It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When does a group belief become a cult and why?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
So are we victimizers or victims?
I prefer neither. Although my ego constantly wanting me to be one or the other.

There are no bad guys just different agendas,
just my opinion.

I disagree, there are people on different agendas and there are bad guys, its wrong to let people get away with things just because "we are all one" and "same destination different paths" No and people need to realize this.

I used to follow the thinking open your heart, radiate out the love, this will address the unbalance we now find ourselves in. How can anything bad possibly happen to me, I am of love and light, my heart chakra will protect me, it will over come all lower astrals, all entities that are less than divine.

Well I was wrong, very very wrong. I have faced up to the fact there is a war of some sorts going on out there on the dimensions, this one and many others. Psychic protection is a MUST. Certain entities dont care a less if your heart is open or not, it does not effect them, they still attack.

Funny headlightone brings up Harry Potter. remember the dementors? They sucked every last bit of life out of their victims didnt they. Ive been attacked several times by entities just like these. So I can not accept we are all the same , we are all one maybe but try telling that to these things.

If it wasnt for some spot on advice over the last year on discarnates, dimensions, psychic attacks and basically everything metaphysical I dont know what would have happened.

I thank everyone whos given me advise on this subject because without your intervention Id be lost.

Do not feel you have done a wrong thing, that the finger of blame will be turned round and pointed at you. What happened had to happen, it had to happen for all the members who have been through it and it had to happen for all those that could have gone through it, if it had allowed to continue. Do not let this we are one, we are all together in this attitude allow you to not act.

I have spent the last year preventing it happening to anyone else because it would haunt me for the rest of my life if Id have stood by and let it happen to another. So I do not agree one bit with this feeling of let the light redress the balance at source. Not in cases like this, no.

In the end we are all one, its just many on several dimensions have not realized this yet. Then again maybe they have realized it and are doing their upmost to prevent it becoming a reality.

I agree we are all one, all is from the source, but I can not stand back and just allow astral entities to attack. What else would you have me do?

I allowed myself to be drawn into a cult by deceptive methods. I had to take responsability for my actions, I on some level let this unfold and only I could end it. My main failing was that I had NO idea a cult could be run through the internet. I never met the leader or any of its members. We had no meeting place (on the physical plane) and I never actually heard any of their voices. However somehow I found myself in a virtual cult. This of course was made possible due to its metaphysical base and discarnate members. Meetings were done in the ether, still meetings, just ones I had no idea could happen.

This is a warning, a very large wake up call, and probably well known in many secret societies. On the day I was enlisted into this cult I was remoted viewed, a very strange experience to say the least. Who was this? What was their aim? Where did they come from? Who knows but this sort of thing is well known in many military agendas.

So Cindy believe me there are people with different agendas out there and very bad entites out there too.

This of course is just my opinion .

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Is there Communion in Unity???

UNITY: oneness of mind, feeling, etc., as among a number of persons; concord, harmony, or agreement. (Definitions)
COMMUNION: the act of sharing, or holding in common; participation. (Definitions)

COMMUNITY - - > [Communion = Unity]
It has developed as a way of describing how an entire community comes together to share similar values.This can also be termed "hive mind".

In The Division of Labour, by Durkheim...argued religion played an important role in uniting members through the creation of a common consciousness.
Collective Consciousness

This is more an argument of semantics, and is based on viewpoints, for which the resolution is unattainable, like a dog biting it's tail (it could go on endlessly).

As far as cults go, they seek unity, with an authority figure leading, who professes communion with another greater Authority figure(ine).

Moving on: in the land of christians, christian is the favorite flavor, so there is no argument there. Christianity is not the world's largest religion, but certainly the most ruthless in their policies. No, I don't care to argue the point with the blind (I can't catch my tail -- someday, maybe).

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If a cult makes you feel happy, that you are an individual, that your thoughts are your own and you can leave at any time. If a cult makes you see more clearly, if it is helpful and non manipulative, if its enabling you to progress and learn in your own way without any fear then I see no problem. This cult is giving a person what they need at that point in time to become more aware.

