It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul or the god Apollos: warning!! proof your faith is blind.. surprise ending!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I am still wating for what Christians.. anyone.. thinks about the following passage. Anyone? Anyone at all?

Acts 28:
3 And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand.

4 And when the barbarians saw the venomous beast hang on his hand, they said among themselves, No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance suffereth not to live.

5 And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm.

6 Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen, or fallen down dead suddenly: but after they had looked a great while, and saw no harm come to him, they changed their minds, and said that he was a god.

He does not deny it.. and while I think there is an element of truth in him being a god, he is taking advantage of that... in the wrong way. He does not DENY IT AND HE DOES NOT REBUKE THEM FOR IT.. does this not make any Christian consider??? wonder??? Think.. uh, something is terribly wrong here? Anyone? Or are we just *this* passive now..

[edit on 8-3-2009 by justamomma]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

The Tanakh is the Divinely Inspired Word of God. We know this because it was Sealed to be so in Malachi.

3:6 I, the Lord do not change!! Read the last chapter in Malachi.. chapter 4. IT is clear there was something coming up to test the hearts of his people that had been scattered in with the Gentile bloodline. He EVEN GIVES US THE chance to let Him prove himself to us so that we know.

The words that Jesus spake, if it can be found in the Tanakh.. then you know that it was indeed the rabbi's words. If you can not, then it was interpolated by the Scribes who wanted their own agendas met. All of what I am speaking of is found in the Tanakh.

I've read Malachi many times, and the test you speak of concerns tithing.

Malachi 1 is about blemished sacrafices. Malachi 2, he is upset with the priests, REMINDING readers of his wonderful covenant with Levi. That we are to LISTEN to the Levitical priesthood because they are his MESSENGERS - the rest of 2 is about Judah, divorce and judgement.

Malachi 3 starts with "See, I will send my MESSENGER who will prepare the way before me."

So now that you know God has told everyone that he himself sends us messengers through the Levitical Priesthood - why would you want to disobey him? It's one thing to not believe in Jesus because he hasn't revealed himself to you but to not even try to seek out the truth is laziness.

Anyways back to the "MESSENGER" that God sent, that you were supposed to listen to but didn't. Malachi records that the lips of a priest ought to preserve knowledge, and from his mouth people should seek instruction. God then warns of people like yourself who blatantly turn people from his "way." I'm not speaking of Jesus - I'm speaking of the messenger that God sent, that every single day you fail to listen to - John the Baptist.

His dad, a priest himself and his mother of the daughters of Aaron......

Levi & Judah.

John & Jesus.

The messsenger to prepare the way & the Lord you seek who is the messenger of the covenant.

God laid out the "way" early on for true enlightenment. The way starts with John the Baptist who was filled with God's spirit from the womb. He was a Jew through and through, a real man of God - sent by God - of the Levitical priesthood, full of ZEAL. What did he die for? Pointing out adultery. Why is divorce and adultery so important to God? Because billions of people don't realize that their relationship with him is way more important than any plain old man and woman could ever have together.

But he's always forgotten by the vast majority of people. Always on the backburner. This is why the way is so very narrow, very few find the truth and only remnants ever make it. Most don't really know God.

Knowing the real God knocks you off of your feet, literally, when the full extent of his love is made known. Then you KNOW the living God.

"Who can stand when he appears?" Malachi 3:2

After you know God, the refining starts and the tests are many. Those close to him are close to the fire. It's just the way things are done.

It's all about overcoming and Malachi ends with "The Day of the Lord."

You are like the sleeping bride in the Song of Solomon and Jesus came to wake you up - but your eyes are heavy.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
At times I appreciate threads like this because it "shows" me that I'm on the right track.

It is why I say that the Bible - although inspired, is a lie within a lie, within the truth.

The "real truth" - I have found after so many decades of study, lies beyond the verse.

It is not about which book is defiled and which is more accurate, it is about "hidden truth."

There is hidden truth in both the OT and NT, but one must go beyond the sub-plots. The sub-plots are there to trap the reader/follower. They are part of the subterfuge. These sub-plots are doing their duty and are very successful in causing all of these arguments. Whereas, the real plot is rarely discussed.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I am still wating for what Christians.. anyone.. thinks about the following passage. Anyone? Anyone at all?

Acts 28:
3 And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand.

4 And when the barbarians saw the venomous beast hang on his hand, they said among themselves, No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance suffereth not to live.

6 Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen, or fallen down dead suddenly: but after they had looked a great while, and saw no harm come to him, they changed their minds, and said that he was a god.

He does not deny it.. and while I think there is an element of truth in him being a god, he is taking advantage of that... in the wrong way. He does not DENY IT AND HE DOES NOT REBUKE THEM FOR IT.. does this not make any Christian consider??? wonder??? Think.. uh, something is terribly wrong here? Anyone? Or are we just *this* passive now..

