends up reinventing the monetary system.

You're looking at an event that happened over the course of a couple of days! Just a spat arising either from secondary issues or an issue of detail and/or timing with respect to the overall direction. Read up on Bilderberg & the G20 and you'll see years, decades of planning have gone into this. The leaders of all the world's major economies and a whole host of other string-pullers are truly up to their necks in this.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
What is funny in all of this..is that the DOW is moving up?
We surely live in weird times.

join