It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When does a group belief become a cult and why?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This article explains methods of brainwashing and it ticks a lot of boxes.
The key words of "INFLUENCE and "RECIPROCITY" resonate with me as I am sure they will do with other readers.
Tactics like these will be used by a control authority figure to build a Bridgehead and Platform to start to CULTivate the group.
Have a, read its good education to understand some of the methods applied .

www.rickross.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Rule of Reciprocity

According to sociologists and anthropologists, one of the most widespread and basic norms of human culture is embodied in the rule of reciprocity. This rule requires that one person try to repay what another person has provided. By obligating the recipient to an act of repayment in the future--the rule for reciprocation allows one individual to give something to another with the confidence that it is not being lost.

Right on target!
Where there is "exchange" (reciprocity) there is "life"

Slavery.
The opposite of "sharing", which is - "death".

The most poisonous trick of all, especially since people are so ignorant about the way things really work. This is clearly exploitation (blood sucking) of the ignorant:

# The rule applies even to uninvited first favors, which reduces our ability to decide whom we wish to owe and putting the choice in the hands of others

Enslavement by"history" of our "relationship", for the "sake of our friendship"...

That's why a warrior has to state his intent in loud words before entering into a relationship

Aha:

The key to using the principles of Commitment and Consistency to manipulate people is held within the initial commitment. That is--after making a commitment, taking a stand or position, people are more willing to agree to requests that are consistent with their prior commitment. Many compliance professionals will try to induce others to take an initial position that is consistent with a behavior they will later request.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green

Originally posted by cindymars
No I use standing scaler wave energy techniques from my "New Age Cult".

I have no idea what that means. Care to tell? then again you are my friend, I dont want you to give me any links or ideas from your group on line, I dont want to see you banned, but im still interested in what that could mean. Standing scale wave, is this a technique known to others?

On the subject of your pig, when I was out of my cult, prior to returning, I was attacked by a black blob. It wasnt nasty or evil, it was just a big black blob with two big eyes. i was meditating and entered the phase of complete stillness and it just appeared. At first I got away from it, some how I found the awarness to escape it, unfortunatly it found me soon after and started what I can only describe as trying to kiss me to death. It was suffocating me with its wierd kiss. It was a horrible looking thing but wasnt dark or evil.

I saw it again on another time, this time it didnt attack it just looked at me with its wierd eyes within its blob.

I also got "attacked" once again when I had left the cult,but again returned later, by a very wanting and needy entity. It surrounded me with its blue aura, it was like a leech, thats all it was a needy leech thing. It attached itself to me and just tryed to smother me with its needy sad love. In the end the only way I could get it to leave was to just say in my mind "get off now". It did go, all I got from that thing was leechy, needy sadness. Maybe SS, Naga can tell me if hes ever come across these things? Not all attacks are dark and fierce, some are like I have described, sad and leechy.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Mr Green]

Do those attacks only occur when you're alone, or do they happen when you're in the company of others? Are you asleep when it happens?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
What a brilliant quote
Their,s a lot of good info here.

www.rickross.com...

[edit on 7-3-2009 by headlightone]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

Thanks I am Now Just being a good citizen
Trouble is you chop one head off and another always appears.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by headlightone
reply to post by IamNow

Thanks I am Now Just being a good citizen
Trouble is you chop one head off and another always appears.

Well, every head needs a body ...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
reply to post by headlightone

Interesting thread !

Well my thoughts about when a belief turns into a cult is when the following occur:
The belief causes self destructive behavior.
The belief causes destructive behavior toward others.

A great example is SCIENTOLOGY.

What are you afraid of ?
What are your crimes ?

[edit on 6-3-2009 by jfj123]

I found those videos very scary and disturbing that this sort of thing is allowed.

Why cant people see this for what it really is? Those three men in the first video were absolutely horrible.

Interesting that the leavers can still feel its effects for up to 12 years. I can totally believe this, I still struggle with how my mind and perceptions have been altered.

The scientologist have to sign a billion year contract
thats just crazy. They actually believe they are inhabited by dead aliens
this is dangerous they seem to have alot of powers and influence.

Followers are told if they leave they will most probably commite suicide within 6 months

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamNow
reply to post by headlightone

I would just like to thank you personally headlightone, ATS should be proud they have a member like you; this has to be one of my fav threads of all time. The main reason being, I have seen and experienced what cults can do to people “I’m sure Mr Green will fill you in on who I am, as I cant u2u yet” Keep up the good work pal, now I all this can be put in the past.

