It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Hero Idea New Spot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I hope I am in the right thread, just joined.

So for a few years I have been reading up on the practicality of being a vigalante. I felt I might fit the criteria to try this, tell me what you guys think and if its an awful idea... probably is or any suggestions

I have been in Martial Arts since I was 8, 22 now. Many forms, such as Hapkido, BJJ, MMA, Taekown Do, Ninjitsu, Kendo etc. Parents forced me to do it every day for 2 hours until I was 21. Taking a break. My instructor was Delta Force in first gulf war

At 25 I take over a large firm, and given a substantial amount of money to see how I fare in the real world and money markets (10 Million Dollars) I dont post this to brag but to explain the reasoning.

Looking into the science behind batman, martial arts with money is generally the combination. However wouldnt he eventually be shot in the head or mauled by a semi automatic gun? Or his batmobile found somewhere? Followed? Etc... not realistic.

My method would be to purchase several locations in the major city in which I live, like storage crates (For equipment storage and computer information, bike storage also). Purchase a faster motorcycle for plausible evasion, then get armored kevlar gear. Now all of that is fine but if in a physical conflict no armor will help a bullet to the head, and watching police scanners can get you arrested. So I figured purchase Tazer rifles, guns etc, go to hot spots of gang activity. When a problem is in motion from a reasonable distance (top of a building) Fire tazer and knock out the criminal. Then alert the authorities and leave. This could help alot of people but still as everything comes to a head I am unsure of any flaws I might be ruling out. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bt2086

There is a comic book forum in BTS. This will probably be moved there.

You would have to make the idea different as it sounds too much like Batman. There are many other superheroes who have no powers but use martial arts to fight crime. Try to find a different hook to sell the hero. Make him a bad guy at first who will do good things for a price.

Good luck on your idea, and hopefully it will all come together and be successful.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Are you talking about actually doing this?

Remember that such stories are fiction, and a lone hero will get trounced by a group of thugs just about any day of the week, regardless of martial arts abilities (unless you're good enough to dodge bullets)...

In addition, high speed chases almost always end up in collisions unlike the movies...and one bad crash will end your crime-fighting career...

Then of course, there's the fact that the police will be out to get you as well as the villains....

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
You have posted in the wrong forum, but I don’t really know where it belongs… ((GENERAL CHIT CHAT??)) is this a story idea that you have, or are you really looking to become a vigilante?

If you are serious, here is a good book to get you started.

Here are a whole bunch of real vigilantes. to give you some ideas/inspiration or possible sidekicks.

Here are some real life heroes with super powers that you might be able use on a Team.

Anyway, good luck.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by apaulo]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Overall I'd have to say I think its a very bad idea.

If you really want to make good use of your wealth and talents to fight crime, become a policeman or sheriff. Give to charities, or contribute directly to the community by funding public works for impoverished areas or provide jobs. That will reduce the feelings of helplessness and frustration and reduce crime much more efficiently than tazering people or beating them up.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Smack

I would have to agree with you, but I really don't think the story is for real.

The idea of someone being given ten million to be a crime fighter just doesn't sound believable to me.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Wasnt meant for that, was meant to be placed in money markets and used to grow money, however I dont feel like go along those lines, eitherway this is hypothetical

top topics

join