It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck Mentions FEMA Camps on Fox & Friends!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Glenn Beck Mentions FEMA Camps on Fox & Friends!

www.infowars.com

Continuing his assigned role as corporate media siren of the apocalypse, Glenn Beck interrupted a discussion on Russia and Iran last night on Fox & Friends to mention a heretofore no-no for national television — FEMA camps. At two minutes into the video below, Beck declares he attempted to “debunk these FEMAS camps” because he is “tired of hearing about them,” but was unable to do so. “We now for several days have done research on them… I can’t debunk them.” Beck follows this with a declaration that the United States may be headed for totalitarianism.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Uh-oh...Is the truth FINALLY starting to trickle out here?

I must say, I was not a big fan of Beck's in the past, but he is starting to grow on me in recent times, if nothing else for the fact that he is talking about things that no other corpo shill seems to be touching with a ten foot pole...

I can only speculate that his handlers are ALLOWING him to leak this stuff out, but the question is, why now? In the past, this stuff was the subject of absolute ridicule, painting anyone talking about it as "nutjobs"...Things seem to be taking a dramatic turn recently...

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
All this FEMA camp talk is very creepy to me! It is one of those things you hear about and get a sick feeling in your stomach and put it out of your mind. I hope they never come to pass.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I am willing to bet that Mr. Beck won't be working for Fox News for much longer. I'd give him another month if he's lucky. Good job for him, hes finally waking up it seems.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I found it strange how after the break the Guy asked if the Cali-prison problem is related to the "FEMA trailers"
Then Beck corrected him by saying camps.
Likely, an innocent mistake but some people tend to read into those things more than others.
edit- @ 1:
I rewatched this and this video IS a total confrontation between these pansies.
3:18- "we don't usually get that opinion"-
3:50- "You're plopatyptic...ahhh.. I can't even say it"

"-He's APOCALYPTIC too." _Totally correcting her.

4:20-"What's that have to do with FEMA? Immigration- that's an "IIIIII" word."--either the dumbest thing I've heard in a while or a blatent cue to Beck to shut up.

That morning show is awful.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Moonsouljah]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It's interesting to hear him talk about this. When does his show about it air? Did it air last night, or is it tonight? Hopefully somebody can provide a FOX video link/YouTube link in this thread.

[edit on 3/3/2009 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

I don't know about that. A few things to consider-
1. People are craving answers or rather light to be shed on the current uncertainties- desperation- this is when messiahs and saviors and regimes step in with solutions usually including their rule.
2. Beck is spearheading this new-wave of conservatism of Fox that is merely pandering to the broad discontents of anti-Dems- whether they be Reps, or Libertarians, or Independents, etc.
3. It surprises me at least how close these media "Outlets" can get to real issues yet only scratch the surface leaving the issue untouched.
4. I think the major networks have assumed particular roles in the new media landscape that includes (perhaps a temporary) infusion of unrestrained online access to information. ---I've heard so much talk about Glenn Beck like "wait and see if Beck covers this--then its true for sure. So he's shaping to be this affirmer or disconfirmer of online conspiratorial dialogue (like ATS).
CNN and MSNBC on the other hand have chosen or been chosen to pander to the broader complacent majority. these networks have become Obama love-fests and simply seem interested in packaging the Democrat's actions as awesome and hip and totally cool.

I've said this b4 but Obama sells to younger people bcus the Black image(but not too black) sells. Sprite discovered this in the 90s and more and more ads feature black narration, etc. ---Case in Point--CNN's main anchors--more and more people of color. Not to say these anchors better represent the audience as American minorities have been greatly under-represented in the past.
In the end, Beck won't lose his job.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

Its too late they already have them...

"put it out of your mind"...????

why on earth would you ever consider that an option..???

Spiked as googles number one search...

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=442245

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Very interesting clip, indeed.
Beck in recent weeks has become an alarm bell ringing loudly in the America and abroad. I'm not a Fox news watcher and have always in the past choose to take their slant on events and news with a grain of salt. But lately i can not ignore Beck, he's giving us more info on things he would not have normally talked about under the Bush regime. He can not debunk Fema camps and seems overly concerned that we are headed to (not in as many words) civil unrest in the US. Beck is a flag i'll be watching.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This is more of mainstream media trying to co-opt what Alex Jones and others have been saying for years. Now that people have the ability to do their own research on the internet, mainstream shills are losing ratings and the trust of studious people. They are trying to counter this by jumping on the bandwagon. This is either for ratings, or worse, a warning that it is coming to a head.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

On the contrary, I would say that Mr. Beck might be getting himself in some hot water soon. Fox News probably lured Beck away from CNN by telling him he would finally have a chance to break free from such a "liberal" News Network and have a no-holds-barred show in which he can give his full opinion without worry. Thats how they got him to sign the contract. But I guarantee you that Mr. Beck is rather trusting in the Fox empire in that there will be no censorship. THERE IS ALWAYS CENSORSHIP-For example, to those of you who have seen "Outfoxed" you might recall the censorship of the journalists on the FDAs quick approval of Bovine Growth Hormone..and how Fox quickly made their jobs disappear.

