It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam Hussein's name

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It used to be "Sadaam," which is more accurate to the original Arabic.

I remember when it was spelled that way in the media, and you can see it spelled that way in archives.

When did it change?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well...

I suppose that when the PTB decided to turn him from an allie to a foe, around the end of the eighties after ten or fifteen yrrs of gentle obedience to US policies, the exotic name was turned into some subliminal and so conspiracesque spelling :

SAD-DAM(ned).

Kids game.

Huh... Feeling of Déjà vu.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
thats f****d up. he was a good allie until he wanted to do things his own way

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Probably when he told the U.S. no. They didn't like his name spelled that way because you see the name adam in it. First man biblically. He was a very religious man and even had them put God is great on all government buildings.

Something is very wrong when it comes to the story of this man. Not only was he a good allie but he made his peoples way of life better. Yet all we hear about is what a bad guy he was.

They forget he rose their standards of living over there.

Their education over there improved.

Women were allowed to be educated.

The list goes on.

Makes me wonder if he did everything they claim he did or if they did something to him to make him do those things.

On his rise to power he never killed one person.

Why shortly after saying NO did he change?

[edit on 2-3-2009 by napayshni57]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Remember how GHW Bush pronounced his name? He changed the pronunciaton to become a meaning for a "shoe shine boy". And we all thought it was just his Texas accent. from the northeast. lol. Well, some of us did. I suppose there were more enlghtened ATS ers type people then, unlike me. At that time I was ready to die for oil and Kuwait. Where the hell was Kuwait on the map? I didn't know then. All I remember is that I watch CNN and saw a bunch of angry old men marching in the streets of Baghad and I said to myself. "I can take them". But I really didn't want to do that to those old men. But I did.

top topics

join