It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Hero Idea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I hope I am in the right thread, just joined.

So for a few years I have been reading up on the practicality of being a vigalante. I felt I might fit the criteria to try this, tell me what you guys think and if its an awful idea... probably is or any suggestions

I have been in Martial Arts since I was 8, 22 now. Many forms, such as Hapkido, BJJ, MMA, Taekown Do, Ninjitsu, Kendo etc. Parents forced me to do it every day for 2 hours until I was 21. Taking a break. My instructor was Delta Force in first gulf war

At 25 I take over a large firm, and given a substantial amount of money to see how I fare in the real world and money markets (10 Million Dollars) I dont post this to brag but to explain the reasoning.

Looking into the science behind batman, martial arts with money is generally the combination. However wouldnt he eventually be shot in the head or mauled by a semi automatic gun? Or his batmobile found somewhere? Followed? Etc... not realistic.

My method would be to purchase several locations in the major city in which I live, like storage crates (For equipment storage and computer information, bike storage also). Purchase a faster motorcycle for plausible evasion, then get armored kevlar gear. Now all of that is fine but if in a physical conflict no armor will help a bullet to the head, and watching police scanners can get you arrested. So I figured purchase Tazer rifles, guns etc, go to hot spots of gang activity. When a problem is in motion from a reasonable distance (top of a building) Fire tazer and knock out the criminal. Then alert the authorities and leave. This could help alot of people but still as everything comes to a head I am unsure of any flaws I might be ruling out. Thanks!

[edit on 3-3-2009 by bt2086]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Sorry, methinks that this would fit more in the BTS section...

Irregardless, what you are proposing is becoming the Punisher, from the Jim Lee era, where Frank had his various warehouses, Microchip, etcetera.

Oh, wait, you are leaving the criminal alive? Hmm...

Moon Knight. Yep, Moon Knight for sure.

BTS

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
What is BTS? I wasnt sure on where to post been looking for a suitable place.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
BTS is Below Top secret. It is a sister site dedicated to things that are less conspiracy oriented. You may get some replies here but you would probably get more there. You can use your same username and password to sign in. You can get there by clicking this link.

Hope that helps and welcome to ATS. I think this is an interesting thread and I hope to see some good replies.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
BTS, or Below Top Secret, is a branch of ATS created to deal with subjects that don't pertain to conspiracies or controversies. A link for BTS is on the top of the web page, or you can follow this link.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

It's the same this as ATS, still have to log in and all that.

Now then, about your posting... my friends and I have had similar ideas; we've been wanting to modify a bus, with a lowering ramp instead of a back for an ATV, extra batteries for computer systems, cots, everything one would expect in a battle van, but on a larger scale.

And yes, we also firmly believe in the whole by hook or by crook methodology... what had originally started off as a legit venture to become "professional vigilantes" has started to take on the guise of a prepared fire team. It all depends on the state of the union, I guess.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
My concern with a van idea, that is built for combat purposes is wouldn't it attract attention, or are you saying that a van would park somewhere and look like a regular van but the insides would be kind of a base of op and use that from location to location.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
You are correct, the bus would be parked somewhere, which is why we'd have a need for a lowering ramp for the ATV.

Naturally, you'd want a four man operation. One to man the bus, listening to the radio and scanners, and communications between the other members; one person to observe the roadway(s) or intersection, the most likely routes to your targeted area; and two members for the hit.

Well, not "hit", that has a negative sound to it. Two men for the job, the task. Each would have similar gear, as a precautionary.

If I may make a comment to your original post... what I found to work rather effectively, and from my own research, you'd want a stun wand; same as a tazer, but longer, about a foot in length.

EDIT here

i.e. you don't want to do these things solo. That stuff is best left in comics and movies.

[edit on 2009/3/3 by The Soothsayer]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Yea, very true about solo operations. I have already a few friends that are interested but do not have ANY martial art skills whatsoever. When and If I go through with this, it would be in the next 2-3 years.

I like what you said about 4 man system, I never thought about that. I know that listening to a cop scanner then following it, is an easy way to get arrested or worse.. shot. Especially if they saw someone on the top of a building with a gun like weapon.