Most importantly if the cult allows you to keep your own name, own thoughts, ideas, identity and friends then its probably just a group.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

I agree and I disagree.
I stated just different agendas.
I am not all into the "bad guys" or "evil" but I feel it serves its purpose.
I was not endorsing it but just saying I see its purpose.
I am not a warrior in a battle of right and wrong, I feel it is my duty to hold
a certain frequency and generate as much quanta as possible to make a conscious transition either through death or whatever.

I learn from "supposed" adversaries.

If some humans choose a path that does not lead consciosly back to Source that is OK by me. I choose a conscious path back to Source if I am successful.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by cindymars]

Edited to add:
Oh and No I an not into opening my heart in that HR stuff at all.

Typo SP

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

? What is "HR" ??

PJ

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedCairo

? What is "HR" ??

PJ

heart radiance.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

I have read your experiences and understand where you are coming from
Their are bad people out there ,they are probably confused and misled ,possibly possessed.
Their is only the ONE but its scales must be balanced and this is probably seen when wrongs are righted and rights are wronged.
The mainstream need to become aware of the metaphysical subject psychic abuse.
In my opinion this is a huge abuse which is being ignored.
The openings for this are truely frightening.
Imagine you advertise and recruit over the internet you win a potential victims confidence then you get them to meditate and open their chakras whilst a channel is open over the internet, you the psychic master can then enter or place a suggestion or open a door into that persons psyche.
If as the master you can channel discarnates then through you they can enter the victim and commence an energy draining relationship.
Imagine the Nightmare From Elm street scenario you sleep you get astraly attacked, you stay in the virtual cult you get drained of valuable energy you try to leave you get attacked.
This type of cult doesnt want financial gain it wants your chi to nourish itself.
This is a new and alarming phenomenan and I sympathise with you The whole subject of physical /astral /virtual internet cults needs documenting and investigating.
As far as this thread is going their is an Elephant in the room and discussion is not as clear as it could be .

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
I learn from "supposed" adversaries.

It is all we can do. If we didnt learn from them what would be the point.

If some humans choose a path that does not lead consciosly back to Source that is OK by me. I choose a conscios path back to Source if I am successful.

I agree we are free to chose. Its when others try to manipulate us into their way is the only way. This is not good and can confuse many innocents." My way is the only way". To say this is so wrong, is leads to worry and fear , as you question their way which apparently is the only way, you start to think well I dont want to do their way anymore but if it is the only way whats the alternative? hell or some lower dimension? You can see what a circle of worry and fear someone preeching their way is the only way can have on followers.

Very wise

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by headlightone

I already saw the elephant, made allusion to it, and it was lost. So I waited for your return, to see if you recognized it also. You did.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

This is a new and alarming phenomenon and I sympathize with you The whole subject of physical /astral /virtual internet cults needs documenting and investigating.

Spirit catcher - a tool or instrument to catch someone's attention unawares.

I guess one can use Internet to great extent to do this. Computers are so attention hungry and easily create addicts.

Very dangerous, I agree.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Cindy?
Have you ever been psychicly attacked once or on a regular basis.
Believe me when I tell you this it feels like your going to die.
They suffocate you then, they crush you, then they bang directly on your heart.
It feels like somebodys applying a defibrulator on you set on max.
The attack turns you into an insomniac and you get to hate going to bed.
Their are bad people out there.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

The only time I felt I was being drained of energy (melancholia) it was because I was confused and indecisive.

Once I found the answers, I knew what to do, and it didn't repeat in any serious form.

Knowledge, active principle, is decisive.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
But it is worth contemplating.
I was hoping you have some examples from new age cults to clarify this.

Well, there are not a whole lot of "new age cults" that I can reference you to.

