It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the key 2 solving the global depression: space the final frontier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
With all these people out of work is now not not a good time to start building a giant space ship,moon bases and mars bases. and Detroit to start building flying cars magnetic levitation vehicles the center of the earth is giant magnet just have the cars repel off it. there is nothing left we have done it all except the final frontier. We can have the local pups packed again with hard working people coming off there shifts on building a huge space ship outside earths orbit a new fleet of space shuttle with over 20-30 ships and 5-10 super fast shuttles for mars and beyond. moon bases and start searching for another earth and investigate planet building building atmospheres suitable to sustainable us. start building fully autonomous robots to help us with the work like weilding in outer space.

This is it people this is the only way to save our economy and give people a renewed sense of pride and optimism.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by buildabetterfuture]

[edit on 3-3-2009 by buildabetterfuture]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by buildabetterfuture

If you truly believe this and want it you will have to do it yourself.

I cannot see any country taking a step like that right now, they are too busy working towards another motive that you can read about on other threads.

Too many people are cowering in fear of losing the homes they think they own etc.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by buildabetterfuture

OH, if only it could happen. Maybe a First International Space Corporation? Not just a couple of quirky rich guys getting short flights to experience weightlessness right?
But the begining of a whole infrastructure of a space fairing community yes? I think it would only take a few people with the right resources to bring private industries together from different countries, and utilize assets (people and tech) from existing space programs in the global comunity. It could be profitiable in say 10 years, and be the biggest business ever...
The profits...tourism would be a small percentage, and at the begining products produced in space would be novelty, there are many physical assets to be acquired from space travel, do we still believe there to be H3 on the moon? Minerals in the asteroid belt.

I wanna be a near earth orbit trash collector, with a recycling fracility on the moon!! It'll be sweet!!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
How about we deal with EARTH problems first?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Speaking of this; can we get all artificial intelligence and robotics research moved to the Moon or Mars, so that we don't all die Terminator or Matrix style?

Can we move all genetic engineering off the planet, so that we are not tampering with God's plan? These GM organisms DO pose a serious health risk and will develop new diseases, for which we have no science, yet.

Can we move all military and scientific experimentation on genetically modified "soldier" humans and animals, and particle accelerators off the surface, too, please?

I'm really sick and tired of those naive scientists risking MY life in the name of their fame. Irresponsible science is a BIG problem!

[edit on 3-3-2009 by organism315]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I totally agree that a giant space project can get economy out of this crisis. And it is not an empty project, it will eventually bring benefit.
compwiz32190:
As for dealing with problems down here - i am afraid that it is not going to happen. How can you force us to clean the mess we maid? No adults to tell us to clean our room. I am not kidding. We do not get it yet on society level, so it is the thing to do and it is more important and Earth is better for us then anything we can find in space but it is not going to happen just now. I hope that once we will find other "rocks" to exploit for resources then there might be a chance to start cleaning the mess.
However to quickly end reseccion giant project that can attract money and people is needed , not giant project that everyone will pass to each other like a hot potato.

top topics

join