It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know why the pyramids were built

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
iv heard a number of end of the word theries for 2012 but the pirimids has to be the most thought of... i meen maby it was just built that way jus so that it wont collapse... but what if there is somthing in it.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Some of the Edgar Cayce psychic readings suggest the pyramid was meant to be a marker created by advanced humans long before a cataclysm. Supposedly it is a time line made in stone meant to show the path of evolutionary ascension. The reason there is an empty sarcaophagus at the end of the pyramid, is meant to illustrate that death will be conquered and a new age of enlightenment will follow. This ties in with the dates in 2012.

Interesting to digest as Cayce was very accurate with many of his readings.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

I heard that the Sphinx is 9,000 years old.
The pyramids are only 5,000 years old.
It used to be a huge lion in the desert.
If you stand back, you can see that the Pharoah head
is too small compared to the large lion body.
The Atlantians built the lion 9,000 years ago when the ocean level
was 350 feet lower than it is today.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It could be that the Egyptians worshiped the sun.

That sounds so simple, but it is profound in that most people today do not really understand what that means. People today see the sun as a big ball of gas and not a conscious divine being. It is a leap of spiritual understanding that most people devoted to a more monotheistic path that denies the animistic leanings as invalid will never be able to grasp?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
It could be that the Egyptians worshiped the sun.

That sounds so simple, but it is profound in that most people today do not really understand what that means. People today see the sun as a big ball of gas and not a conscious divine being. It is a leap of spiritual understanding that most people devoted to a more monotheistic path that denies the animistic leanings as invalid will never be able to grasp?

Well, yeah. They had their sun-god, Ra.

The reason they worshipped the sun is probably the same as with most primitive cultures: they didn't have any scientific means to study the universe, so they created these myths. It seems like most of these God-beings are archetypes and represent some different parts of nature.
Sun is the life-giver, so the vital power might have been the reason they celebrated it.

It seems that the pyramids are one of the first shapes any civilization ever built. Maybe it's instinct.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
What I keep reading about how we couldn't build a pyramid to these specs today,why would you want to?It's quite obvious that we can build one with better accuracy,and with or without stone,pretty easy design actually,think people put too much mystery into them,it's obviously a marker of sorts,from who I don't know

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
OK, this is not directly about pyramids, but after reading this thread something popped into my head from when I was a kid... Chocky's Challange.

I found a clip where the built they device, not a pyramid, but a tetrahedron, that harnesses cosmic energy.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
You saying they measured in inches back then? Time traveler with a ruler perhaps. This in reference to the original post.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Forget aliens building the pyramids ... simply consider the possibility that the ancient Egyptians had the knowledge and materials to produce synthetic limestone blocks that were basically indistinguishable from naturally occuring limestone. A skill that became lost over the millenia.

So no aliens ... no magic ... no thousands of sweating slaves toiling away day after day for 20 years ... no mystery at all, just simple chemistry and know how. Today we do the same thing using concrete.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I really Think to KnoWhy Tha Pyramidezz ARE built !!!
And it'zz not difficulTo know tha logic about it!!
Offcourse it'zz abouTha SunGodzz and Uzz! But why? I'm gonna tell ya
@ tha first day of tha SunGodzz by ZoiinG&Mr NiKs with Zappradio @ www.zapstream.nl...
WhATime? Wait for Tha Signal.
SunGodzz, Galactic Alignment, NWO, UFO Disclosure, Area 51, Our Ancestorzz, NIBIRU,
Indigo childeren, Aquariuzz, Tha Pyramidzz
Mucho Grtzz, ACESPACEINVADER ZoiinG
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 24-12-2009 by ACESPACEINVADER]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
on the history channel they said that they predicted 9/11 as the end of the world :O

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
Possibly of interest-- There's a 2012 lecturer who argues the existence of massive spaceships that travel great distances by entering sunspots which work as portals which work as psuedo-blackholes. I forget his name but his lectures are worth watching for a little mind-blowing.

Not sure if this has been answered because I am flitting,

But the man in question is called Nassim Haramein.His lectures are very well presented and thought out. I encourage anyone to spend a couple of hours listening intently to what he has to say.

The one thing I like about this lecturer is the way he incorporates science and fact into his lectures.

This video is extremely interesting and again I urge all to view.

Google Video Link

As regards to the pyramids I have been hooked on them for over 20 years. Erik von Daniken wrote a great book called Chariot of the Gods its worth a read. IMO.

Great thread * + flag

Watching a few Nassim videos, now - I would recommend just searching "Nassim Haramein Pyramids" and watching the 4x10m video series that pops up (you may lose a few folks, linking a 4-hour vid is all)

Awesome stuff.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
well,,my#'s are 4'4'4'4,x2,,LL

this is from time table astro math from the hopi indians which means that they are just here for now.

Im still trying to fugure it out..

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
In summary...

- The grand pyramid of Giza is comprised of 2,300,000 stones with an average weight of 2.5 Tons. It stands 481' tall and the base is 13 sq/acres. Satellite/survey images show that the apex (tip) is 1/4" off the center of the base.

- Historians want you to believe they were built in 20yrs by 100,000 men (farmers) - this would require a block being put on place every 3 minutes, night and day for the duration.

- And, the stones came from Aswan quary (1,000km away) - a logistical nightmare, considering no pulleys, and even if wheel, not enough trees/logs to serve as tooling within hundreds of miles.

- They also claim that they were built as tombs for Pharoahs. Yet, no mummies or human remains EVER were extracted from a pyramid. Ever. And carbon dating (only of coral from other pyramids that became submerged under water) shows them to be 10,000+ yrs old, not 4,500!

- And, as many hieroglyphs that exist from that culture - they recorded EVERYthing - not. One. Word... about the construction of the pyramids.

So.... where are we, now?

[edit on 12/29/2009 by SquirrelNutz]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join