It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

post dissapeared

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
ok, i really dont know what happened or if im posting in the right spot. i replied to a new thread started yesterday. it was the ill give you 1000 dollars. i went to look for it today to review a link and its gone, said mod removed, and the ol 404 came up. could anyone tell me what happened? or why it was removed, as i am not sure if i did something or it was something dangerous to us members or the site. this guy had a few accusations and some info he seemed interested in getting out.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
disappearing posts happen quite a lot here
and having just noticed this, it is apparent there
are hooligans who come here and post wild stuff
either that, or they are coming from banned ip's
from some other event, maybe disgruntled former
members.....

i have clicked thread titles on the recent posts page
only to then see the 404 error page
and even while on a page of a new post/thread
and then refresh (F5) and presto! instant 404 page

oh the stories them mods must have hidden away from
us regular ATS sheeples (puns intended)

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
i kinda figured that, but why no explanation? and i want tomake sure i didnt do anything wrong too. maybe a u2u a note from a mod, or instead of the 404 a link to a generic page

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
oh, and thank you whoever put this in the right place. im at work and my minds on other things. im usually a little smarter than that. honestly

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I believe the thread you are referring to was called "I will give you $1000.00" about some folding image trick?

That thread was moved to the trash where you can't see it. The author requested it be removed, and I am sure this thread went against the ATS Terms And Conditions anyway.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
ok. i was interested in his book and said there was a link to it. is there any way you could post just the link? he was worried about something happening to him so im not surprised he asked it to be removed. did anyone else see the book he was referring to, and is it interesting, or a complete waste of my time? and is this member reputable? i.e. has anyone had a problem with him or issues surrounding his posts?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford

Here is a previous thread on the book.

Old World Secrets the Omega Project Codes

And here is an Amazon link to the book from the thread.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
from what i was told, the op wanted it removed. for what im not sure. ive only been here a short time but it seems like a very un-censored place to me. i could be wrong. i read a little into the other thread. is there an issue with the op, or anyone dislike the book?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Was the folding image trick the one where you get all these 9/11 references by folding an American dollar bill? I forgot which denomination (sp?)

Anyway, discussing naturopathic cures or herbs is explicitly forbidden, an extreme TOS violation on ATS courtesty of the FDA and DEA.

They want you to buy pharmaceuticals instead until your bank account runs out.

ATS is becoming another YouTube.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
Was the folding image trick the one where you get all these 9/11 references by folding an American dollar bill? I forgot which denomination (sp?)

Anyway, discussing naturopathic cures or herbs is explicitly forbidden, an extreme TOS violation on ATS courtesty of the FDA and DEA.

They want you to buy pharmaceuticals instead until your bank account runs out.

ATS is becoming another YouTube.

Do you know the crap storm that would fall on ATS if someone got a recipe for some form of medication off this site and he died from it?

I wouldn't want it discussed on a site I own either.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
it was a 20 dollar bill. and i guess thats why it was removed, for the links that were there? i didnt get a chance to see the link. i posted a reply and left work. didnt sign back on til later last nite and it was gone. but how bout my idea of letting people know why threads get dumped? mods? owners?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by universe attracts wisdom

The thing that bugs me about "hit and run" posts like these is the fact that it's a brand new account and yet the person feels he/she earned the right to talk about "what ATS has become"... Obviously you're an "old timer" (a year perhaps?), but you simply don't have the kahunas to post under your own profile. You criticise under "cloak and dagger". Grow a backbone, please. (BTW I wish the mods would enforce the policy of only 1 account per person more...)

It's been policy for as long as I've been lurking around here that staff do not discuss actions taken on members in public. And for the love of God I hope they never start. Imagine threads like "Hey everyone, Hal9000 got pinged a 1,000 points for cursing...", "Attention: We moved Springer's thread because it was in the wrong forum..."

There was a time when people who pissed of the royalties were sent to the stocks (i.e. a public display) and the rest of the town would throw rotten vegetables at them. But we've become a tad more civilized since then. Well, most of us.

Are you going to look for each and every possible gap to criticize ATS? Obviously you don't like it here, so why don't you bloody well leave... Oh, wait... Then there will be no whine for our cheese...

BTW, if the OP requested the thread to be trashed, why not take up your beef with him, instead of with ATS.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
wait a minute. im the one who asked. and if it was a hit and run i wouldnt have been watching all day to find out waht happened. and in case your just blind posting, i havent trashed anyone or ats. relax. all i asked for was if something gets removed why not instead of finding a 404 page, replace it with " op wished to have thread removed" or t$c violation. nothing vicious here. and if you cant discern a question from a bash that may be something you should fix. it may get you yelled at or in trouble someday. and are you implying that im another person? what the he*l is with that?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
or ami i reading into this wrong? im the op? are you adressing me? clarity? wha??

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
When a post is removed from the board for whatever reason, it generates an automatic u2u to the member that posted it.

It is sent from the moderators account to the member in question so the members knows who and why the post was removed. It also gives them a way to respond and ask questions. To leave the thread in place but deleted would cause far more confusion etc.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford

My reply was aimed at "universe attracts wisdom" as the "reply to..." indicates... Nothing wrong with your query.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
that clears that up. i guess i just really wondered if i got involved in something i shouldnt have. being kinda new, i dont know everyone and im still going thru the handbook a little at a time. also makes me a bit curious about people with 2 accounts and who can be trusted for giving credible links/info. seemed extremely strange that it was taken off so fast and that the op wanted it gone. why post if you dont want it out there?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
gotcha. but being the op of this thread... sorry.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by guinnessford
that clears that up. i guess i just really wondered if i got involved in something i shouldnt have. being kinda new, i dont know everyone and im still going thru the handbook a little at a time. also makes me a bit curious about people with 2 accounts and who can be trusted for giving credible links/info. seemed extremely strange that it was taken off so fast and that the op wanted it gone. why post if you dont want it out there?

I guess he didn't want to pay the $1000 after someone posted a pic of the $20 bill, so he asked for the thread to be removed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join