The area I would do this in would be in Chicago, and I have already started looking into several areas around the city where I could purchase Industrial complexes, and use those as bases. What do yea think?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bt2086

My two bits for a kindred spirit

You'll have to be extremely adept at the art of vanishing into thin air. First of all.

Second of all - you'll have to be able to get and get out w/o getting seen or caught.

What are you considering for a name/costume - just curious.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I always had a thought of a synthetic diamond armor. It would cost an arm and a leg, but youd be pretty indestructible. If you do build such a thing Id love to see it, and if you built two Id be down to be a sidekick.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Hmm... Chicago is slightly different from my area, Northeastern Wisconsin, but with the right planning, having back-ups, anything is possible. A good example, this area is known for its dealers, sexual offenders (prosecuted and not), and yes, even a couple mafia safe places (which started with Capone)... that's what my friends and I have, not so much targeted, but agreed upon as to what our goals would be.

**Keep in mind this is all hypothetical, as the Powers that Be on this site have been known to remove threads relating to ACTIVE vigilante discussions. By leaving it as a "what would you do" situation, this makes it no different than, say, threads talking about what weapons would you buy to defend you home, or threads on how to survive martial law. Taken from experience**

Buying warehouses... I've thought about that. There's one near where I live which would be perfect, but... in my area, that would also be a lot of undo and un-necessary traffic coming from a building that isn't being used for anything, and knowing the teens in this area as well, would bring un-needed attention. But Chicago? That would work for your benefit; only problem I see is that being grounded to one location begs for trouble... likewise, having multiple sites means multiple purchases or equipment.

Now, if one were to, say... buy a good sized building, renovate the basement and ground level to make those two areas your own, and then make the upper levels public domain. Disguise the main level as office quarters, or even put real offices on there, with the back halves closed off. Irregardless, isolate the basement (and ground floor, if needed, where needed). By keeping the building in the public view, nothing will be seen as it being otherwise, if that makes any sense.

I'd say, if possible, build or buy an apartment building. Become the landlord, keep your tenants happy. The ground floor is the buffer zone between your world and theirs... put in washing machines, maybe a weight room, a small security office.

The basement needs a drive ramp, and it's own entrance, but from the inside the ground level... the less entry ways the better to defend.

That is, of course, what I would do in a hypothetical situation. Such as this.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Not to be jerk but this is a pretty silly idea.

You would get arrested or killed pretty quickly. If you want to prevent crime in your area how about instead of wasting money on body armour and motorcycles you donate the money to a community watch orginazation. That would have a greater impact that anything you could do by yourself. Plus you would live longer.

If your dead set on becoming a vigilante why not join the Guardian Angels ( are they even in existance anynore?) or something like it.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
For a name I really dont know, whatever anyone wanted I guess. However I always liked the name Phoenix, and no I am not an x-men fan lol.

Scenario: Opted from what was said earlier

Go with some sort of larger vehicle to a bad area in a city, have 5 people working. 1 at warehouse which would be a base of op, one at the mobile base watching traffic and police scanners, then the other watching the team and police cameras. So those 3 for regular ops, and the two would go on top of a nearby building, if a mugging, rape etc was seen by the people on the building, the two would tazer the criminals from a distance to avoid personal confrontation. After being incapacitated the two would tie them up and contact the authorities (Either by a criminals phone, or the victims, or by some type of communication that the police cant detect)

Therefore vanishing out of thin air wouldnt be hard considering the criminals wouldnt be awake and the victim more than likely would be so freaked out, he or she wouldnt chase the two.

My concern is the mobile base, it would have to be in random areas, not the same spots as to avoid suspicion. It would be empirical that nobody saw the two vigilantes get in the veichle. Otherwise this plan is flawed.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
Not to be jerk but this is a pretty silly idea.

You would get arrested or killed pretty quickly. If you want to prevent crime in your area how about instead of wasting money on body armour and motorcycles you donate the money to a community watch orginazation. That would have a greater impact that anything you could do by yourself. Plus you would live longer.

If your dead set on becoming a vigilante why not join the Guardian Angels ( are they even in existance anynore?) or something like it.

Ah no I feel the same way at times, its all hypothetical. No offense taken

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Sometimes there are times when people need to stand up and do something.

