It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When does a group belief become a cult and why?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

The trick is in the interpretation:

what are you afraid of
what are you afraid of
autumn rain

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
True poetical expression is:
Attack the logic of language.
Attack the meaning of words.
Do not follow association (protocol).
All nouns are inter-replaceable. Same for verbs, adjectives, and so on.
Metaphor (description) is not poet's tool.
When you do so, you have deconstructed the language, and then the truth expresses itself. It has nothing to do with one's imagination, it is simply intent.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

DangerDeath that reads to me apart from being soulfull as Creation is confused, God is confused
It reads that you cant give it a boundary and try and understand it all.
Flux is at play and nothing can be taken for certain.
It gets you thinking.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by headlightone

In symbols you hide
But they are the Anvil
Bat flies into the night
He can’t see, but can you?

And this one is about William Blake. In his time, people were completely amazed by the rediscovered mythical worlds of ancient Greeks and Romans.
Of course, Blake was underestimated...

Belt of symbolism

Frisky Earth, touches star trek.
Blake, who cushions, iron scooter.
Scans Paleolithic, hunt is banned.
Watch closely, eye contact, but nothing.
Menagerie is down there, they can’t see you, you rascal of words.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Actually, it gets you acting.
Poiesis, as well as Drama, both mean: act.

There is no drama without "pause".

Pause, the inconceivable, cannot be expressed otherwise but with action.

So, measures must be dropped. The eternity cannot be measured, not because it is enormous, but because measures don't apply to it.

It is either - or. You have to drop "human form" in order to become the active principle.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by headlightone
reply to post by SS,Naga

A lot that you write is cutting through the fog and lighting me up to other ideas on WHY.
Keep it annonymous or "They" might pay you a visit and tell you nicely to keep quiet.

The first time I read yourself and Danger death for the first 5 minutes I am sort of

My error: I was not referencing the LA & MG situation! I should have clarified, for that looks like what I meant. Sorry to all!

"Under wrap of night,
there have been members who spoke in fright,
of a visiting soft silvering glow,
but was not intent meant so."
SS,Naga

When the Inner Sun burns, the White Light like a Living Laser turns.

So, if my meaning is understood, after 40 yrs., I have met the magicians and the deathly forming ones, and am not found wanting. The innocent are the innocent, and hardly realize that within the ARC of black, is the necessary white, the 'magic' within the realms of etheric-astral-mental (all one). This is the Golden-White Inner Sun, the energizer of everyone.

Find it, and fear not.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by SS,Naga]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SS,Naga
A male philosopher: philosphy as a system to describe and map Being and Universal Potential.

Yeah, I'll buy that...I've got a bent penny (what it's worth).

A female direct experiencer: the Truth resides in the Hidden Feminine, as I've endlessly (here on ats & elsewhere) expressed.

One denies, the other validates.

One verifies with humble expression; the other invalidates with 'cosmic voyager potentials.'

This debate has gone on endlessly since the first CC book was released; I'm not here to resolve it.

Wasn't that the whole point, though, of Casteneda's books [Separate Reality esp.] the hunger for direct experience is the surest indication of what don Juan called the "seed" man or woman, brought to earth as a mere experiencer, as an experience brick in the adobe of the experience world(dJuan:"the world is a feeling"), and without the weapons to venture forth?

Cults reflect this mundane experience into language which appears to promise (in a never-arriving future) to satisfy this hunger for direct experience and channels it in a certain direction (towards the cult leader, for example) for the forming of an egregore (group mind) entity that the cult leader is addicted to.

"No you cain't always git what you want, but if you try, sometimes, you get what you NEED."

[edit on 9-3-2009 by undermind]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by undermind

What if man is consequence of a consequence?
As Pindar said:

"What we are and what we are not?
Man is a dream of a shadow!"

It may be a virus of schizophrenia that has become a gene in our genome and now we only reflect its pattern.

Think about it: The Divided Mind.
Divide and Rule!