Original post by Moonsouljah CNN and MSNBC on the other hand have chosen or been chosen to pander to the broader complacent majority. these networks have become Obama love-fests and simply seem interested in packaging the Democrat's actions as awesome and hip and totally cool.

During the Bush years, and as an avid Bush hater from day one 'til the end, I can assure you that MSNBC quickly decided they would be the Liberal News Network to corner in on that part of the Market-way before Obama. CNN is not Liberal, it is merely meaningless fluff. If the polls were to warrant it-they would turn on Obama in a heartbeat. Thats what CNN does these days.

The thing about Glenn Beck is he believes everything he tells his audience and if you watch his show you can see he pretty much respects anyone, no matter what their view, who completely wholeheartedly believes every word they are saying. Do I agree with anything he thinks? No, not really. Not at all actually Some of his opinions are quite off-kilter. Some sound like talking points. But I will give the man credit for mentioning all he has in recent weeks-regardless of whether or not I believe it myself. Hes either going to hit a nerve and get silenced by the powers that be....or those superior to him truly find his rants too "fringe" for their taste, find them to be baseless, and he is told to tone it down or get out.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I don't watch much tv, and very little is news when I do watch, but Glen Beck has garnered my interest lately.

I'm not saying I agree with him on everything, I'm not even saying I like the guy, but I will give him credit for discussing things that others just don't have the balls to say in mainstream media.

It's refreshing to hear these topics discussed. It's also very refreshing to know that more people are not blind to the notion that our government might be working against us, not for us.

to Mr. Beck. I hope he keeps up the good work.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

3. It surprises me at least how close these media "Outlets" can get to real issues yet only scratch the surface leaving the issue untouched.
4. I think the major networks have assumed particular roles in the new media landscape that includes (perhaps a temporary) infusion of unrestrained online access to information. ---I've heard so much talk about Glenn Beck like "wait and see if Beck covers this--then its true for sure. So he's shaping to be this affirmer or disconfirmer of online conspiratorial dialogue (like ATS).

These are interesting points. I have often wondered who the "Gatekeepers of dissent" are and how they work. I think that Glenn Beck is a likely candidate, along with Noam Chomsky, Micheal Moore,etc.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Is this the same Glenn Beck that called 9/11 conspiracy theorists idiots?

OK, so he can't debunk the FEMA camps. So... the only plausible explanation is that there are FEMA camps and the conspiracy is so well planned and covered up, right?

Glenn Beck is one of those disingenuous talking heads who'd like to suppress dissent, laugh at and ridicule other people's freedom of speech exercises when the Government is headed by the party of his political affiliation; and will promote idiotic (in his own words) theories when the Government is headed by the other guys.

Excuse me for not giving a f%@# what Glenn Beck says, or even thinking of him as a noteworthy researcher of possible Government conspiracies.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by converge]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

OK, I used to HATE the guy!!!!!!

BUT NOW..................................................

I will only be watching him on the news!!

I will BE WATCHING TONIGHT!!!

WOW.................................... I am Blown away!!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I've heard lots of back and fourth about this subject on here and other sites.
It was always just "interesting" to discuss.As long as it was an underground discussion/conspiracy theory.

What now has my ears perked up,is that when it starts coming to light,and its discussed on a "news" network.the endgame fo the use of such facilities cant be that far off.

I usuaslly figured once things come to light,its already beggining to be to late.

to Glenn Beck for bring it to the forefront.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

That is an excellent point. Though they have gotten the most attention in recent months, those camps were in place before Obama-whatever they are for. Do we think Mr. Beck would be so interested if McCain had won?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Several things come to mind:

1) there no 'pointless' government expenses - they get what they want ALWAYS - so these camps, whatever they are for, are not debunkable.

2) we don't REALLY KNOW why they were built.

3) Mainstream Media feeds off of 'controversial' topics.

4) the FEMA reference is will-timed considering the discussion of 'illegal-immigrant-criminals'

What I would like to know is who owns the deed to these properties. That would tell us much.

S&F

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Just fired off these posts to ol' glenn himself....

here, infowars, federaljack....have all posted this subject ...beside the fact that a couple of hours ago it was the #1 search on google couldn't this be the break we have all strived for..??? ..if we all flood his email with the info we have available...he might have a better chance tonite...

[email protected]

Lynn112 has it right ...

"If you can't annoy somebody with what you write, I think there's little point in writing."
--Kingsley Amis--

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I was listening to Becks radio show today, and in the first half hour he said that he was on Fox this morning talking about these camps. He also stated that right now, he is on the fence as far as believing in it until he does more research into it. He said he has a team of people who will dig into everything they can find to get as much info as they can about it. That is why he said that he will not say one way or the other if it is all true or not.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join