It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know why the pyramids were built

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Weird, two identical threads from the same op...?

Anyway I'll post here what I posted in the other thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What about the Pyramid of the Moon in Teotihuacan, Mexico?

The Pyramid of the Moon is the second largest building in Teotihuacan after the Pyramid of the Sun. The Pyramid of the Moon is located in the northern part of Teotihuacan and it mimics the contours of Cerro Gordo. Some have called it Tenan which in Nahuatl means "mother or protective stone." The Pyramid of the Moon covers a structure older than the Pyramid of the Sun which existed prior to 200 A. D.

What's interesting is the position of this pyramid:

Positioned at the end of the Avenue of the Dead, which was the main axis of the city. Quite the prominent spot if you ask me.

The Pyramid of the Moon, at the northern end of the Street of the Dead, was probably completed around 250 A.D. Recent excavations near the base of the pyramid staircase have uncovered the tomb of a male skeleton with numerous grave goods of obsidian and greenstone, as well as sacrificial animals. One of the most significant tombs yet discovered at Teotihuacan, it might indicate that even more important tombs lie buried at the heart of the pyramid.

It would appear the Mexicans held the moon with high regard as well.
Should we take that as some sort of warning about the moon?

archaeology.asu.edu...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.metmuseum.org...

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
In addition to being a symbol to commemorate the completion of a great task and the architectural plans for the world, it is a time machine.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by huckfinn]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

The pyramid of the moon had nothing to do with the moon itself. It was instead meant to replicate the cerro gordo (fat mountain) to the north.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

If your interested in the Pyramids go here,great stuff.Amazing whats writen into these Great Pyramid, like how long it takes for the Milky Way to turn once!How the Hell did the ancient Eygytians know that without outside help.

sonic.net...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Moreonethananyone

Great link Moreonethananyone
Thank you for that.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I read about Teotithucan in a Don Miguel Ruis book. I think it meant "where man becomes god" when translated. Correct me if I am wrong.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Moreonethananyone

Like I said above the Pyramid is a time machine. It doesn't take you anywhere it tells you what is the Time, we are already moving through Time.

Knowing how long it takes the Sun to orbit the Milky Way just takes patience it doesn't require outside help. If you know that the moon is orbiting the Earth and the Earth the Sun, it is only logical that the Sun too must be orbiting something and for that matter the Milky Way is probably in orbit around something.

After the Year, it seems that we just stopped caring and came up with decades, centuries and millenium, which are arbitrary measurements and don't really mean anything. While this other measure is organic an provides greater precision when determining what's about to happen next.

I bet one could make a pretty good living producing clocks that showed this type of time.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
The pyramids aren't Time Machines

Nor are they built by Aliens]

Nor are there Starships traveling through Sunspots

Sun worship has always been around

There could be some actual meaning to the Orion factor, but if there is it's stellar phenomena they observed not Aliens

I never saw the great Mystery of the Pyramids, people have developed the math and system of balance points to pull these feats off in Modern times, Coral castle in Florida is the perfect example

It's just Math, some system of balance points that allows for the movement of big stones and some method of cutting them

Nothing more

People make a Huge deal out of the pyramid and the Math involved

But I just don't see whats so Amazing

People had nothing to do... no TV, no computers

They had Math and Astronomy and Psychology and Religion

There is nothing very surprising that with Tens of Thousands of forms of mathematics out there, some people figured out some simple Math tricks we haven't commonly discovered yet

LOL what did you do at night in ancient Egypt if you lacked a Lover?

Counted nothing and looked at the stars and wondered about Gods and beings and if you were alone...

That there is a simple formula out there to determine the balance points of large stones... I have no doubt

It's the method of rapidly cutting them employed again most recently by the man who built coral castle that I find more difficult to fathom...

I know that given speed and motion very frail things like water can blast straight through rock, there are ways, I am sure, so simple they are over looked...

What parts stone from itself with ease... that's the big question here... acoustics, vibration? Very hard to say

When it becomes public knowledge though, I'd bet my income that... it's extraordinarily SIMPLE whatever it is.

I you want answers

They lay within Coral Castle... a Man did it, a very bright man, with very few tools, there was a method involved and it wasn't Aliens working with him...

He had some very simple devices... Nothing more

nothing more than the answer to how it was done that is...

Why Jump to aliens and time portals when A guy from Florida could pull it off this century?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
Possibly of interest-- There's a 2012 lecturer who argues the existence of massive spaceships that travel great distances by entering sunspots which work as portals which work as psuedo-blackholes. I forget his name but his lectures are worth watching for a little mind-blowing.

Not sure if this has been answered because I am flitting,

But the man in question is called Nassim Haramein.His lectures are very well presented and thought out. I encourage anyone to spend a couple of hours listening intently to what he has to say.

The one thing I like about this lecturer is the way he incorporates science and fact into his lectures.

This video is extremely interesting and again I urge all to view.

Google Video Link

As regards to the pyramids I have been hooked on them for over 20 years. Erik von Daniken wrote a great book called Chariot of the Gods its worth a read. IMO.

Great thread * + flag

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

You are already traveling through time and the Pyramid does tell you what time it is; thus it is a time machine in addition to many other things.