1. Genesis 3:22 - emphasis on the word "us"

2. Psalm 82:6 (it's used with a small case "g" as it is in Acts.

3. You completely left out the part of what they did next and how they did spend their time on the island; healing and curing the sick.

Paul may not have been perfect, but then again none of us are.

He's not your enemy.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Let me explain some more:

Supposing there is a Game going on and we as humans have the opportunity to discover what it is? This is where free will comes in.

How can we correlate all the belief systems into one, to find the similarities between them?

Are there elements of truth to all belief systems- religion, atheism/science, academia, etc? Yes, but what we then need to do is; put the puzzle pieces together. The truth is revealed, at least partially.

How can evolution be largely accurate, while the creation account may have strong validity, and why was religion set up? What do all belief systems have in common? The clue is in finding out the similarities between them all to see that there is an ultimate truth behind. Don't most of us look for the differences? Most cannot see it, because they are caught up in the traps.

It involves looking for a common thread to find hidden truths that can only be seen, by doing so.

When I speak of a Game it is sort of allegorical. It appears to be a Game. But is in reality: a very cunning, fine tuned exercise, by the Gods.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by MatrixProphet]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct

Acts 28:

1. Genesis 3:22 - emphasis on the word "us"

2. Psalm 82:6 (it's used with a small case "g" as it is in Acts.

3. You completely left out the part of what they did next and how they did spend their time on the island; healing and curing the sick.

Paul may not have been perfect, but then again none of us are.

He's not your enemy.

Read Deuteronomy as you seem very much to be heading down the right track and for the right reasons. Deuteronomy is known as the book that lays out the blessing and the curse.

When you see it, perhaps you will then have a more clear understanding of Malachi (as you are not far off) and what it is I am saying about the message of Paul... which, by the way, from your post concerning Malachi, it is quite evident that you have an inspirative way with words. I rather enjoyed reading it.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by justamomma]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I think i finally see the angle your coming from. The fault and sin is Paul's from what i'm reading. It seems to me that Paul is only worshipping Jesus (just Jesus not the big guy) as a means to an end. I find it funny that Paul stressed to everyone that they pray and worship Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, when the big G.O.D don't even want that, we are to thank him!

I don't believe the bible or what it says, but i strongly believe that it's based on truths, truths that have become distorted and convoluted to keep us guessing and others in position of power, i mean it's infamous for contradicting itself...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
I think i finally see the angle your coming from. The fault and sin is Paul's from what i'm reading. It seems to me that Paul is only worshipping Jesus (just Jesus not the big guy) as a means to an end. I find it funny that Paul stressed to everyone that they pray and worship Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, when the big G.O.D don't even want that, we are to thank him!

I don't believe the bible or what it says, but i strongly believe that it's based on truths, truths that have become distorted and convoluted to keep us guessing and others in position of power, i mean it's infamous for contradicting itself...

I think Paul had an agenda and I think that agenda has paid off quite well in our world. Does not anyone find it strange that "Jewish" own our media and yet they spin stories against their own people?

This next observation is VERY GENERALIZED and NOT directed specifically.. but MANY churches are speaking these things against the Jewish.. saying, we are the chosen of God because THEY disobeyed.

Okay... yes, the Jewish disobeyed, and it has been displayed QUITE OPENLY before the world. It was not hid.. but not ONCE does God disown His own.. not once.
To see so many hurting and being oppressed by deceptions and manipulations of the Truth, just is heartbreaking. But what makes it critical to encourage people to seek the Truth is that jealousies and hatred are rising against the wrong people..

Paul was of the tribe of Benjamin... Benjamin was the line that King Saul was from... God promised the line of David that they would be line of Kings from there on out... suddenly, the tribe of benjamin mixes into the house of Judah swearing loyalty to them... up pops Saul who changes his name to Paul and it was the line of Benjamin that gained control through deceit and with the help of blind faith, mankind has tied the hands of the truly Jewish behind their backs... not much one can do when everyone chooses to BELIEVE (being the key word) the lie.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by justamomma]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

He does not DENY IT AND HE DOES NOT REBUKE THEM FOR IT.. does this not make any Christian consider??? wonder??? Think.. uh, something is terribly wrong here? Anyone? Or are we just *this* passive now..

Invulnerablility comes from Identity.
At heart, there is one Identity.
Why would you seek to "rebuke" what is true at heart?
Why not rebuke what is not true?
What is not true is individual godhood...differences...special status.
There are no special gods.
There are no different gods.
There are no other realms or territories.
Christians already deny they are Christ.
Christ is equal to GoD in every way.
GoD is safe.
To deny safety is to invite insecurity.
Why would you 'peer pressure' them into continuing in what harms them?
Why would you take away their rightful inheritance?

