It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory on the Phoenix lights, whats your OP?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
OK guys first I'll admit my memory on this subject is a bit fuzzy. I have many books and P.C. files on this that I could reference to refresh my memory. With that being said, it is late and I am tired. Being that I am such a UFO buff there are instances like this one where I have drawn my conclusion and shelved the whole matter. I must admit though that my conclusions are never written in stone and my opinions often change on quite a few of my so called conclusions when I happen upon more information. Currently, in my mind, I have solved the Phoenix lights and pay no more attention to the matter. I would like to know what you think.

I was raised in a military family. What got me into UFOs was before I was born or when I was an infant my father's squadron chased a UFO (gold flat featureless silver dollar variety). As a result my father was very much so into the subject and as a result so his children became. Around 20 I had a rather profound UFO experience with an ex-girlfriend of mine (Large silent triangle variety) which solidified me as a UFO nut. At this moment in my Life it is my opinion that the triangle variety of UFO is earthy and military. I believe it could be a result of alien back engineering but earthly none the less. My experience with a triangle however had an unearthly, creepy like quality that leaves me and my current opinion of the matter a bit unresolved.

When I was first introduced to the Phoenix lights my first opinion was that they were without a doubt military flares (I have seen my share). Then my opinion flip flopped back and fourth when I heard various arguments against the flares. Later, I saw some trite television program that plotted the lights and proved that they were in fact flares falling behind a ridge in an area where testing and flares were occasionally a reality. Though I rarely take into account information presented on a "pop" television shows, It actually seemed solid.

With that being said, I believe the people of Phoenix were classically misdirected. Before the main spectacle of the phoenix incident (the flares) reports came in regarding a large triangular shaped craft. Whether it was an alien craft or a military test gone wrong, what is the easiest way to hide it? That right, misdirection. I believe that the flares were thrown up to divert the people of Phoenix away from the triangular shaped craft. Why not? When the crap hits the fan over flares call the whole incident flares. Which is what they were. Shear genius!

I apologize in advance if this is not a new theory. Like I said, I shelved this subject a long time ago. I recently deleted an unwatched show on the Phoenix lights off of my DVR. It made me think of the subject again. I would like to know what you think. Feel free to set me straight on any facts that my fuzzy memory may have gotten wrong.

Cheers!

~Hyp

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
If the "flares" were dropped why and how the hell were they dropped in the formation of a triangle, how do they light up in formation, where is the smoke and where are the planes that dropped them.

In order to drop flares in that formation the planes would need multipule different passes and would have been seen, the flares would need timers as they came on one after the other, they would need to be smokeless flares which dont exist.

Why and how would the military do this, if a real ufo was there (which it was) planes were scrambled and they went to defcon 3. Why wouldnt they drop a line of normal flares that would be obviously flares and everyone would say , ok maybe people were mistaking flares for a craft. Not what was filmed that is STRANGE and I dont care what idiots believe they aren't flares.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Flares were dropped to keep the population distracted?

Look up Frank Warrens threads.

Just my opinion so no doubt I am wrong?

:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wayback1984
If the "flares" were dropped why and how the hell were they dropped in the formation of a triangle, how do they light up in formation, where is the smoke and where are the planes that dropped them.

That's rather odd questions, considering it wasnt a triangle in any way, flares by default light up in formation, smoke could impossibly be seen at nighttime nor could planes.

My opinion is simple: the infamous video is flares, plain and simple. The work showing them dropping behind overlayed daytime footage of the mountain effectivly debunked it. The EARLIER sighting however, was not flares as it was an aircraft of some sorts. Alien? Military? Who knows. If it is a diversion as noted in the OP, it is indeed a brilliant one: people insist to this day that its a UFO in the video.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by merka]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

In order to drop flares in that formation the planes would need multipule different passes and would have been seen, the flares would need timers as they came on one after the other, they would need to be smokeless flares which dont exist.

Why and how would the military do this, if a real ufo was there (which it was) planes were scrambled and they went to defcon 3. Why wouldnt they drop a line of normal flares that would be obviously flares and everyone would say , ok maybe people were mistaking flares for a craft. Not what was filmed that is STRANGE and I dont care what idiots believe they aren't flares.

