It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret post 9/11 Anti-Terrorism Memo!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

The Obama administration Monday released nine previously secret internal Justice Department memos and opinions defining the legal limits of government power in combating terrorism.

The Bush administration had refused to make the documents public, rejecting demands from congressional Democrats.

The release ends a tug-of-war over copies of controversial legal guidance from the post-9/11 period that advocated greatly expanded executive power to combat terrorism.

Among the documents from the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel (OLC) is a 2001 memo declaring that in terrorism cases the military may conduct searches in the United States without a warrant if approved by the president.

CNN - Report

One of the Memos - US DOJ

I am looking for the rest of the memos. I will update when/if i can find them. I believe that these memos outline how abusive bush was of his power.

The papers i would REALLY love to see are the ones cheney had locked away in his multiple safes, which he refused to open to the public, for reasons of "national security".

join