It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Hero Idea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
You're thinking way too big for someone who's just starting to really consider the idea. Being a hero always begins with small efforts, and it inevitably starts with someone near & dear (friend or family) that needs help. Then you can move to watching over neighbors, workmates, etc. This life is a process. It evolves as you will undoubtedly evolve. It's a way of life, a way of thinking and believing.

And to be a vigilante, you're going to have to know evil intimately. You'll almost have to be nearly ruined yourself (mentally...physically...spiritually) before you can truly know where you stand.

Meditate, keep your mind clear, and never close your eyes to the world's true nature. The world needs watchers, keepers, protectors, for without them free will combined with human nature would destroy the world. That is the law of the universe. It's called entropy. A hero's challenge is immense, and in some cases hopeless, but to resist destruction, pain, terror is to restore the willingness to continue as a species - to move forward.

True heroes are custodians of Man, guiding us towards the goodness we know we all can achieve if we could just resist the natural tendency towards evil. And being a hero begins with thought alone - the knowing that goodness is worthwhile.

You obviously have a hero's mind, now begin with simply helping someone. It doesn't take millions of dollars and years of martial arts training to give someone a hand.

That's how it starts - what happens later is up to you.

[edit on 3/3/09 by Evasius]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Excuse me for saying so, but your idea sounds, well, kinda dumb.

Wanna make a difference? Go hunt crooked cops and politicians. You'll never run out of work.

The reason i say it's dumb:

The cops get a call, from you, telling them that there's a mugger tazered and hogtied behind the bus bench on the 400 block of Hooker Dr. Cops show up, find a guy tied up, and nothing more. Not even EVIDENCE.

So, unless you got a team of lawyers in your silly little "A-team" van and you're willing to show up in court everyday in your silly kevlar cape and testify, i see the cops and the judges letting your victims go.

You said yourself the cops won't do anything, do you think that just because some dumbass "superhero" left an ALLEGED criminal tied up somewhere that the cops are gonna haul the SUSPECT in without EVIDENCE or WITNESSES, just because some anonymous masked man in a halloween costume called and said so?

To be effective you need to forget the tazer and get yourself a good gat. When you find the "bad guy" (determiened by YOUR judgement?) riddle his ass with bullets. That would be somewhat effective in reducing the crime rate by about .5% or so.

Also, how many crimes are committed in Chicago every day? Even if you worked 24/7 without sleeping, you can still only be at one place at a time. While you're tying up some poor crackhead in a back alley, there'd still be 100 other crimes going on right that second. You think you'd really be effective? There's how many cops out there supposedly fighting crime, armies of cops, yet they can't stop crime, and that's their job as a LARGE organization with tons of manpower.

Sure, you'll argue that the system is broken, and the cops allow the criminals to commit crime, yet you want to call up the cops who are part of the same broken system and let them deal with the guy you left tied up? What makes you think the same cops who wouldn't arrest the same criminals they supposedly let get away "because he's a good guy when her's not drunk" are going to arrest and prosecute some random tied up dude on the basis of an anonymous phone call from "Captain Chicago" or whatever you call yourself.

You'd make a bigger positive difference in the world of you brought a pot of soup and some paper plates to the park everyday and fed the homeless and poor with your 10 million dollars. For $20 a day you can make a HUGE pot of soup and even some rice on the side to go with it, bring it down the park, and make sure everyone gets enough to eat. With 10 million dollars you could feed the hungry in your community for about 1,370 years before you'd need to start accepting donations.

Hell, even better, teach a free self defense course to the inner city residents who are likely to be victimized, you've got enough martial arts skills, and finding a place to use as a dojo would be a lot cheaper and easier than finding, securing, and defending your "batcave".

Also, lessening the effectiveness of your planned tactics, is that the cops will have to take time out of fighting crime to find out who the idiot is that keeps leaving ALLEGED criminals tied up all over town and running around untying them. You'd be a distraction to the few cops out there who actually do their job and believe in their work.

With that said,,, Good Hunting!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
It's not all it's cracked up to be.

Sure,the idea is fine..But you try going a week without sleep because you're working during the day.

Turning up for work next day(as a famous TV presenter for the home-shopping network) looking like boiled crap,bags under the eyes,bruised groin etc..
Trying to sell 1000's of Mock Ming dynasty vases with a smile on your face,before realising you've lost a front tooth is REALLY embarrassing.

Not to mention the CONSTANT laundry,

Have you ANY idea how difficult it is to get bloodstains out of a spandex outfit???
It's kinda difficult keeping your secret identity when you turn up at the dry cleaners with a 'Masked Homer' leotard over one arm..

AND you don't get any respect..
Call up the commissioner and telling him you've apprehended the "Scarlet Sneaker" and you'll get put on hold.. listen to them in the background s'n-word'ing,saying "It's that weirdo again!".

You try getting a girlfriend too..
It's unbelievably tricky trying to find someone with a catchy name..

'LOIS LANE,VIKKY VALE' types????

I had to settle for ETHEL SCOGGS from Clacton,

(She wasn't very pretty either,but I did get discount at 'Scrubbit n Scoggs' drycleaners.)

I knew I should have just joined the Special Constabulary.. :shk:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
As for the evidence situation, in this being hypothetical, your correct, no evidence therefore nothing gained.

However the way I figured one could collect evidence is have the victim report it, not necessarily me. Also worse comes to worse, its one less person that is mugged or raped; even if the criminals are just stuck tied up for a few hours.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Using your money to help the poor and young are very great ideas, I hope that you consider them. You will probably inspire more that way rather than taking the law into your own hands. After all, if you think about it, you can't eradicate crime by putting criminals away, you can only do so by preventing people from becoming criminals.

Have you considered joining the police or the FBI (if you are American)? Even though your skills sound wicked awesome, you are not trained to capture criminals like you would be there.

If you decide to go through with this, all I can say is don't get consumed by it.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
It's not all it's cracked up to be.

Sure,the idea is fine..But you try going a week without sleep because you're working during the day.

Turning up for work next day(as a famous TV presenter for the home-shopping network) looking like boiled crap,bags under the eyes,bruised groin etc..
Trying to sell 1000's of Mock Ming dynasty vases with a smile on your face,before realising you've lost a front tooth is REALLY embarrassing.

Not to mention the CONSTANT laundry,

Have you ANY idea how difficult it is to get bloodstains out of a spandex outfit???
It's kinda difficult keeping your secret identity when you turn up at the dry cleaners with a 'Masked Homer' leotard over one arm..

AND you don't get any respect..
Call up the commissioner and telling him you've apprehended the "Scarlet Sneaker" and you'll get put on hold.. listen to them in the background s'n-word'ing,saying "It's that weirdo again!".

You try getting a girlfriend too..
It's unbelievably tricky trying to find someone with a catchy name..

'LOIS LANE,VIKKY VALE' types????

I had to settle for ETHEL SCOGGS from Clacton,

(She wasn't very pretty either,but I did get discount at 'Scrubbit n Scoggs' drycleaners.)

I knew I should have just joined the Special Constabulary.. :shk:

im sorry but

LMFAO

Ethel Scoggs from clacton LOL

<< 1   >>

join