If you think it is not a time machine...tell me what you THINK a time machine is? I really think you should put more thought into it before you go blurting out what you think you know.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by huckfinn

You are already traveling through time and the Pyramid does tell you what time it is; thus it is a time machine in addition to many other things.

If you think it is not a time machine...tell me what you THINK a time machine is? I really think you should put more thought into it before you go blurting out what you think you know.

I'm pretty sure that when someone refrences a "time machine" most, if not all with assume that we are talking about a device that can render you forwards and backwards in time, in the physical. Not a device built to track time.

About the pyramid though, I am always facinated to hear what people think and speculate as to there origin and/or purpose. However, I simply can not look past the lack of any tangable fact(s) to support any such claims of extra ordinary measures save for hard labor and a great understanding of mathamatics.

It's a given the people who created them were facinated about math, the stars and grandure, but I fail to see any real connection(s) to anything beyond that. I can say I would be thrilled if someday we could factually link these to something other than the simple, logical and most likely explaination(s). I just do not see it happening.

Having said that, I do believe there are obviously forms of construction we are lacking in that would explain how they were built. I'm just not ready to give up on a simple explaination and jump to aliens or magic.

link   
dp...

[edit on 4-3-2009 by HomeBrew]

link   
tp... :/

[edit on 4-3-2009 by HomeBrew]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
wow I had no idea that the ancient egyptians used inches as a form of measurement.

second line...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Or maybe ancient egyptians spent all there generations preparing for a event they "had faith" in and it NEVER happened.....Sorta like some other generations in present time......Just a thought

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
wow I had no idea that the ancient egyptians used inches as a form of measurement.

second line...

Lots of links have been provided. They give a ton of information.
Depending on what it is that you disbelieve, you owe it yourself to read the info.
en.wikipedia.org...

This monument was built to stand out and survive the ages. There is far to much precision in its dimensions. Again I will say please read the material.

I never thought much about the Pyramids before I knew about their properties.

Dont listen to people who nay say without investigating first.

The best and clearest evidence is found on Egyptian ceremonial rulers where it is carved in stone and where even those not fluent in reading hieroglyphic writing can observe the mh or foot cubit glyph spanning 15 fingers (3 hands) and 16 fingers (four palms = 300 mm).

The ceremonial ruler identifies the foot cubit mh placed across 15 and 16 fingers allowing a foot to be measured in palms or hands the remen has the nibw glyph above 20 fingers.

5 palms = 1 remen = 375 mm

The Romans, whose uncia became the English inch, made their remen 15" or 381 mm. The Egyptian inch was the basis for the Romans' Uncia and English inch.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by foremanator]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Evidence that the Great Pyramid was built to tell us something: a message to humanity, that message being that the AGE of LEO was when the first great deluge hit. The message is encoded in the math and geometry of it's structure, as well as the astronomical evidence in connection thereto. Briefly, the 3 pyramids of Giza are aligned perfectly to match the three stars in the belt of Orion. AND, there is an observatory built into the great pyramid that points directly to the belt of Orion, both 10,500 BC, and 2012 AD. (Is that spooky or what?)
kingofthejunglellc.com...

An interesting fact about the Great Pyramid: From corner to corner following along its base, each side is actually constructed in a curved line. the real angle of the curve, if extended, would draw a circle the exact size of the circumference of the Earth.
www.geocities.com...

[edit on 4-3-2009 by foremanator]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

I am sorry that a time machine doesn't conform to your expectations as inspired by Hollywood, but I am pretty sure that the person who built the Pyramid used it to manage the world he'd built and to teach his Son its structure and mechanics or did humans just recently begin to act with purpose or do we still do things because we have nothing else to do. It really seems that if one were to actually look at Giza they would see that it is more than you think.

I wonder how long it took before archeologists figured out that all those funny pictures they drew on the walls was a language?

Here goes a neat trick...Acquire an Image of Giza and fold it along the NW/SE axis of the middle pyramid...What happens? More hints pertaining to the structure.

You can find out for yourself if you have free time...

[edit on 4-3-2009 by huckfinn]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by universe attracts wisdom
Also pyramids have five points

four at ground level and one one top.

Like the human body four limbs and a head
Or four fingers and a thumb.

Pyramid = 5
Humanity = 5

Five races involved. We are the fifth race. of some group or some level of status, but it comes to five. This is what I'm being shown.

Where did you get this info from? have you been watching sg1 or am i missing something?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomeBrew

Originally posted by huckfinn

However, I simply can not look past the lack of any tangable fact(s) to support any such claims of extra ordinary measures save for hard labor and a great understanding of mathamatics.

It's a given the people who created them were facinated about math, the stars and grandure, but I fail to see any real connection(s) to anything beyond that. I can say I would be thrilled if someday we could factually link these to something other than the simple, logical and most likely explaination(s). I just do not see it happening.

Having said that, I do believe there are obviously forms of construction we are lacking in that would explain how they were built. I'm just not ready to give up on a simple explaination and jump to aliens or magic.

Isn' the term "Magic" usually used by the uninitiated/primitive to explain away a phenomenon that is too advanced for them to comprehend?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join