Originally posted by merka

My opinion is simple: the infamous video is flares, plain and simple. The work showing them dropping behind overlayed daytime footage of the mountain effectivly debunked it. The EARLIER sighting however, was not flares as it was an aircraft of some sorts. Alien? Military? Who knows. If it is a diversion as noted in the OP, it is indeed a brilliant one: people insist to this day that its a UFO in the video.

Blah ha ha, Merka you beat me to it. Just when I was in the middle of trying to find videos to post of flare drops and flares on parachutes you beat me to it.

Wayback you got lucky. I was not going to be so kind. Just because you made it to the first post does not mean you should comment on something you obviously know nothing about or have obviously not read thoroughly.
Google, it's your friend...

As to why? Say you have secret slow moving triangular shaped dirigible that is invisible to radar. For what ever reason this craft has to fly low to deploy its new secret weapon or apply it's new spying technique. City lights or enemy fire (in a war situation) illuminates the low fly craft making it visible to viewers on the ground. The military may wantto test a misdirection technique here on American soil to see if it is viable in the field.

You are now the SUPERSTAR of this thread. How does it feel to be on top?

Lol
~Hyp

[edit on 3-3-2009 by HypnoAsp]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
Flares were dropped to keep the population distracted?

Look up Frank Warrens threads.

Just my opinion so no doubt I am wrong?

:

Interesting idea. Thank you for your post. Here is a link for those who are curious concerning what Bob Down Under is referencing.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

~Hyp

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
My humble take on the "Pheonix Lights".

The earlier "sightings" report a vehicle a
mile wide. Multiple witnesses, zero pictures.

The "lights" themselves were filmed. And
proven to fall behind a known mountain
range.

Now, let's suppose the PTB had a vehicle fly
over Pheonix; by reason or accident (we'll
never know) and they realise that citizens may
have seen this craft.

What better way to cover it up, than by an im-
promptu flare drop a couple hours later ?

Media have been alerted by the earlier over-
flight, as have the population. Cameras are
eager to film anything unusual.

The "Pheonix Lights" video(s) could very easily
be explained as mis-information by the PTB, to
cover an earlier SNAFU.

Mull it over.

TW

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Thank you, I could not agree more. It's just to much of a coincidence in my opinion. I am wondering if you have any other insight on this issue (or anyone one else for that matter) You guys don't have to agree with me. I'd like to hear other opinions as well. Thanx for posting Two Worlds!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Sheesh, the trolls are now resulting to spamming the U2U system unbelievable. Here is a u2u I just rcvd concerning this thread. I may have been a tad harsh on the first response to this thread. I am sorry I have had it with trolls, ones who comment and do not read the post thoroughly or comment on something of which they have no prior knowledge. It has turned my favorite board into quite a chore. The funniest thing is he accuses me of being a troll. I've investigated this member a bit and this troll has never starred or flagged anyone's post, Ever. What is sad is he has posted about the Phoenix lights previously. I would have loved to hear from under different circumstances. Oh well, he wants to troll? He might as well do it in front of everyone.

title : LOL
sent: 4-3-2009 at 12:04 AM

Such a troll "With that being said, it is late and I am tired. "
yea ok why even include that in ur post, among other things..classic troll form mate well done cheers

Here is the kicker folks

Originally posted by atsbeliever
this picture was discussed here before, I suggest a search? I would send a link but Im too busy right now, but there you go. Shut this one down.

Original Post

Is it just me?

Mods I did not feel that this was off topic as it concerns this post and is a great example as to why I am becoming very frustrated concerning the caliber of the posters here. If it is an infraction. Please delete it and I apologize....

~Hyp

[edit on 4-3-2009 by HypnoAsp]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Yes, I've posted that many times. I feel the sighting before AND after the 'Phoenix Lights' were valid, and I think the flares in Phoenix proper were a diversion.

Consider...

No flares like that have ever been seen over Phoenix, not like that.
There were recorded sighting prior AND after the Phoenix lights, by people who had no idea what was going on in Phoenix.
The flares were dropped in a triangular pattern. Why? Why in clear view of the city?

This is one of a few very solid cases imo, that deserve a lot of attention. Unfortunately the flares served their purpose. Most people think that this is all there was.

It's a rather massive coincidence that MULTIPLE reports of a triangular craft were reported before AND after the Phoenix lights.. and hmm.. a triangular pattern of flares were dropped the same night.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Fleabit can you provide a link to your original thread. I would love to read it. If the information were replies to threads, need not bother I understand how tedious it might be to find them.

