It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange land mark, google earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I noticed this weird land mark while messing about on google earth. It looks like a giant triangle with perfect angles. It's slightly west of Roswell.

here are the co-ordinates.
33'14'22.54"N
104'37'48.41"W

Hope these co-ordinates help
after the first number 33 you need the degrees icon after, same for the 2nd co-ordinate 104

Hope someone can explain this.
thanks.

[edit on 07/06/2008 by orby1976]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Just looked at your cords. I live about 70 miles west of Roswell. The airport to the east is the Roswell Municipal airport which was once the Army Base where the "Roswell Incident" took place. There's alot of cattle and oil all through this area. I go to Roswell 2-3 times a month being in such a rural area as I am and have been in that area numerous times. Next time(a week or two) I go,I'll make a point to check out this area. Looks interesting. With Holloman AFB and White Sands Missle Range to the east of me and all this vast space all around, there are alot of some strange happenings around here.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I thin k it might be some sort of aerial marker possibly. There's another one just south of the base-

33'07'44.83N
104'32'35.82W

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
33º14'22.54"N
104º37'48.41"W

here you go. To get the º you need to hold alt, then hit the combination 1 6 7 on your number pad (not the numbers above the letters) You can just copy it here if you're lazy

Edit: Just tried it with the symbol in G Earth, it didn't work. this did though
33 14.22' N, 104 37.48' W

Apparently, G Earth doesn't like REALLY accurate coords

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Sliick]

Second Edit: It looks like it's just an old set of airstrips that have become overgrown. There's two building pads, one on the side of the eastern diagonal and one to the southeast of the southeast corner. IMO I think they just moved it to the one to the southeast.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Sliick]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Thanks Sliick! Don't really put in longs and lats too often so I would have never figured that out.
Learn something new everyday!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Copy and paste this directly to google maps or google earth. Make sure Satellite view is on. It's right below the OPs triangle landmark

33.22204,-104.624938

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1e997cb62c78.jpg[/atsimg]

Nice find, arrow shaped, it's very interesting. I sometimes wonder what we'll find next with that tool...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Interesting photo. Anyone has any idea of what it may be? look really strange to me anyhow...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b06d3d7c7b24.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by teklordz

Bombing target from WWII. New Mexico is loaded with 'em.
bbs.keyhole.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks dude. I got my answer, wich is good, cuz often we don't get any, and i really appreciate you answering my question. It's nice to see people who know answers.

Any ohter places in the USA with those kinds of targets?

Cheers!

[edit on 3-3-2009 by teklordz]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by teklordz

Bombing target from WWII. New Mexico is loaded with 'em.
bbs.keyhole.com...

Thanks teklordz, that explains that one

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Does anyone think there is a spooky resemblance between the above and this?

flamaker.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by orby1976

nope, but you can find answers on a very good website that covers all the interesting craters of the moon

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Sure. We have to be accurate on our bomb placements on the moon too!

Teklordz, I was looking just south of Bingham, N.M. where White Sands Missle Range still do frequent bombing runs and I haven't noticed any of these targets. Were gouging out land targets a thing of the past? Thanks.

new topics

top topics

join