It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opt-Out of the Bail Out!!! Declining the bank's credit!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
OK so here in the UK the total spending so far has been raised to 1.3trillion in order to bail out moronic financial institutions, instead of propping up the country in much more useful ways (see www.thefirstpost.co.uk... for what this money COULD have bought us).

So, as a taxpayer, or shareholder, in the Government I've decided it's high time that I opted out and sold my share of the bailout on. It's with this (rather more comical than serious) aim that I've begun to write a letter of rejection for my MP to consider.

I'd like some help in completing this letter from the forum, and anyone who would also like to send this message out. Figures are for the UK bailout but the principal is universal, so get your thinking cap's on and let's OPT OUT!!

"In light of the Government's recent application for credit to bail out failing banking and manufacturing institutions, due to the substantial losses and mismanagement of funds resulting in a failure to maintain liquidity, I regretfully inform you that said institutions have failed independent credit scoring requirements and will therefore not be eligible to receive my percentage of bailout offered by the government.

As a responsible lender it is my duty to decide where my money is best invested; something we're sure may need explaining further to you, if so feel free to call for clarification.

Having considered the risk's involved and assessing the credit score of the companies you have/have proposed to bail out on my behalf, I am unable to agree to the lending of my portion of the cash.

This is a decision based on a number of factors, including but not limited to:

Amounts Owed Already Too High
Length of Bad Credit History Too Long
The borrowers ability to repay the loan
Historical management of similar credit
Independence of the borrower
Insufficient evidence of the responsible use of current funds (See: Sir Fred Goodwin's 57,000GBP per month taxpayer funded PENSION as an example)

As a responsible lender to the government I am hereby revoking the use of my portion of shares and forthwith requesting delivery of my funds allocated
to be returned. Of the 1.3Trillion pledged by the government on behalf of the taxpayer (shareholder), my share, based on every living individual in the country.. every Man, Woman and Child, amounts to 213,114GBP, given the generous round up of population to 61m. Fund's are to be returned to my bank account. If this amount remains outstanding for a period greater than 28 days, interest will be added at very reasonable rate of 4%.

Failure to comply may result in the seizure of assets of the same value. If this amount remains outstanding for a period greater than 28 days recovery will commence.

Best regards

Your Constituent"

SO, who's with me? Feel free to rip the letter apart, I literally typed it out just now so I'm looking forward to some interesting additions.

Let's decline the banks... oh the irony

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Pr0t0]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
That letter was hilarious and definitely brightend my day - thanks!

I was discussing with someone the other day how it must feel to be told that you're bailing out a bank and then to receive a letter from that bank telling you they'll be taking your home due to late payments. What about the money you just lent them? Shame they can't apply that directly to your mortgage rather than kick you in the teeth as thanks for the huge loan you've just given them.

Edit to add:- I don't live in the UK anymore but if I did then I'd be sending your letter, and asking for a written reply within 10 days, just to see what they'd say. Wonder who would get the responsibility of writing a standard letter that we'd all get in response?

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Maya00a]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Funny indeed.
What would be even funnier, is if you sent it in and legally they had to comply because they forgot to close some loophole.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Thanks for the responses guys... it's a shame this died out, but not unexpected with the SHTF economically and politically seemingly left right and centre day after day.

I'll be sending this to my local MP this week, if anyone happens by this thread, feel free to comment or take parts of the letter to ridicule your own fascist state.

top topics

join