It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby 'customizing' advances claimed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Baby 'customizing' advances claimed

www.upi.com

NEW YORK, March 3 (UPI) -- A U.S. fertility doctor says that he will soon be able to allow parents to choose their babies' eye and hair color.

Dr. Jeff Steinberg, whose Fertility Institute has clinics in New York and Los Angeles, says research that has already made it possible to select a baby's gender has also yielded the technology to enable parents to make eye and hair color choices, the New York Daily News reported Tuesday.

"In the process of doing gender selection … we've also uncovered the technology (to) characterize things like eye and hair color," Steinberg, 54, told the newspaper.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cbsnews.com
www.msnbc.msn.com

[edit on 3/3/09 by Cyprex]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
So much for the random numbers provided by Mother Nature.

I recommend watching Gattaca, to see what’s next for advances like this. Choosing your perfect bundle of joy with the help of a lab tech. In turn, his DNA map becomes his/her resume.

All must know this will lead to heavy overpopulation of the perfect, and healthy.

www.upi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

*Edit* Corrected Headline

[edit on 3/3/09 by Cyprex]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I can't see the difference between this doctor and doctor Frankenstein.

This one line post has been approved by my claws.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This sounds eerily close to the genetic purification/selection that Hitler was trying to achieve with his idyllic blond haired, blue-eyed super-race.

remember.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

That is exactly was I was thinking, is this the way for the "illumanti" to make a "perfect" population?

Are the scientist doing this, for the elite to have their perfect race etc for the future?

so they get rid of everyone else, and this is the way they keep population at 500 million without reproduction except through science?

Why have scientist been working on this in the beginning, and who has funded them?

Questions that should be answered.... especially about the funding!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
If I have a kid I am most definately doing this. I think its a good idea, youre always gonna have your doom sayers. Everything new must be shunned! Shun the non believer shunnnnnn!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
No way... No way, no way, no way, no way....

Seriously. This is the stepping stone to catastrophe.

It's going against the beauty of nature and it is mankind trying to play God.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
If you have a deadly or debilitating disease in your genetic history I can see it but not just to pick gender or hair color.

Even with the diseases, what happened to survival of the fittest. It is a conundrum for sure.

top topics

join