Christ!

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Christ!]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Because the lie that is using the Tanakh as a support is affecting my life and the lives of my children. So, I seek to expose it. Good enough reason I think.

What, exactly, is "my life"?
Are you saying you are a Jew from the tribe of Judah and don't appreciate the tribe of Benjamin messing up your "life"?
Is the tribe of Benjamin making you look bad? To...?

Christ!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Deuteronomy is known as the book that lays out the blessing and the curse.

Paul carries on this tradition...the tradition of believing that blessing and cursing comes from the same source.
Deuteronomy explains just how to be blessed, and how to be cursed.
Paul does the same.
Yet you would disposses him of his tribal inheritance?

Christ!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christ!

Because the lie that is using the Tanakh as a support is affecting my life and the lives of my children. So, I seek to expose it. Good enough reason I think.

What, exactly, is "my life"?
Are you saying you are a Jew from the tribe of Judah and don't appreciate the tribe of Benjamin messing up your "life"?
Is the tribe of Benjamin making you look bad? To...?

Christ!

uh... I have no idea what you are going on about. I have clearly told you what this thread's intentions were for... and now suspicion has set in. You seem to be looking for any reason to argue. Good luck!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

uh... I have no idea what you are going on about. I have clearly told you what this thread's intentions were for... and now suspicion has set in. You seem to be looking for any reason to argue. Good luck!

So the thread is about Paul, and not how he affects your life?

Christ!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Thank you for that. I will be reading more if you post.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

" Leaving bible history to the professionals"

Is exactly why we are where we are today. Garbage in. Garbage out.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamommaPaul is admitting to be of the god Apollos and the account I gave in Acts is the connection.. Diana, the goddess became hellenized (which people on this board know I have been saying that Paul is of hellenistic views... proof now) when they joined her to Apollos the god.

Diana, Homer's Troyan beauty, fair enough, but Apollos, god of the Sun, in relation to Paul and his scriptures? Nope. The only times "Apollos" is mentioned in the whole Bible, it is to discribe the name of one of Paul's friends, not the Greco-Roman deity. Just like you shouldn't mix Abe, the father of Homer with Abe, former president of USA.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

So even after reading all this I don't know what the heck You or it is saying. That's why I dislike the bible, why can't they just say anything outright. Why all the cryptic proverbs. What the heck am I supposed to glean from this if I can't even firgure out what the heck they're saying? Because Paul didn't want to offend a nation he's an idoloter? Is that what you're trying to say? Well, who was the serpent in the garden? Who is Mary? You need to study some things, because the serpent is beleived to've been an Older God(one at Odds with the OT God) Mary is supposed to be a representation of Dianna herself. Everything your Bible says has been excreted and rewritten with a male spin.But even in the Ot it is said "let us create Man and Woman in our image" Who is the OUR? Well apparently obvious that there is was and always will BE a Goddess, whether you accept that or not is no sweat off my back. This was just a book to take women's power away from them. I just had to add that.

edited for content and additional info.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey
Sometimes thread titles are misleading, and after reading your opening post, I would have to conclude that I have found nothing which remotely challenges my faith.

Then you have shown yourself not to be a thinker. The Tanakh does NOT SUPPORT YOUR NT save some of the actual teaching of Jesus. THERE IS NO PROPHECY THAT SUPPORTS JESUS AS GOD, THE SON OF GOD, MESSIAH, LIGHT TO THE GENTILES, MIRACLE WORKER, OR SOMEONE WHO IS COMING BACK TO RESCUE US.

Not one... if your faith is based on Paul's teachings and the gospels, tell me WHERE IS YOUR FOUNDATION for believing it because you will not find it in the beginning that it is attached to.

If your faith is solid, then you should be able to prove me wrong WITH THE FOUNDATION... the front of the Book.. Else, it is a blind faith and you can detach it from off the Tanakh and write your own beginnings.. taking the front back.. it is practical when looked at in its proper light.. not the light of mythology.

Hi Just!

Of-course the Tanahk SUPPORTS the Words of the Lord Jesus Christ!
It Supports it 100%.

OF-COURSE THERE IS Quote///''PROPHECY THAT SUPPORTS JESUS AS GOD, THE SON OF GOD, MESSIAH, LIGHT TO THE GENTILES, MIRACLE WORKER, OR SOMEONE WHO IS COMING BACK TO RESCUE US. ''

Mythology?
You mean you used Mythology in it's proper light to support your findings?
Please, your posts are , can't think of the word

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

The Sacred History of the Old Testament!~~~

And as I had already posted the link in your last post,here it is again,~~~The Septuagint~~~Work of the Seventy Hebrew and Greek~

ICXC NIKA
helen

EDIT....spelling

[edit on 6/30/2009 by helen670]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join