It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My grandmother has been dead for 5 minutes last saturday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Last Saturday my grandma died. She was dead for about 4 or 5 minutes. And i mean COMPLETELY dead, even the blood wasnt moving through the veins anymore. They succeeded in getting her back, maybe i should ask if she's seen something?

But she is in very bad condition now, there is a big possibility she dies for good in the next few days, and she doesnt remeber some of her kids anymore and stuff like that. Should i just ask or should i leave it alone? I am very curious

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It depends on how grandma is feeling. If she's all hooked up to tubes and in pain .. leave her alone. If she feels like talking .. let her talk. She may be afraid of death. She may be afraid of pain. She may not want to say anything of what she may have seen because lots of people of that generation don't believe in NDE or OBE. Don't forget .. not all NDE are good. Some people see hellish things.

Only you can answer your question of 'should I ask'.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
She indeed is on tubes and stuff,

Something that struck me was yesterday when she first started to talk again. She said she did not wanted to be here anymore, she wants to be death.

I dont know if she has seen something in those minutes but this feels like a big indication. I think its inappropriate to ask about these subjects at the moment, but damn id like to know

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It depends on how grandma is feeling. If she's all hooked up to tubes and in pain .. leave her alone. If she feels like talking .. let her talk. She may be afraid of death. She may be afraid of pain. She may not want to say anything of what she may have seen because lots of people of that generation don't believe in NDE or OBE. Don't forget .. not all NDE are good. Some people see hellish things.

Only you can answer your question of 'should I ask'.

Very well said.

I agree fully. If it was my grandma and she was hooked up to all kinds of tubes and was in pain I wouldnt find it appropriate to ask her questions like that. If she is awake and willing to talk and isnt hurting to much. I do not see the harm in asking though.

As FlyersFan said, really, this is a question that only YOU can answer.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You’ve questions to ask and the opportunity.
So ask.
If you’ve a moment alone with your Grandmother and she seems lucid, go for it.
Ask her even if she isn’t lucid.
It’s not going to hurt her if all you do is ask a question for heavens' sake.
She’s on her way out anyway from what you say, so, it doesn’t sound like you asking a question is going to push her over the edge.

If you don’t ask you’ll regret it for the rest of your life.

I’m sure your Grandmother wouldn’t want you to regret anything on account of her, Grandmothers are like that.

So ask away and claim peace when she passes on instead of pain and regret!

peace

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother and i hope she is not in pain.

I died when i was 4 years old....3 to 4 minutes my body stopped and i was reanimated (logically...
) but i couldn't tell you anything about how it felt. Maybe i forgot or maybe i unknowingly suppressed the experience because of me being only 4 years old.

But what i do remember was the moment before the lights went out. It is a memory which is still clear up till today (31 years old now). I was choking on some candy and after the panic of getting no oxygen and the struggle ,your vision goes dimmer and dimmer and that's the moment you realise that you are going to die.....

It felt like stepping into a warm bath. Absolute clearness of the mind. No worries, nothing just peace.....

I didn't have the feeling i wanted to go back but i do know i'm not affraid to die!! I can also understand that old people would wanna go back 'cause the strain of living all those years suddenly just disappears. And for the first time in your life you get a sence of rest you have never had before...

I hope you can enjoy the company and wisdom of your grandmother as long as possible...

Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I am so sorry for you.

I remeber when my Grandma died, she raised me from birth cause my mom was like 16. I hated seeing her hooked up to all those tubes. I would not try and ask her things like that I would just hold her hand and tell her you love her.

You'll either be giving her something to live for or make her passing easier but if your asking her what she saw when she died, well do you want that to be your last conversation with her?

I don't know what kinda relationship you have with her so I can not really comment though. For all I know she could be a regular ats poster and would want to tell you things like that but hooked up to the tubes and stuff a coma can set in any second and I would want my last convo to be about memories we had together and stuff like that. Treat every second with her like it will be your last so you have no regrets.

With all the drugs people are on when hooked to those machines there memories are not that credible anyway. Look up the side effects of morpine.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I am so sorry for you.

I remeber when my Grandma died, she raised me from birth cause my mom was like 16. I hated seeing her hooked up to all those tubes. I would not try and ask her things like that I would just hold her hand and tell her you love her.

You'll either be giving her something to live for or make her passing easier but if your asking her what she saw when she died, well do you want that to be your last conversation with her?

I don't know what kinda relationship you have with her so I can not really comment though. For all I know she could be a regular ats poster and would want to tell you things like that but hooked up to the tubes and stuff a coma can set in any second and I would want my last convo to be about memories we had together and stuff like that. Treat every second with her like it will be your last so you have no regrets.

With all the drugs people are on when hooked to those machines there memories are not that credible anyway. Look up the side effects of morpine.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I'm sorry that your grandmother is very ill. Another poster said it best, that it's your decision to make.

My grandmother died at age 89. She had fallen into a coma for days, and I was there there when she woke up. She seemed much more alive and alert than she had been. Her words were clear, and she knew where she was, and what was going on. She said she could hear us family talking when we were visiting her, but she couldn't see us. I took that opportunity to ask her if she had seen anyone ( deceased) or anything while she was in the coma. She said no. Her dementia seemed like it was totally gone. She and I talked for about 15 minutes and then she sunk back into a coma and died a couple of hours later.

I was hoping that she had seen something or someone as she lay there so close to death.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Clark W. Griswold]

top topics

join