We need a cure...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Observe the silent pool.
The first ripple in the water
The watchers hang their lines.
A first silver glimmer of a shoal
Is it time to make a surface.
Dark shadows reflect a fear
Shall we stay within this womb
More ripples in the water
Waves brealking on the shore
The next stage of the journey
A timeless calm descends upon the pool
More ripples in the water.
More watchers on the shore.

Headlightone march 9/3/09

[edit on 9-3-2009 by headlightone]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

It certainly replicates itself like a biologic.

The actual mechanism is hard to distinguish from the organism. It's both mechanism and organism simultaeneously, (for - dare I say it - practical purposes of finding a cure) though that's probably just a convenient way of seeing it using language.

Then all sequences are CONsequences. Very good. On the other, divided means dual, no? And dual implies archetypes, promised doorways for the hungry after direct experience to sit in front of, waiting...

Who comes along to tell them their long lonely wait is over? The door was just a test. See? There's nothing behind it!

[sob] Reverend Jones, I owe you my life!

[edit on 9-3-2009 by undermind]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Thoughts cannot affect material world (like telekinesis).
But thoughts can affect the body (body reflects), and force body to hurt others.

This is how ideology works, and the other way around - feelings provoke thoughts!

Social (cult) behavior is conditioned in this manner.

Put two mirrors against each other, what do they reflect: the principle of reflection!

And someone said:

There is no road to travel.
There is no one to travel.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

"Don Juan saw Dreaming to be a level of awareness through which we access the experience of the world beyond the barriers of our limited words, concensus, cognition---a way to access the world of the direct experience of energy, being, and the power of intent. Words, as he saw it, can often define, buffer, and imprison us in the shabby hovel of what we like to call the ordinary conensus agreement. They function as perceptual glosses divorced from the energy that is not included within their definitions, and from the power that energy lends to our acts. This energy is our profound right and inheritance as sentient beings. Dreaming practices are then one vehicle for making contact with that energy and for liberating ourselves into our rightful inheritance."
("Twilight Language of the Nagual," by Merilyn Tunneshende, 2004)

"Thou talkst of Nothing."

("Romeo and Juliet," Shakespeare, 'Queen Mab')

The Archetypes emanate from the WORD, in an instantaneous reflecting, flickering patterning of Substance~Force~Energy.

Any fool (mankind) who attempts to relate to this via dogma (religion) or philosphy (meaning) perpetuates innocence and ignorance , like love and hate devoid of Wisdom. Wisdom enables embodiment, or direct Knowing, experiencing.

All is well; the kids are asleep.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Hi I have to admit to becoming some what lost over the last few pages of your thread, but Im not over bothered. We all know and understand exactly what we are meant to at this precise moment.

Thanks for such a good thread.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Buddha: Trust No One.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SS,Naga

Something I agree with totally “Trust No One” you can go right ahead and trust them, but when they let you down you will only blame “them” not you own judgment. It’s through your own judgment you put trust in them in the first place, also when you put trust in somebody you expect them to do something in return, It doesn’t work like that, expect nothing of nobody.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamNow
reply to post by SS,Naga

Something I agree with totally “Trust No One” you can go right ahead and trust them, but when they let you down you will only blame “them” not you own judgment. It’s through your own judgment you put trust in them in the first place, also when you put trust in somebody you expect them to do something in return, It doesn’t work like that, expect nothing of nobody.

In a relationship with someone, always let that relation exist upon your decision to trust and not on the "exchange". This will make you unconditionally unaffected by whatever action of the other party. I guess, that's what you're saying

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I strongly disagree with the banning of Paul_Richard and Darcon and believe that they are being discriminated against because they are Solist Mystics. In being a Solist and Core Elder, I also prefer to be banned from this corrupt and hypocritical forum!

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Drakiir

If it means that much to you why don’t you just go right ahead and tell the moderators you’re an Elder or whatever in some Cult, I’m sure that will work, or just don’t log back into ATS.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
To answer the question posted:
It becomes a cult when others are looked down upon.
Usually the killing starts shortly thereafter.
What is in the true heart? Thats salvation from liberation!

Religion is mans feeble attempt to understand something
he should probably not even try to.
Spirituality comes from God.
The mixing up of the two is where the problems start!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

I was going to say, this sound no different from religion

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join