It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tactics Used by Eco-Terrorists to Thwart Law Enforcement Operations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
www.indymedia.org.uk...
Wikileaks.org, has posted an article titled, "FBI: Tactics Used by Eco-Terrorists to Detect and Thwart Law Enforcement Operations, 15 Apr 2004," an appraisal of counterintelligence resources in our community.

The document studies the successful methods in which the Animal Liberation Front (ALF), Earth Liberation Front (ELF), Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty (SHAC), Earth First! and anarchist groups evade and/or thwart law enforcement methods to gather intelligence.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Good post. This COINTELPRO stuff sickens me. I have heard of many cases of these guys infiltrating many peaceful anti-war groups and 9-11 activist groups. Personally, I believe that most of the animal rights and "eco" groups out there have all been infiltrated, and for good reason. Arson, vandalism, and breaking and entering are crimes that should not be tolerated. These kind of tactics give law enforcement the ammunition it needs to convince the public that it is ok to peek in on any group that it deems as "subversive", and ,adding insult to relative ineffectiveness,they get nothing done to actually free animals or help institute meaningful environmental changes.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'm all for protecting animals and such, but a lot of these militant Animal Liberation groups are just insane and fanatic nuts with other agendas.

And sometimes their actions are doing more damage to the animals than good!

join