It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When does a group belief become a cult and why?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Oh I think I need to go out and buy the box set of most haunted, I have seen the odd few but nothing like the ones posted in this thread. I could sit up all night watching them

Also just keeping it real with my Sig, I don't want to think I am something I am not.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I avoided to mess with stand offs on this thread, but this one I will not tolerate.
Maybe H got carried away, but I kindly ask him to return to the starting position.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamNow

Also just keeping it real with my Sig, I don't want to think I am something I am not.

Yes i know, but Ive never seen anyone write it before on ATS, I found it quite refreshing.

Oh yes Derek made that show with his countless possessions and spirit encounters. Just classic entertainment!! Well unless it was real then I feel sorry for him, but Im sure it was hyped up a lot for the cameras!

Take care MG

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath

I avoided to mess with stand offs on this thread, but this one I will not tolerate.
Maybe H got carried away, but I kindly ask him to return to the starting position.

Hey maybe he was watching digital TV at the time, its a possibility. Im sure if N wasnt being sarcastic H will say he was wrong, like I say I cant actually hear that link so I cant really comment.

To me its all wasted energy, all defending this that and the other. Dont you think?

Headlightones followers
Is this the latest cult, The Headlightone Cult !! Seems anything can be a cult these days.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I'll be back

Btw, what they do with that Magnetic Resonance hocus-pocus, is in effect not different from any pattern recognition method applied to people from ancient times.

Just remember what Procrust did (the guy from the legends about Theseus). He would put passer-buys in his bed and "adjust" them to the "needs of the bed", shortening them for their head or stretching them, as case may be.

Nothing new to worry about, sadly...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Hey MG dont fight my corner.
I do not wish to start my own cult mind lets see.
I could be Head lightone the disciples would be Light ones Yes it may work NOT
If my perception was wrong then I will stop the ignore attitude I have of Nichiren simple as that.
I will take stock of whats gone on and resume contact.
I have no problem with conflicting ideas and never take my bat and ball home.
The ignore button is to switch off and go glassy eyed when you percieve someones taking the mickey.
Trouble on virtual forums is you cant read a persons face its a case of reading between the lines.
Anyway if I got it wrong its no sweat, talks will resume .
Im big enough to apologise.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by headlightone]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
reply to post by headlightone

Sandbox turned into a mud pool.

Make your own "pool of radiance" if you wish...

I am greatly opposed to your denunciation of Nichiren as being "sarcastic".

Your qualification is very tendentious and lowly.

Eventually, you may or may not be left with one or two "followers", just to keep the thread "alive".

Danger Death if this thread in the last few weeks, days, hours, minutes ,seconds has reached out and resonated with anybody great.
The thread might die but the memory will live on.Besides most things die and this thread will probably rise out of the ashes like a phoenix from the flames.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

What mirror mirrors when mirroring mirror

Just make sure the spikes dissolve in the "now".

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Danger Death you hit the button.
My perception of Nichiren was probably wrong.
It is indeed that I falsely witnessed a characteristic in my own profile.
A reflection I know quite well.
I freely admit to having a sense of humour which does on occasion lean to being rather sarcastic [lower form of wit]

I know the devil in myself and address it every day.
MG could of been on to something it could of been a SSSS /Digital mind crush moment you never know.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Now, "humor" we could discuss

I was trying to imagine how to explain the concept of humor to a Vulcan, or to an Android (like Data from ST New Generation).

Like: A "safe" release of surplus "stress" energy.

I call it "safe" because it is not invested in "emotions" (like anger, fear, envy, threat, any emotion actually).

"Laughing at human folly" - that was an advice from don Juan, which I wholeheartedly accepted

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Sarcasm - grinding on flesh

Possible among friends, but generally will provoke strong reaction.

I reserve it only for politicians (who can't hear me :lol

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by headlightone

Hey MG dont fight my corner.
I do not wish to start my own cult mind lets see.
I could be Head lightone the disciples would be Light ones Yes it may work

Count me out! Dont care who you are or what you've done for me your not having me as one of your "Light ones ". Anyway Id be a rubbish Light disciple Im from the Dark Side didnt you realize that.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Nichiren

Nichiren you are not my cup of tea mate.
Sarcasm The lowest point of wit .
I choose not to engage with you as I have a good sense of where it will end.
So you my old mate are going on ignore Byeeeee

That's how world war III will start :-( Unfortunately you won't be able to read this, but the truth is:

I sent your link to at least 3 friends, because I thought it was a FANTASTIC video! Very educational. I admit that English is not my first language, so my syntax might throw you off, but your reaction was really interesting ...

I suspect you reacted in that manner, because I asked you a (at least to you) non-sensical question in a preceding post re negativity.

