It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Any One Hear The Sounds - Australia - VIC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Gday All

Im in the Eastern suburbs of victoria in Australia, and just before maybe at least at hour or so ago there was this loud whistling, whurring sound outside. I had a few friends call me up they said they could here it too. Sounded like in the movies a doomsday alarm but only half of that sound so just like a''wooooo....woooo''

We called the local police but they said they have had no reports of it, and heard nothing

Even my dad called who lives down the road to ask if we could hear it too. Any one locally hear this? I have a feeling it was just the heavy winds and its been quite since the wind slowed down so thats my likely thought. But after those msgs everone got yesterday warning of the high winds I guess i was a bit worried.

Any one else notice this?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Some guy in a previous post stated he could here the hum of PlanetX magnetic aura interfering with our own planets. Although maybe some kid down the road has a new sound system in his car?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I always hear the sound you describe but I live in the inner-city area and presume it comes from the docks, it goes on all night and every night so it's obviously something on ground.

I doubt that'd be what you're referring to though.

I always seem to hear rumbles in the sky though. Only at night, and it's a different rumble from when a plane is overhead.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
i also live in eastern subs (mooroolbark). Its pretty close to the raging fires and i know what you are talking about and it was the wind.

At first the wind whistling can be kinda freaky for people who havent heard / seen much strong winds but i have lived in many places that had very strong wind and whistling / howling...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
You're not near the fires are you?? Sorry, I'm not up on any of latest news regarding that..

Maybe it was a house alarm - i know they can be fairly loud some of those things...

Umm some people were saying that those fires were literally a deafening rouring sound - also i heard about strong winds down in vic this morning, so maybe it was the wind you were hearing..?

[edit on 3/3/09 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
im close but more in the suburbs so its safer, but still it was wierd as it sounded like an alarm like i said like a doomsday airsiren but it was like just the WOOO then WOOOOO in a whurlling way. It could be the wind but i looked out side and I could see black smoke in the night sky still it wasnt heaps but more then a fireplace would give off (plus a fire place in this heat? I doubt it).

Was wierd more like an alarm sound. Cops said they had no complaints, could be wind. But when they said they didnt even notice it that was odd cos every one did and we live near the station. Maybe its near an open road and being winds its less likely to make that dragging wind whurring type sound. Just wierd sound, sounded like a TV up loud at first it was very audible. But it is heavy winds.

Funny now all I can hear is sirens, hopefully this rain stops the fires!!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
where abouts are you right now currently it stopped raining maybe an hour ago

from where i am the bunyip fire and the kinglake/marysville fire are between 30 and 50 km away..

The wind has died down now and is only light..

sorry my bad still raining lightly, and the sky is still filled with smoke so now theres now stars to llok at.

bummer!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
well the winds been strong all day, are you sure that's not what you heard?

I'm not saying that you're wrong but the sound your describing sounds a lot like the wind.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by iced_blue]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
The wind was making an exact sound like that as i was walking home from school, it was pretty strong up here, i also got a face-full of dust

[edit on 3-3-2009 by spurri]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I dont want to give away my location but im eastern and not far from knox area. Just reckon it was wind but it was freakin loud and it was accompanied by what looked like smoke. But i personally lean more towards wind at this stage though but again ive heard winds but this was wierd thats all

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by spurri
The wind was making an exact sound like that as i was walking home from school, it was pretty strong up here, i also got a face-full of dust

[edit on 3-3-2009 by spurri]

lol the dust was annoying when i was walking home from work i had to cover my eyes almost all the way.

back to the topic:

it seriously just sounds like a strong wind pushing itself into a tight place and causing a whistling sound as you described...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Turbines from power plant?
Jet airplanes maneuvering in the distance?
"Silent" helicopter sounds like that.
But most probably wind.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I believe its some new type of plane.Airbus 320's.
I started hearing it maybe 2 years ago.
I live in Knox and there is a not so usual whistling sound when these specific planes come over head.
I think they are coming in to land, and it is reverse thrust.
I think its new Jet Star planes.
Every time I heard it I used to run outside and there was a plane over head.
Its a weird sound.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
im settling for heavy winds, though never heard winds that loud before but heavy winds in a streets could do that. My dad reckons sounded like the sirens they used up in the country to warn the gather volunteer firefighters but it was raining at this stage though

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I live in the Knox region as well.

I think it was only wind. there was also a fire in Bayswater today so that could explain the smoke.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
i forgot about that, ive just spoken to a mate he says it was just the heavy winds and rain so i guess ill leave it at that

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
wow a fire in bayswater i hope it was quickly contained.

as to aeroplanes flying and landing near knox is impossible because there are only two airports one in gelong and the other in tullamarine where both a a decent distance away.

i used to live in know and the only strange noises that i heard when i was there were the races going on down at sandown...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucifer1101
wow a fire in bayswater i hope it was quickly contained.

as to aeroplanes flying and landing near knox is impossible because there are only two airports one in gelong and the other in tullamarine where both a a decent distance away.

i used to live in know and the only strange noises that i heard when i was there were the races going on down at sandown...

Nah I don't mean landing in knox lol
Ill try and explain.
I lived here before 04, between 04-07 I didn't live here.
Before when I lived here, I never heard this sound from planes overhead.
There was the usual Qantas planes coming overhead.
Since moving back in 07, I have heard it.
This would coincide with the new Jet Star planes.
They land at Avalon airport, no commercial airliners used to land there.
So its a different path.
Its like a wooooo wooooo whistling noise as they come over head, it is them slowing down getting ready to land.They aren't landing here.
It sometimes is very loud especially when there is wind.
Other than the wind, that's all I can think it is.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
o ok sorry my bad..

commercial jets are landing at avalon ap, i thaught it was just for smal private planes.. anyway everything changes once in a while....

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I'm in the north-east suburbs and haven't heard anything.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join