It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton pledges $900 million for rebuilding Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Hillary Clinton pledges $900 million for rebuilding Gaza

www.timesonline.co.uk

Hillary Clinton began her first visit to the Middle East as US Secretary of State today by warning that the region must press ahead towards a peace agreement.

She was speaking at Sharm el-Sheikh in Egypt, where donors are gathered to pledge billions for the reconstruction of the Gaza Strip.

"We cannot afford more setbacks or delays, or regrets about what might have been had different decisions been made," Mrs Clinton said. The United States would pledge $900 million (£638 million) to Gaza, she added.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Maybe I don't get it,
but today listening to the news it was reported that H.Clinton is the middle east promising to give the Palestinians 900 million dollars Oh brother! Now if that isn't enough to give a person a nosebleed.

I got to thinking how stupid are the American ppl when it comes to math, I don't know but maybe it's all that "new Math" that has warped ppl's minds... Our nation is falling apart at the seams. Ppl are losing their homes, their jobs, and have not insurance and many are homeless and hungry tonight... We are a nation of roughly 300 million ppl. The way I do math is simple.. if our government has all this money to throw at a terrorist country, and trillions to banks that seem to be going nowhere fast. and they really want some financial stimulus here at home, I got a plan...why don't they use the money where it could really do some good... give each person here in America three million dollars. 3millionX300million equal 900million.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
While I do agree with your post regarding the ignorance of pledging 900million to help rebuild the Gaze. I do have to question your math. 3million x 300million = 900,000,000,000,000 not 900mil. Unless my calculator is broken too.....

I don't understand what Hilary or the US Govt is attempting to do here. If this is a sign of good faith kind of thing it's somewhat half ass'd and imho given to the wrong people. Many nations view the Gaza (Hamas) as pure terrorist. How much of that 900 million do you think is actually going to go into reconstruction of the Gaza and how much do you think is going to go to help funding the Hamas?

God forbid we actually use our tax dollars to help out the citizens of the U.S. during these hard times. Lets help the rest of the world while we spiral farther towards the second great depression.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Hi,
your maths is a little bit off. It is $ 3 x $ 300 million = $ 900 million.
So everyone would get $ 3.

Still I agree with your point. The money should first be spent in America now when it is needed. $ 300 million would save a lot of small businesses and a lot of people would not be thrown out of their houses.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Hey there exfiler, good morning.

Sorry bud but I covered this very thing a week ago.

Here is the thread...www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
In the USA we have horrible schools ( since the fed got involved) crumbling bridges, etc, but once again, it is our (citizen) DUTY to give our hard earned money away? For what? Are we being represented ? I think if a poll was done on if the american people wanted to give up (whatever percent) of their paid taxes to other countries, Well, we would find out very quickly that we are not being represented.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by frivolouschick
In the USA we have horrible schools ( since the fed got involved) crumbling bridges, etc, but once again, it is our (citizen) DUTY to give our hard earned money away? For what? Are we being represented ? I think if a poll was done on if the american people wanted to give up (whatever percent) of their paid taxes to other countries, Well, we would find out very quickly that we are not being represented.

How true. This seems to me like tossing good money after bad. Time to let the Mideast figure out their own solutions...we have our own problems.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Maybe if the US didn't fund Israels war machine to the tune of 100 or 1000 times this amount then they wouldnt have to save face by rebuilding an area they helped destroy. Maybe you should ask questions about how much aid and military harware they get in this difficult economic time instead of this pitiful 900 mil.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Good old Hillary's getting around the world at the moment giving every country a bit of American Pie and it's Dollar filling. I wonder if she's going to come to the UK and give me some money as well.?
I hope she does before the Dollar runs out..

MBF

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'm totally against giving Gaza any money. They brought their problems on themselves. Let them worry about finding a way to feed themselves instead of finding ways to poke at Israel all the time. The same goes for other countries, I don't think we should be pouring our money into countries that hate our guts. KEEP THE MONEY AT HOME AND HELP OUR PEOPLE!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Why is it, that if Israel did the damage.
Other country's have to pay for it?
That really doesn't make that much sense to me.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Man. imagine what $900 million can do for US americans! ANd its our money being sent overseas to them. I mean, yah i feel abd and all what Israle did to them...but we have our own crissi right now..what about us? I knew Hillary was up to no good. I dont trust her as fas as ic an toss her.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
As mentioned, there is an already existing thread on this topic here.

Please contribute any further questions and/or comments to the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join