It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When does a group belief become a cult and why?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

I think what you mean here is, you become your own silent watcher. Your right we cant run away from things but also we should not give them energy and thought. We need to silently watch without any reaction or analysis.

That's exactly what I mean. And there is a warning: some people will become their own Gestapo! The result of a formal approach...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

Thanks for the video, but I can't watch just yet. I'm using safe mode and have no sound card after reformatting, my PC is on it's death bed! I'm getting a new PC next week and will have to catch up then.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamNow

Thanks for the post from the External Source, there is a lot of truth I see in that. Do you have the link to the external source.

Its from a book called E.T. 101: The Cosmic Instruction Manual for Planetary Evolution. I think it may be out of print and only available second hand.

stuff.mit.edu...

www.soulwise.net... It was linked to on another thread. Id never heard of it but found that quote from it on fear very good and very truthful.

It reminds me very much of The Hitchhickers Guide to the Galaxy but more serious!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath

I think what you mean here is, you become your own silent watcher. Your right we cant run away from things but also we should not give them energy and thought. We need to silently watch without any reaction or analysis.

That's exactly what I mean. And there is a warning: some people will become their own Gestapo! The result of a formal approach...

yes I can see how that would happen, more reason to just be a silent watcher and not analyse or react, take the informal approach...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nichiren
I'm involved with a certain TV show. We have the British group Take That on the show tonight. Their fan base is amazing. There's teenagers camping out in front of the venue. Definitely cult-like ;-)

The group is great, though. They're very decent lads.

Just wanted to clarify, I didn't mean to imply all artists and their fans act this way. It's perfectly normal for fans to have adoration in this manner.

In most cases, the cult-like behaviour somehow develops from the fans themselves. The celeb may just clue into it as an afterthought, that hey these people are crazy for me ... and there may be the temptation to take advantage of that, and subtly rev up their fanatical behaviour. What I mostly meant was some can attract a certain type of fan, others alike, join in and the cult behaviour is noted. They may be attracted to the lyrics, because the lyrics have a certain theme. Or if it's not a musician, they're attracted to something else that the celeb's theme targets. Without naming names and giving examples, I can't properly express what I mean ...

[edit on 15-3-2009 by violet]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Live music at a concert, like radio, is a shared experience you do at the same time with others. A CD is most often something you listen to alone. An album can be recorded by the Artist with that intention in mind. I often wonder why some of the song selection has those awful songs, you wish ve. I came home from it crying and depressed and truthfully it triggered an unforeseen circumstance - because it got me to react. Admittedly it was because the content was intentional, in that it's going to upset anyone who has experienced any of the circumstances they acted out in a montage of scenes. They didn't miss a beat. I researched it's reviews and read how others thought the same of it. So it wasn't just me.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by violet]
Its my belief that at the moment some of us and I dont mean some of us are more special than others.I just think some are becoming aware at a faster rate than others.
My theory is that some, maybe you are releasing karma aparantly the hardest karma on this physical plane is the emotional chakra.
This chakra the solar plexus chakra dealing with all the positive and negative emotions.
Possibly when one is with a crowd and the chakra is not balanced with other energy points in the body termoil could occur.
If said person is becoming more aware and is in the process of releasing negative baggage they are tuned into themselves and those around them.
If those who are consciously asleep react with anxiety anger ,sadness etc
then said person who is aware will feel the emotions at an increased level.
The trick is to ground the energy and be aware of your own body.
As for the dizzy cams they dont work with me either I know what you mean about IMAX though.
It seems to me anyway that these times the spiritually unaware are up for grabs and you cant make someone research their spirituality.
Its like when the Herd of Deer are attempting to cross the river The Herd being the consciously asleep and the crocodiles are in the river waiting to devour them.Replace Crocodiles with Cult leaders.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by headlightone]

[edit on 16-3-2009 by headlightone]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by headlightone

Oh, you mean like Christianity, Judaism, Islam, etc. People do not consider these cults, yet they line up perfectly with the definition you posted. They hold beliefs that are unproven, have massive, massive amounts of wealth that rarely benefit the members (of the lower level), and perform heinous acts. Not only have there been countless millions (possibly billions) of murders, tortures, and victimizations commited against "non-believers" and "heretics," but they continue to demonize and divide the people of the world because of their otdated, illogical, irrational, and unproven beliefs. THey hold the largest influence in world affairs and politics and need to be recognized as antithetical to human development and awareness.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hohuwah

When did that group belief in that said religion become a cult.
I dont want to get into a Bun fight on which of the main religions has the worst track record.
At a moment in world history each religion served a purpose.
One mans cult is another mans religion.
Cult, One or minority use mindcontrol and manipulate others into his beliefs about God and which was the true messenger.Or they must believe in spacegods crystals or whatever. Its about minority having ultimate power over the group.
Religion in most cases does not need the mind control aspect. Religion or the true knowledge of where we came from is at the root of every human psyche.
Religion in my opinion seems to be normaly an argument about the message and who was the true messenger. It doesnt ever include space gods or crystals etc
Most Religions are more flexible than cults transitional their is scope for argument questions can be asked.
Cults are nonflexible and rules are steeped against the group, threats are given if one attempts to leave.
If you read back in this thread lots more definitions of cults are their to be read.
I am not going to get into a Bun fight over which religion commited the worst atrocities thats a subject for another thread.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
img60.exs.cx...