Thanks !

~Hyp

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
The flares were dropped in a triangular pattern. Why? Why in clear view of the city?

But where on earth do you get triangle pattern from? In every video I've seen its just an irregular string of lights. Maybe the earlier sighting was a triangle, but the infamous flare video can be just about any shape you want if you twist it at will. Maybe its a flat octagon or something...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The problem with the 8pm event (vs. the 10pm flares event), is that the witness descriptions vary a LOT in the size and attributes of the alleged craft... Of course, that's always the problem with relying solely on witness testimony...but the big question is, why isn't there film of the 8pm event? (other than a lone vid which is more likely the Maryland NG A-10s)...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You may very well be correct. However the odd thing about the whole happening is that something else was reported before and during the main event, which I am convinced were flares. Given the magnitude of the display I find it hard to believe that the military did not anticipate such a huge reaction. The drill ,maneuvers or what ever it is called could have been performed at dusk or used shorter timed flares without a parachute to create less of a spectacle. Wouldn't you want to use the cheap stuff for training anyway? Those were high dollar flares. I am sure of it. It was meant to be seen. Just my op.

~Hyp

[edit on 5-3-2009 by HypnoAsp]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Its too much for me I dont care what people say I have never seen flares like that the seem to turn on one by one. Say what you will but that is some weird ass flares if thats what they are (which i dont think is the case).

Is there any news from people (Symington) in regards to seeing both a craft and then the flares after all he knows the difference having serving on the air force. If someone credible says they saw a craft then the flares were dropped I may think differently but until thenI dont.

Plus why havent flares like that been filmed all over the world, its not exactly rare to drop flares is it.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Its too much for me I dont care what people say I have never seen flares like that the seem to turn on one by one. Say what you will but that is some weird ass flares if thats what they are (which i dont think is the case).

Is there any news from people (Symington) in regards to seeing both a craft and then the flares after all he knows the difference having serving on the air force. If someone credible says they saw a craft then the flares were dropped I may think differently but until thenI dont.

Plus why havent flares like that been filmed all over the world, its not exactly rare to drop flares is it.

Sigh, I am sorry that you have an aversion to google. Here ya go bud...

One by one......

Flare skydiving...

The debunking

Familiarize yourself withe the Phoenix Lights

Hope that helped a little....

~Hyp

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I posted a thread with a link that is in my opinion the explanation of the Phoenix Lights.

You can check it out by clicking the link provided.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
About the Phoenix flares.

Romanticism seems to be more effective in convincing people than fact.

Fact: I say that no one in Phoenix proper looked up and saw anything other than star-filled sky. Because the flares were dropped far away, the inhabitants had no idea of what was taking place beyond the hills so no one looked up for anything other than to appreciate a beautiful sky. Only some of the hillside residents opposite the mountain range became aware of the military exercise.

Fact: The famous night video that convinces everyone that they were seeing some form of a huge "alien spacecraft" lighting up over Phoenix was countered by a daylight video from the same location as the night video and both were synchronized electronically so that you could see each individual flare disappear behind a hill or mountain.

Fact: The military explanation of dropped flares is more convincing that some far-out tale of a huge "extraterrestrial alien craft" lighting up over Phoenix.

Fact: A good copy of the night video shows a human aircraft strobe in the distance below the flares.

Fact: The nightime video of the alleged triangle shows nothing more than a plane formation flying loosely as you can see the triangle does not have equal sides. Similar to the Hudson Valley planes; couldn't hold a formation and drifting occurred.

I'm editing this to include that after I posted my reply I scrolled up and saw that someone included the debunking video I mentioned. Thanks for that HypnoAsp.

reply to post by HypnoAsp

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Learhoag]

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Learhoag]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Adding this...

FACT: The duration of the flares in the videos never exceeds the burn time of the type of flares dropped.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkHorse

I posted a thread with a link that is in my opinion the explanation of the Phoenix Lights.

You can check it out by clicking the link provided.

Thank you Darkhorse I have never head of this. I spent a great deal of time on google absorbing this, very interesting. It very well could be, however, if I recall correctly the reports on the other craft were that of the classic silent triangle blah blah blah. I'm going to have to dive back into my Phoenix lights info...

~Hyp

top topics

<<   2 >>

join