Thank you so much.

Now we can move on. Thats all I ever wanted, was to be able to put this behind us. Im glad we both learnt from our bad experience of cults and that this knowledge we now both have we will be able to use to spot this sort of behaviour a mile off.

Can you believe the scientologist sign a billion year contract
Sort of thing we'd have done once so dont know why Im laughing!!!!

See you around.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Cults in general and scientology in particular well know the secret of the ages: the lower apsect of the Soul (Hi-low) is Trapped within a Container Field (containment filed), as I have clearly explained many times here on ats. It's too hard to believe, but that's refusal to guide the (searching) awareness via Intent.

So, signing contracts for a billion years is valid: same with christianity: it's an eternal arrangement, and they know something very few people understand: They're Out There, Waiting: you must seek protection, blah, blah...Not in those words: but the Lower Soul Aspect picks up on this opportunity to convey to it's embodied-disconnected Self, and the low Self feels some fearful Truth pour through it's container: 'Hey, somethings Out There.'

Read over my posts, check for my "Scales of the Dragon" quotes, and get an inkling. Humanity is such a spooky, superstitious child: When they grow up spiritually, they find they need a Group of Protector Warriors, which is established. Currently, only certain small groups (Cults) attempt to fill this need. The christian church call it possession of evil spirits, but have no actual protection for it ("oh, save me jesu" is inadequate). One of my own sisters spoke with a priest who told her he had seen a woman thrown across the room, hitting a wall, with nobody standing near her at the time; she had been suffering from hysterics. This same sister could see my dead mom sitting on her bed, asleep or awake, eyes open or closed, at times (her husband divorced her, and had her commited just to get the kids: she got out, and maintained a high paying job for decades).

So, a billion years isn't a bad deal. It's the tithes that hurt (donations).

They'll certainly sell anything, and it isn't just to the gullible. People want help. I want out. From the Other Side, I saw the misery, and the perspective is different: you feel the pain and unknowing: "Oh, I can surely help." Now, I can only say, "Help, Mr. Wizard! Get me the hell out of here."

But there is no 'mr. wizard': You Are It: The Void Portal.

It's only nice and beautiful until the SHTF, which it invariably does. So have a nice day, watch out for flying.... ....it's everywhere.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SS,Naga
Where there is bright white shielding light, there is it's composite, dark penetrating blacklight, it's mate. Like Paul Harvey said, "Now you know...the Rest of the Story." Even Clear Light , the Brilliance, which is the Invisible Substance and Energy of All There Is, has two forms in It's Emanation from The WORD: Anti-Alpha and Anti-Omega Forces (the 13): the Double-Vortexes of EverAll...with the Eye of the Vortexes at their Center, called the Void, or singularity.

What's out there can be configured into impersonal forms (as perceived), but it is beside the point...being the 4th dimension, it is out there. Humanity is surrounded by lifeforms within the Sea of Life and the Ocean of Energy. Get used to it.

Then I guess we had just better get on with it! This is so complex it seems even more stupid to give up our beliefs to another and our energies. To do that just makes it even harder to see what is going on dont you think.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

That's just the problem: information is received from high to low via relays ('relay stations'), so it is understandable that, being incarnated and in the incarnated condition, the state of 'seperation,' people need these relays to connect to All There Is. Or so they believe, because of maintained-conditioned state of seperation, via social information systems.

The native indigenous peoples (I know, a misnomer, but somebody once asked me: isn't everybody on Earth indigenous? No.) have access to systems of information that include the Greater Realm, via Dreaming. Well, doesn't everybody dream? Yes, but Not in the same manner. If you knew the truth behind this, modern culture peoples would scream, "I've been Robbed!" But this has been seen to, and the indigenous peoples have been placed into a lower social caste setting, in the perception of the more industrialized/science-dependent societies. Ring any bells, for anybody?

So, people can't see At All for the most part; if I were to speak freely, I'd be cast off the planet for a blasphemer, I'm sure, or put in a paddy wagon BY the insane. These links (cults [belief systems], friends, etc.) are critical for most.

How do I see through the Murk? I use The Brilliance, via the Archetypes, Through the SoulSelf Connect. All Impersonal, all Real: if anybody knew what I was talking about, I could start my own cult...just think, slaves for a billion years (and donations!). This is certainly making sense now...

