It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pirate radio 'puts lives at risk'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Isn't it amazing that every breach of conduct, social standard and law is a willful act to endanger the lives of innocent people?

I understand the need for trules and laws but some people dramatize and embellish the consequences of dissention.

Next we'll see increased penalties for Jaywalking as it endangers the psychogical health of law abiding drivers...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Isn't it amazing that every breach of conduct, social standard and law is a willful act to endanger the lives of innocent people?

I understand the need for trules and laws but some people dramatize and embellish the consequences of dissention.

Next we'll see increased penalties for Jaywalking as it endangers the psychogical health of law abiding drivers...

Yeah, i totally agree. Goverment reallly treat us all as either dumb or very docile innocent people... I like the word "dissention" in your reply. This probably is the worst fear our goverment has towards the general population!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
There was similar situation in Israel several years ago. Pirate radio stations indeed interfered in emergency and air traffic frequencies. So war on radio piracy was declared, few radio stations that government then did not like (majority of them were indeed junk) were raided and closed. Then war slowly died out.
There is still radio piracy, one of the reasons civilian Israeli air authority is downgraded to almost ground level by international air safety authority is radio piracy and nobody does anything. Laws exist of course but the zeal disappeared once "wrong" pirates were closed. And under another government their also reappeared and joined others by the way.
So potentially dangerous - it is. But at least from local experience it is done for political , not safety reasons.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
i have heard from my oldest boy that his friend is running a pirate station using one of those ipod fm transmitters you get for cars and has hooked it up to a small Ariel..he says it transmits over a few streets...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastermind77
But also governments often act like dictators especially the british, they are a moody bunch arent they. Ive been there and experienced it firsthand. England really needs an enema when it comes to the way they handle there citizens. I know they are an island and have more to worry about than other continental countries, but I still say America, England and australia as of the last 10 years have been showing signs of a inside enemy using law to force a nefarious political system that imprisons rather than frees its people into a fear of abuse by its so called enforcers.

I find that most criminal of all.

Your right the government is becoming so totalitarian over minor crimes and they do so little over the big ones. Yeh 10 years seems about right. That would coincide with when Labour came to power wouldn't it. What are the chances LOL. But yeah they should crack down on those who are jacking emergency service channels in order to broadcast but they should really lighten up on those who use empty channels and as several people have already said those are the majority. The main reason is probably because if you are unregistered you can say what you like. Oooh freedom of speech. Our government couldn't risk that. Who knows we could say something anti-government or shock-horror non-PC. But if they allowed a risk like that through it would undermine national security wouldn't it doh silly me. Ah well another rant over.

On a less serious note fatdad lets hope the police don't read this site or else your son could be arrested for putting lives at risk

And thanks for the praise teklordz.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This is actually old news in the sense that the FCC in the US has been saying the same BS for decades.
The truth is that pirates couldn't interfere as bad as commercial stations even if they tried. Most pirates want to keep a low profile so they run transmitters that have well filtered outputs to not cause harmful harmonics on the AIR and police bands.

Another thing, try and find one ONE case where anyone flying an aircraft complained of a pirate radio station causing problems with their communications that wasn't just some fake story someone made up. Bet you can't find one legit case. Now try and find where aircraft and police radio band complaints have been made because of local licensed high powered FM/TV stations causing problems.. I bet you will find many. So many in fact that half the FCC complaint reports are mostly those alone

Saying pirates "puts lives at risk" is just another way big brother can control our lives. Think about it, this is nothing but fear mongering to get the law to comply so that us little folk can't play with radio and play music to a tiny audience that enjoy our programming more then the crap on licensed outlets.
Heaven forbid a pirate radio operator like me (yes I am, google darklife radio show) play a few songs that may actually make people open their minds to non-msm music!!

There are many reasons why big bro wants radio to be for the few. For one the government makes tons of money from auctioning off spots on the broadcast dial. You read that right. If you want a spot on the dial and did manage to get a license from the ton of paperwork and the high amount of money to do so, you STILL need to bid on the channel spot against others who also want the spot. This means that the big companies that are less community orientated get first dibs over OUR radio dial.
Second, keeping broadcast radio a licensed operation means that the government can control its content. By doing so they also can say what music is played, you know the kind of music that people are suppost to pay for, not independent artest and the like.
I could go on and on of how the government profits off of this, but hopefully you guys understand now why when they say "put lives at risk" really means "we don't want freeloaders or anything not in our complete control so we can continue to give the people what us small rich few power hungry aholes want".
Everyone here always says using fear to control people is the worst kind of control right? Well case in point.

BTW pirate radio is good and alive. There are many people now in the US running part 15 complient radio stations, 25mw FM or 100mw AM. Only covering less than 1/4 mile but is completely legal

Ramsey Electronics sells tons of equipment to get started with micro-broadcasting the legal way.
As far as pirate illegal broadcasters who cover miles to hundreds of miles, 6925KHz shortwave is full of US pirates, many small low powered stations on FM and sometimes pirates on 1610-1710KHz AM band. Pirate radio is actually growing since buying transmitters and equipment is so easy and cheap with newer technology.
I suggest everyone do a google on this and learn some things.
You should also google "free radio forums" which is a message board I run. I won't post a direct link here since I don't know if that's allowed.

[edit on 3/3/2009 by darklife]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by darklife

Yes, i'll do that. I had a radio show on the net, and i'd be curious to see how i could set up, someday, a real radio station.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
this has been going on for years with all the illegal pirate Dance stations and especially with all the DNB stations including our own in Birmingham UK that were going around in the 90's.....

Every time they found a way to catch us we found a new way to hide a new one and keep the music going....

Long live pirate radio.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join