It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Vaccine Against Bird Flu Within Reach: New Discovery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

How do humans catch bird flu?

Bird flu was thought only to infect birds until the first human cases were seen in Hong Kong in 1997.

How many people have been affected?

As of January 2008, the World Health Organization (WHO) had confirmed 348 cases of H5N1 in humans in Azerbaijan, Cambodia, China, Djibouti, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Myanmar, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand, Turkey and Vietnam, leading to 216 deaths.

But it can't yet be passed from person to person?

For the most part, humans have contracted the virus following very close contact with sick birds.

There may have been examples of human-to-human transmission, but so far not in the form which could fuel a pandemic.

A case in Thailand indicated the probable transmission of the virus from a girl who had the disease to her mother, who also died.

The girl's aunt, who was also infected, survived the virus.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 3-3-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
"Is deregulation the answer? Do we really want Big Pharma pushing untested or improperly tested drugs?"

No - not at all. Though, either way it should be our choice to have the vaccine or not.

I had done some research and found that there are five vaccines you should never get:

1. HPV Vaccine
  2. Shingles - Zostavax Vaccine
  3. Influenza Vaccine
  4. Whooping Cough Vaccine
  5. ProQuad (Measles, Mumps, Rubella, and Chicken Pox) Vaccine

I found this information on: DouglassReport

I have not trusted vaccines since I was young. After a nasty case of the flu caused from the vaccine - I vowed to only get the vaccines I was required to have for jobs and school. So when I was required to get my Tetanus shot for work I was absolutely peaved! The woman who administered the shot didn't tell me until after she gave me the shot, "Since there has been a large outbreak of whooping cough we added the vaccine to Tetanus shots now."

I didn't want a whooping cough vaccine, but she gave it to me out of precaution and without telling me! I do not trust Big Pharma or any company who says "your life is our best interest" - it doesn't exactly mean for the better...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'm getting the HPV and meningitis vaccines as soon as I can afford them! And if the bird flu vaccine comes out, I'll be one of the first lined up and I will let yall know if I die or not.

*volunteers*

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
I'm getting the HPV and meningitis vaccines as soon as I can afford them! And if the bird flu vaccine comes out, I'll be one of the first lined up and I will let yall know if I die or not.

Okay. But it's probably not a choice you are free to make.

Seems like the right to choose is being taken away under some "pandemic Plans."

The Quarantine Solution

The existing public health act, last amended in 2002 to prepare for possible bioterrorist attacks, already lets the province quarantine individuals, force them to undergo medical treatment, or be immunized.

Do you know the legislation in your state and country? Can you be forced to take improperly tested medications and vaccines?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join