Typically, these are the precepts of a "new age" belief system:

The term “New Age” is used herein as an umbrella term to describe organizations which seem to exhibit one or more of the following beliefs: (1) All is one, all reality is part of the whole; (2) Everything is God and God is everything; (3) Man is God or a part of God; (4) Man never dies, but continues to live through reincarnation; (5) Man can create his own reality and/or values through transformed consciousness or altered states of consciousness. Research material and Profile are available.
New age

Generally, when a person thinks of "new age cults" things like Unitarianism and the Moonies are appealed to. I am not sure that I would classify either as "new age" per se. I am not making the argument that there are "No New age" cults because they are. However, they do not make up the majority, unlike what the OP states, of the cults in existence, not by a long shot.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

But it is worth contemplating.
I was hoping you have some examples from new age cults to clarify this.

Well, there are not a whole lot of "new age cults" that I can reference you to.

Typically, these are the precepts of a "new age" belief system:

The term “New Age” is used herein as an umbrella term to describe organizations which seem to exhibit one or more of the following beliefs: (1) All is one, all reality is part of the whole; (2) Everything is God and God is everything; (3) Man is God or a part of God; (4) Man never dies, but continues to live through reincarnation; (5) Man can create his own reality and/or values through transformed consciousness or altered states of consciousness. Research material and Profile are available.
New age

Generally, when a person thinks of "new age cults" things like Unitarianism and the Moonies are appealed to. I am not sure that I would classify either as "new age" per se. I am not making the argument that there are "No New age" cults because they are. However, they do not make up the majority, unlike what the OP states, of the cults in existence, not by a long shot.

I think that number 5 is critical here. The rest is a hodge-podge of old beliefs.

Number 5 tells people they can do everything they can "project".
They just have to "will" it.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by headlightone

You describe it very well, I can see you have suffered worse attacks than me. Do you ever see them? What do they look like? Have you ever been in a cult or connected to one? Is that why you set this thread up?

Anyway I am determined to stop these attacks, if that means turning into some astral attacker,personal defender, warrior or what ever you wish to call it then I will. I can no longer just sit back and take it, and I whont.

Is it my fault I am in this position? I dont know but it is my position and I must face it head on. Astral shields do not work with this set of astrals as you are most probably aware headlightone.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by headlightone

Cindy?

I do not disagree with you at all. I just stay energetically sheilded and if I am not then its on me. I try never to place blame outside of myself. The weak can succumb and will be attacked no doubt.

I had an astral attack not to long ago and I was not in my protected state.
A small brown pig started sucking energy from my hand and would not release, I started hitting it very hard until it released and I woke up.

I was thinking about this just last night and I came to the conclusion that astral attacks bring me into astral awareness because I do become aware and wake up. Now when I am protecting myself this does not happen.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

The power of will is strong.... If you set your mind to something, there's not much you cannot do. Look at history, take Hitler for example. He was really just another Joe schmole who people looked upon with disdain until he came to power. How did he come to power? Pure will. I know that that is a negative example, but it is an example, nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I do not disagree with you at all. I just stay energetically sheilded and if I am not then its on me. I try never to place blame outside of myself. The weak can succumb and will be attacked no doubt.

Never blame others - the not-doing of self pity.

Poor piggy

I used to be attacked by dogs or lions, even wasps or bees (common denominator: honey-yellow color, color of the Naugal - free energy).
But as I acquired experience and knowledge, though I still dream those, and pretend that I am "supposed" to be afraid, they never attack me. They are staying away from me.
Even in real life in dangerous situations I pass as if I was invisible. Just stay concentrated. Is that the kind of energetic shield you are talking about?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I think that number 5 is critical here. The rest is a hodge-podge of old beliefs.

The power of thought is a very powerful tool. Many cults work on this idea. They tell the followers to project using their will, energy and intent and almost everytime it manifests. I believe we are able to use our minds to will things to happen and also manifest that which could not have formed without the power of our wilful intent.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Honestly,Danger, all of this is way beyond the scope of this thread. I just wanted to point out that the OP made a faulty assertion. The statistics speak for itself and the statistics are, abhorrently, in contradiction of the OP in the original post. Case closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join