Can anybody do this? No. One must have a Subtle Nervous System, at least partially developed. Then, one must spend years following a given path, rather than hob-knobbing around for the greenest grass they 'see.' And if that path is corrupted, the user becomes corrupted by it. So, now it becomes clear why many can 'ascend,' which means 'raise,' but does not connote 'Full' ascension (annhilation and transmutation: matter to pure energy). Very, very few will get 'out of the system' via The Pearl. Oh, they will talk high knowledge and sell you anything, but most 'evolvers' are headed for The New Womb (Earth), carefully prepared for these 'cream of the crop' members of humanity.

And will they not be so wise, raised into a higher light (this new womb condition), that they will easily figure out what's been done to them?

You underestimate your Masters/Rulers. But you always have, haven't you, mankind....? (look around you at paradise).

[edit on 7-3-2009 by SS,Naga]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Can anybody do this? No. One must have a Subtle Nervous System, at least partially developed. Then, one must spend years following a given path, rather than hob-knobbing around for the greenest grass they 'see.' And if that path is corrupted, the user becomes corrupted by it. So, now it becomes clear why many can 'ascend,' which means 'raise,' but does not connote 'Full' ascension (annhilation and transmutation: matter to pure energy). Very, very few will get 'out of the system' via The Pearl. Oh, they will talk high knowledge and sell you anything, but most 'evolvers' are headed for The New Womb (Earth), carefully prepared for these 'cream of the crop' members of humanity.

I would guess most of us at some point have "hob-knobbed around for the greenest grass" but then discovered it corrupt. Yes this does corrupt us no doubt but isnt that all part of it, to learn what does and what doesnt corrupt us? Is it not these "corruptions" that give us the tools to learn? I see a problem for those that dont learn. If there higher self was basically screaming at them "NO turn away" and they still didnt see then I can see this corrupting far more than a person that sees and turns away.

This new womb of Earth, what actually is it?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Earth is a Womb. You are living in the womb of Earth. Most people just don't understand that.

The famous 'crack in the cosmic egg' describes this.

All have heard of the New Earth that will be given Birth.

This is just my description of it, which is Truth, and though it appears as symbolical, it replaces the misleading metaphorical symbology more commonly used and 'ingrained.' The scientific and atheistic types disregard this, but that is merely because they seek material answers, and perceive only half of the reality they live within: half is invisible, the Real half; both must be included to comprehend any system of knowledge, which always dead-ends at the/a point of 'mystery.'

Because the answer is found upon the Other Side.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

All have heard of the New Earth that will be given Birth.

This is just my description of it, which is Truth, and though it appears as symbolical, it replaces the misleading metaphorical symbology more commonly used and 'ingrained.' The scientific and atheistic types disregard this, but that is merely because they seek material answers, and perceive only half of the reality they live within: half is invisible, the Real half; both must be included to comprehend any system of knowledge, which always dead-ends at the/a point of 'mystery.'

Because the answer is found upon the Other Side.

Well is there any wonder this planet has so many cults
Take any of this information, add a few aliens, space gods, ascension, invasions and a cult is formed.

I think I will just go live in a cave away from all this madness!!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

"Let him who seeks, not cease seeking until he
finds, and when he finds, he will
be troubled, and when he has been troubled, he will
marvel and he will
reign over All."
("Gospel of Thomas," trans. A. Guillaumont, 1959)

My wife and I live in a Cave: the view is incredible.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SS,Naga

I just hope you don't live in Plato's cave

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SS,Naga

You got room for one more in your Cave.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
reply to post by SS,Naga

I just hope you don't live in Plato's cave

Here is Our Cave:
The Cave: Home, Sweet Home

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamNow
reply to post by SS,Naga

You got room for one more in your Cave.

This cave was meant to be my quite retreat your just filling it up

Seriously though I can think of no better place to live than a cave I would just love it.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I start to see a cult forming when I begin to see the following traits:

1 - Dogma - "A doctrinal notion asserted without regard to evidence or truth; an arbitrary dictum. "

2 - A resistance to debate or reason. ie: blind faith

3 - A dampening of the individual, identity and ego for the group

4 - enforcement of the above

many other things are variable, and not always part of a cult. such as money, community, communes, etc, but many can be considered 'prevalent' or even 'common'

it starts with thought.

not all cults are bad, per se. at the least, most are harmless, and even temporary. One can think of things like... hardcore WoW players and guilds, pop star fan clubs, some corporate "cultures" (Think old IBM), fantasy football leagues and even the boy/girl scouts.

Most would find it hard to debate that many of these have the same trappings and even methods.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join