It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US monitoring NKorea missile activity from Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

US monitoring NKorea missile activity from Japan

news.yahoo.com

MISAWA AIR BASE, Japan - The U.S. military is closely monitoring activities in North Korea from its bases in Japan ahead of the expected launch of a long-range missile that could be capable of striking U.S. territory, officials said Tuesday.

Analysts say satellite images reveal brisk activity at a launch pad in North Korea's northeast.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/3/2009 by FRIGHTENER]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Nothing to see here; or everything? Could North Korea be just as much of a looming threat to world stability as the wars in the middle east?

Do you think they hold a grudge against Japan from the early 1900's, when occupied by them? Or do they just hate the west and the U.S., and seek to touch-off WWIII?

Or is Kim Jong Il a power-hungry war-monger, who spends all his country's money & resources on military build-up, instead of feeding his own people? Or a little bit of all of the above, or something you would like to add?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
CIA - The World Factbook - Korea, North

Country Profile: North Korea

Truther's thread: U.S. 'to shoot down N Korean missile'

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Just the usual shenanigans from a rogue state, how dare they try to get what we have.

I hope I'm not off topic, but by saying we are 'monitoring' the situation from Japan and admitting to spying via sattelite, has N' Korea any rights to develop such weapons becuase their paranoia is justified?

For instance, if this was the other way round, and N'Korea said it was watching US missile sites from space, would every single american cry foul and say this is an act of war?

Back on topic, no I dont think a country as destitute as N Korea wants to start WWIII, I think there message has been lost in propaganda. Why would any poor country take such an insane step? Or is that exactly what the US wants, ala 'Team America' style??

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I dont even think N Korea COULD start WW3. They just dont have that many allies or precious resources to get half the world on their side to fight with them. Plus if they try to fight WW3 by themselves, their 6 or 7 nukes wont last very long.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BigC2012

Thanks for reply, Big C, Star!

No, you're not off topic at all, when you turn it around like that; I'm probably just too chicken to put it into words like that!

Yeah, I'll completely agree with you about Jong ILL NOT wanting to start WWIII...he just doesn't wanna be left out when it starts! Maybe knowing we'll intercept any launch attempt, he thinks he can garner some global attention, or sympathy, when we do!

Silly dictator!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

That's the concensus so far, prince, Star!

Yeah, real good description, but don't forget- he's a legend in his own mind!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Who knows what goes through his 'mind' Im of the opinion that 'team america' summed him up right LOL He does seem a crack pot but we simply dont know the half of it, I wonder what they thought of our imperial masters Bush and Blair??

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
When a country develops technology that 'threatens' another country or countries it opens-up the likelihood of negotiations. Through which they get considerations: trade deals, aid, whatever. NK knows that they could never build enough nukes to become a serious threat to the US. What would happen if this 'unstable Kim' had his boyz whip-up a few nukes, duct-taped them onto the top of a few of his rickety missile and lit them off? Well, so far, the missile thing hasn't gone so well for him. But for the sake of our discussion lets say that they all successfully hit the Western US. That would be an unspeakable tragedy.

And then, shortly afterwards, NK would become a footnote in history. China also knows this. And China knows that what would happen next cannot be allowed to happen. Millions of hungry, panicked, injured, sick and desperate North Koreans would flood into China. China couldn't handle that. It would cause a massive catastrophe for China.

So the bottom line is, NK is flexing. That's all. Don't mean nuthin'... not a thang.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BigC2012

Crack-pot for sure, and he just looks odd! lol
But he keeps his army marching around, displayed in formation for press coverage trying to maintain a strong military control projection!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

LMAO!
"Duct-tape nukes onto rickety missiles!!"

That was good, jtma, Star! You mention a very valid point about threatening tech...and ensuing negotiations, and China being concerned. And how we have no diplomatic relations with NK.

Also "flexing" , you're absolutely right. Why didn't I just phrase it that well?

top topics

join