It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Whining About Economy, Says Schwarzenegger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has some advice for people complaining about the state of the global economy: stop whining.

"It doesn't make any sense for people to sit back and whine and to complain about the economy slowing down because we have to look forward rather than back," he said during a speech at the Cebit trade fair in Hanover, Germany, on Tuesday.

"We have to be part of the solution, not part of the problem. And the only way we are going to do this is by being optimistic and finding new ways to stimulate the economy," he said.

Full Article Here

I somewhat agree with what he's saying that we need to look to the future ... but in a sense we need to figure out the mistakes of the past in order to not recreate them in the future ... just my opinion ... but people should be able to "whine" because the government should've done something sooner, but they didn't ....

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Schwarzenegger is at Europe's largest technology fair to promote investment in his state's technology industry. California is the partner state of Cebit this year. It's the first time a state rather than a country has been named official partner.

I don't like the fact that he's in Germany.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

yes interesting point didn't look at it that way ... also interesting that California's Officially a partner with them

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

My governor, Rick Perry, is one of them...

Arnold Schwarzenegger... is also one of them... he's been to the Bohemian Grove.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I agree with him 100%. Crying about it won't fix it.

What he said may sound crude, but that is the way Europeans feel. You can't do anything about the pass so there is no need to harp on it.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
does he follow that statement with "ILL BE BACK"? sorry, couldnt help myself

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Sounds VERY insulting to Americans for him to be saying that in Germany or any other country.

Is he setting us up for Desensitization from other countries? This way when TSHTF here, there will be no outcry from our partner states?

Besides 'He' certainly has nothing to complain or whine about as he has made it pretty damn well in this country that 'our' forfathers created for him to enter and do well in.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Yep, see just as I suspected in my above post, Ha!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Arnold is a fool..
The California Economy is pretty much just his fault................
Just using deflection to get that attention from his failing policies.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Sounds VERY insulting to Americans for him to be saying that in Germany or any other country.

How so? Where in the article does he single out America or Americans?

California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has some advice for people complaining about the state of the global economy: stop whining.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
He makes a good point. At this point the recession is fueling itself. Because everyday people are hiding money, not wanting to invest in banks, pulling stock out of fear. At this point if we'd all buck up and just start buying stuff, and stop saying well, its just going to get worse, itll get better. I guarantee if a bunch of people start buying houses, and cars, then boom, youll see the economy shoot back up. But instead we all hide in our houses afraid to spend money.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Yeah, stop crying that students don't get the loans, stop crying that California is broke, stop crying that CEO's are getting hundred billion dollar bail-outs, partying, and buying prostitutes with that money while we get IOU's from the government. Stop crying and eat some cake.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by jd140

Yep, see just as I suspected in my above post, Ha!

Nope it isn't like you suspected. What he was saying and I agree with is that crying about what happened last year isn't going to fix the problem, we can't go back in time and prevent it from happening. We have to concentrate on today and figure out a solution so that maybe tomorrow will be better.

I can say that if I had saved more money then I could be better off then I am now, but that won't change anything today will it? To fix that problem I can't think about what might have been, I have to concentrate on ways to better my situation tomorrow, today.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by American_Soviets
Yeah, stop crying that students don't get the loans, stop crying that California is broke, stop crying that CEO's are getting hundred billion dollar bail-outs, partying, and buying prostitutes with that money while we get IOU's from the government. Stop crying and eat some cake.

Exactly. Stop crying and do something about it. Look for ways to improve the situation and stop pointing fingers. Blaming people and crying about it will never fix the situation.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Maybe Schwartzenegger should take his own advice and stop whining about California's budget woes, stop whining about the Californian Republicans in the legislature's previous reluctance to raise taxes, stop whining about people not wanting to see more new taxes in what's already the most taxed state in the union, stop whining about the state's drought, and, most importantly, not whine when he finds himself out of a job after not being re-elected in the next gubernatorial race.

I hope he doesn't consider me a whiner when I say that he's a prime example of the #1 problem plaguing today's GOP... he's a liberalized Republican with a marginalized brain and his kind are no longer wanted or needed in my party. If they don't start taking the hint and file out the door that's being held open for them, those of us telling them to leave will ultimately split from the GOP entirely and form a modern truely conservative party which exemplifies Barry Goldwater's view of what Conservativism should be all about while embracing the national pride and morality Reagan stood for while shunning the corporate ass kissing, liberal "compassionate conservative" garbage, and international supercop mentallity Karl Rove brought into the party. Schwartzenegger would give Rove a big bear hug, Goldwater would have given him five knuckles to the face, Reagan DID give him the boot from his campaign after absorbing GHW Bush as his candidate for VP. So hasta la vista, "Governator," as you leave please take your Danny Devito-esque buddy Karl with you.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Sometimes, to improve the situation, you have to let the problem at hand dissipate, OR , run it's course.

How many people WANT the system as we know it, to fail?

How many well to do people have pulled their money out of stock markets, banks, etc....just to usher the problem right on down the road it is following?

Think about this: Let's just say, we all go out and do our part, buy cars/houses/new TV's, and things go "back to normal". Have we made things better, or are we just fueling the monster again, but instead on a longer-term scale?

Maybe it needs to fail. Insanity means, doing the same thing , over and over, expecting different results.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It's easy for him to say that while he's not even on home soil. It's also easy for him to say that becasue he's rich. He doesn't have to worry about where his food is going to come from next month, like many of his 'own'n Californians have to worry about.

Arnie, you can kiss my broke, jobless ass, dude. Go live in Germany and talk trash about Americans all you want, YUPPIE SNOB.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
It's easy for him to say that while he's not even on home soil. It's also easy for him to say that becasue he's rich. He doesn't have to worry about where his food is going to come from next month, like many of his 'own'n Californians have to worry about.

Arnie, you can kiss my broke, jobless ass, dude. Go live in Germany and talk trash about Americans all you want, YUPPIE SNOB.

I see you have not read the article. Show me where he said
Americans should stop complaining, or where he was trashing America.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by stevegmu]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Exactly. This is a global problem and Germany might be worse off then the US. So I think he is making a generalized statement. Not just picking on Americans.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
He makes a good point. At this point the recession is fueling itself. Because everyday people are hiding money, not wanting to invest in banks, pulling stock out of fear. At this point if we'd all buck up and just start buying stuff, and stop saying well, its just going to get worse, itll get better. I guarantee if a bunch of people start buying houses, and cars, then boom, youll see the economy shoot back up. But instead we all hide in our houses afraid to spend money.

I didn't read what Arnold had to say because I think he is mistaking anger as whining.
Anyone that deluded doesn't deserve considered thought.
You first my friend. Rush right on out there and buy a house. In my case I'll buy a 2nd
house and another car. When our government relinquishes their collective fiscal responsibility and hands the reins of economic policy to the FRB , you believe the solution lies with 'everyday people'?

new topics

top topics

join