It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Logan parking costs may soar Governor proposes adding $2 'carbon fee' to lot, garage rates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Logan parking costs may soar Governor proposes adding $2 'carbon fee' to lot, garage rates

www.boston.com

In the same month that Logan International Airport hiked its parking rates by $1, Governor Deval Patrick is asking for another $2 parking "carbon fee" as part of his transportation overhaul filed this week.
The carbon fee, described on page 137 of Patrick's 141-page bill, would that mean a 20- or 30-minute trip to pick up a relative at Logan could cost $6 in parking alone, not including tunnel tolls, which could rise to as much as $7 if legislators fail to pass Patrick's other proposal to raise the gas tax. Three hours in a Logan garage would cost $18; all-day parking in a garage would run $26
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Submit General News

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Here we go again with the dreaded "carbon tax".

You know, the great new scam to get more of our dollars. Evil, evil man made pollutants are screwing up the world. Sorry but I just don't buy it.

With every study that shows global warming is caused by man there is another study that says it not. Politicians sure like to ram it down our thoughts though, don't they.

This new proposal is coming from a guy that wants every car to have a GPS and tax the mileage that that car piles up. As if they need another clever way to get tax dollars coming in.

Why did Boston get the "big dig" completed right to the airport, to ease congestion, if no one can afford or flat out refuse to park there?? I'll bet the cab drivers are trilled with all of the new biz that they are about to receive as they will be the only people to benefit from this stupidity.

You guess is as good as mine.

www.boston.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join