Hypothetically speaking.

Where I live, we have a cop who was forced to retire due to having relations with a minor. He wasn't prosecuted, just made to resign from the force. Guess where he is now? Head of the Rescue Squad.

Then there's the town drunk, beats his wife, beats his kid. Cops don't do anything, because "he's relatively a nice guy when he doesn't drink".

We have three registered pedophiles living within a two block radius from the elementary school.

Know of any drug dealers by you? I know my area's dealers... and so do a few other people. And yet, the cops don't?

Crime takes on many forms, and the ways to prevent crimes also takes on many forms.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Soothsayer
Sometimes there are times when people need to stand up and do something.

Hypothetically speaking.

Where I live, we have a cop who was forced to retire due to having relations with a minor. He wasn't prosecuted, just made to resign from the force. Guess where he is now? Head of the Rescue Squad.

Then there's the town drunk, beats his wife, beats his kid. Cops don't do anything, because "he's relatively a nice guy when he doesn't drink".

We have three registered pedophiles living within a two block radius from the elementary school.

Know of any drug dealers by you? I know my area's dealers... and so do a few other people. And yet, the cops don't?

Crime takes on many forms, and the ways to prevent crimes also takes on many forms.

What is funny about all of this is the other guy that has been participating with the research with this idea lives outside of Wassau, we also toyed with the idea to try this at a smaller town, and see how it pans out. Like a training system. As for your warehouse idea in your location it is feasible. You would have to deliver shipments over periods of time to limit suspicion, then hire different contractors to finish any building that is needed to remove more suspicion.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Yeah, it is all just a matter of planning, observation, and more planning. By going after places or people that are known to participate in illegal activities, and if everything is successful, what will they do? Will a dealer go to the cops saying his source of income was burned and that he was robbed? Will people who are trying to remain out of the spot light seek out the law when they have become the same victim that they target?

By remaining organized, you give a sense or being something bigger. If say I knew some people, I am sure they would all dress similarly, and go about things in a military fashion. Not only would this give the people a sense of professionalism, but it would also make the recipients the belief that this was something other than a civilian action.

With me and the warehouse... just by getting a printing press would be enough of a front. Staff would remain small, if even hiring from "outside". A large vehicle delivering paper would not be unexpected... nor would travel vans leaving.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Good point with printing press ideas, thats the thing, being something bigger. I just am overly concerned in any flaws with the hypothetical concept. Plus after a few months the media notoriety would be crippling and it would raise the system to another level. Being careful wouldn't cut it, the person and team would have to be extremely careful, not to linger in the same spot and spontaneity is crucial. What is strange to me, is nobody has from what I have seen even tried to do something similar to this. With the substantial monetary value I get just to start at a young age, most people would leave for years, (ie, sister got same opportunity.... shes in thailand since december) Just shocked nobody even makes an effort to help.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Notoriety is not a good thing. If people know what is going on, rest assured the authorities know as well.

As far as location goes, I would hope it goes without saying that you never do anything within your location's area. Plan for events 50 miles away, or about an hour, hour and a half drive's away. Any repercussions, and investigations, would naturally begin within the immediate area.

After having the main location being 50 miles away, have a drop point / staging area. People who rob banks really shouldn't have an escape car parked right outside, as there are cameras about... in a similar sense, do not have a vehicle that can be described at the scene; the longer a vehicle stays visible, the easier it is to recognize it. But, that's just common sense.

ANY attention form the media would be, I would think, unwelcome... unless the reporter uses words to make it seem as if things were done by "what appeared to be militants" or "professionals"... However, if militants is being used too much, expect a Federal intervention. It's one thing to work around the locals, but quite another when dealing with feds; whole different mentality.

Knowing your location, knowing your intentions, your goals, and the individuals in question, then you can adjust your plans accordingly. Professional hit? A deal gone bad? Rival gang? But, then again, as you stated, these are more or less apprehension and confiscation jobs, where you are notifying the authorities... I'm going to have to think this one through a bit, as this is a different set of rules...

All of this, though, is merely a matter of location. It works for realty, it works for crime prevention as well... location, location, location.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join