See, I honestly believe that my exchange with SS, Naga was not negative. If you went back to my first post re Naga you would see that I've stated that his posts were interesting, but I had a hard time dealing with his riddles and jargon. I used the word "cult" because I feel Naga uses a symbolic language (WORD) that only he fully understands. That is a sure sign of a cult-like attitude on his part IMHO. DD picked up on it too. I let you be the judge on how he replied ...

I still feel the same way about Naga, but I've learned a lot about him/myself during my exchange. You might have perceived it as "negative", to me, it was not. Sorry if I derailed your thread. BTW: A few pages back I did ask you for permission to "wander off", but you never replied.

All the best.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nichiren

I still feel the same way about Naga, but I've learned a lot about him/myself during my exchange. You might have perceived it as "negative", to me, it was not. Sorry if I derailed your thread. BTW: A few pages back I did ask you for permission to "wander off", but you never replied.

All the best.

I think he meant the negativity between Naga and violet.

Anyway no harm done. thats what I said about how wars are started due to mis understandings. The written word is hard to read emotionally I admit, and Ive seen many a fight break out on this web site over a mis understanding.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Dark side your not wrong there green what a history you have,

Well your still alive and Kicking so you must be stronger for the experience.
I might take you on.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Nichiren

Nichiren you have my apology on a U2U
Naga and Violet yes MG your right thats where the negative vibes were coming from.
Unfortunately a lot of my posting is done on the hoof at work lots of interruptions and waiting for an available computer,
Which means sometimes things get lost in translation.
Peace

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Thank you. We cool

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Dark side your not wrong there green what a history you have,

Well your still alive and Kicking so you must be stronger for the experience.
I might take you on.

Yes I admit there is a darker side to me, I was not completely joking in my reply to you as to why Id make a rubbish Light disciple in your joke cult. But does not everyone have the ability to take a step to the left? The trick is to recognize it, experience it, bank the knowledge then retreat before it engulfs you.

I believe a person who never experiences the darker side of themselves is actually out of balance, and may find further down the path , the dark creeps up on them without warning. My friend LoneGunMan says it best. Below is a quote from him, Im sure he whont mind. Its from another thread.

What most new age people do not acknowledge though is duality. The two poles of a magnet, black and white...the other force. It is going in the opposite direction and trying its best to "unwind" your spiral. As the vortex works deosil (clockwise) north of the equator (the equalizer) it works widdershins (counter clockwise) south of the equator.

The middle path is where we need to walk. Too many "lightworkers" are out of balance and if not careful the pendulum will swing, if this other side is not seen it will fool you. It will make you believe you are working the light while it sneaks up behind you and leaves you out of balance.

The most important lessons in spirituality cannot be learned from any book. You must look into the abyss from time to time. You must walk in the shadow of the Shaman but not follow the Shaman's path foot step for foot step.

Like he says, the middle path is where we need to walk, but how do you know your in the middle if you have not walked with both light and dark, white and black? The issue with this is as Naga pointed out, the light is sticky, once you experience it, once it touches your soul it is with you forever, a bond is formed, this is true also for the dark.

Maybe its just me that thinks this, but when I saw LoneGunMans post I felt relieved that it just wasnt me that thinks like this.

Im not bad, Im certainly not on the dark side but I have walked slightly to the left and I think this can only strengthen our ability in discernment. How can we discern against what we have not seen?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
reply to post by SS,Naga and violet

Maybe headlightone is right, digital signals are being sent out to manifest certain emotions . Strange how this thread deteriated after he posted that...just a thought.

Also are you aware that you all keep refering to a certain person, I do not yet you all feel you have to keep bringing his name up...6 times it has been spoken, by doing this you give him energy, you keep the negativity he brought alive.

You're right MG, I have done that and must stop talking about you know who.

Also, after re-reading my post above, I sound very hostile, and ashamed of my behaviour.

My apologies to you SS Naga.

I don't know about this digital business, I'll catch up on that after my reply here. By coincindence my HD digital TV signal went down yesterday, but was working on my regular digital box on another TV. I had to re-route the cable wiring to get it back, but now I can't receive cable radio with this set-up, because I had to remove the splitter. Suddenly, after years of using splitters and never having a problem, my cable company said I can't use one, going as far as to call them useless, although they themselves install them and there's a bunch of them on the outside of my home that they installed that are splitting to serve more than one TV and my internet connection. Without cable radio, my stereo has no stations, all I can use is a portable radio with compromised reception and limited stations, none of which are from the major Cities closest to me. Basically I was left to make a choice between radio or TV. What's next? Make a choice betwen TV or internet?!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I am all for it. Explore all of the capacity of human beings. Don't be afraid, fear comes from indoctrination and imposed taboos. Learn all you can, thus there will be no lurking "mysteries" to attract you and make you lose your balance.

Did you by any chance read Lautreamont? He made a very interesting approach..

en.wikipedia.org...

Les Chants de Maldoror is based around a character called Maldoror, a figure of unrelenting evil who has forsaken God and mankind. The book combines a violent narrative with vivid and often surrealistic imagery.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join