Remind you of anyone

Credit for finding this very funny picture goes to IamNow!

A reminder of what NOT to become. And how do we not become this?

DONT join a cult .Just be yourself. Not what others want you to be.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

lol, clearly the bubble wrap is symbolic of protection and is in place to hold them back from confronting fear and insecurity.

Plus it looks cool!

I joined a site recently, just to see what kind of people I could meet and maybe see if anyones interested in my art, and ikjkfgjdfgfdg haha i dunno.. it feels like i've joined a cult. Maybe its just ego but whats wrong with saying "hey man, i like your thoughts, you seem like a nice guy, nice to meet ya, have a nice day".. but no I get like a bunch of people saying "hello brother" ahgghlkfghfg the brother thing is so culty! lol
.. "hello brother, peace be upon thesee, may blessings of the light fill your day, love be with you." I'm clearly not appreciative of this energy their sending me but c'mon, even my ma doesn't smother me with as much.

haha.. oh man.. its ego issues, for sure.. i fear the cult, i need to confront it. I think its past life crap man.. theres a "run switch" when I see the signs.

Funny MG, post more!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD

I joined a site recently, just to see what kind of people I could meet and maybe see if anyones interested in my art, and ikjkfgjdfgfdg haha i dunno.. it feels like i've joined a cult. Maybe its just ego but whats wrong with saying "hey man, i like your thoughts, you seem like a nice guy, nice to meet ya, have a nice day".. but no I get like a bunch of people saying "hello brother" ahgghlkfghfg the brother thing is so culty! lol
.. "hello brother, peace be upon thesee, may blessings of the light fill your day, love be with you." I'm clearly not appreciative of this energy their sending me but c'mon, even my ma doesn't smother me with as much.

haha.. oh man.. its ego issues, for sure.. i fear the cult, i need to confront it. I think its past life crap man.. theres a "run switch" when I see the signs.

yes ive had the Brother this and Brother that ( well sister for me) is it really necessary, do others really need to call me their spirit sister...no not really. I know in some cases its meant well, nothing wrong with saying much love and light to someone at the end of a conversation, your sending love their way but yes beware of anyone that calls you brother DD!
You obviously dont feel comfertable with this energy they are sending you...Id say go with that initial feeling and RUN!

I sense it straight away now, before I walked into it with closed eyes. I let people call me sister this and sister that, I allowed my name to be changed, never again. You know I also thought it may be a past life karma working its way through me. It is as if I had to confront this or it would never go away. Im sure I must have been in one in a past life in a really really big way for it to have such an impact on me for sure. I'll never really understand it but for me that whole bubble wrap phase is OVER

Your right cave ego plays a very big part in cults. If someone told you that you were a space god enough times, your ego would come round to believing it, the ego loves that sort of thing and before you know it your Supreme Lord Cave of the Era space empire with lots of space brothers. You send up waves of space light daily to an even more supreme Lord of the Era Empire!! Its a load of new age rubbish and so cultish its unbelievable.

Now why on earth would you want that, I think plain old caveman is far better and far more rewarding. Maybe your brother friends are different I dont know.

Thanks MG

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
An up to date picture of the notorious cult leader Charles Manson as you can see he hasnt changed much.
I know enlightened folk go on about their being no such thing as evil just positive or negative energy forms.I just feel that if one such as Manson is drawn to the negative energy of the universe it will have an effect.
The form of the negative being will manifest as evil and the outside image will be evil.

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by headlightone

Well,honestly, I think people such as Manson serve a purpose. Manson was the illegitimate child of a prostitute, who for all tense and purposes, was kicked around most of his life. The lesson that should be gleaned is that a person can only suffer so much. At some point and time, the time to pay the piper will come.

Now, with that being said, there are different levels of cult activity. The vast majority of your "cults" are benign. They generally stay in their own places of existence and have little to no interaction with the "madness" of the modern day world.

To be quite frank, I see nothing wrong with people believing whatever they wish. Only when that belief starts to have outside influence, and very few "cults" do, does it become a problem.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

This guy David Koresh was he misunderstood, was he true in his beliefs?
Was he just WACO excuse the pun.interesting read about him.
I dont believe in what you said about Manson surely the stronger person is the one who forgives the horrors of his past life.
If you can get through a turbulent wicked childhood and become strong and resilient THEN USE THAT EXPERIENCE TO HELP OTHERS then you are a strong Human being.
If you give in and take it out on innocents you have let the past conquer you.
Link on Koresh below.

www.apologeticsindex.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
HYPOTHETICAL.
This site attracts a certain type of poster.
Maybe a certain particular blood group.
Remember all cells have memories.
That certain type of poster falls in with the wrong sort.
Those in the know can connect to those of the certain blood group.
That said blood group or sleepers return to the vipers nest.
That certain blood group cannot resist the call.
The cult is formed.
The dinosaurs were here first.
Certain rituals ARE REQUIRED.
Welcome ALL what a vipers nest it is.
Keep the faith all

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29   >>

join