It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA semi trailer in Mall parking lot in OKC

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by arizonascott

Uh, not to rain on your parade, but when has Qwest ever managed to get anything done in a timely fashion with less than 3X the number of field workers needed to get a job done? Seriously, I had a site inspection project in a development down in Green Valley 5 or 6 years ago. Next to the site Qwest was putting in their lines. I have never seen more field workers with imaculately clean boots & pants standing along the top of a ditch with a single worker in said ditch actually working in my life. This went on for a full two weeks and they managed to install two boxes and lay maybe 200 yards of line. The only time they moved with any urgency was at noon when they were scrambling for their trucks to drive a half a block to Carl's Jr for lunch.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I didn't read all the replies in this thread. But I wonder about something:

Why wouldn't Fema just use an unmarked trailer? The fact that it says Fema on it, makes me think that its not anything of significance.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I have lived in Oklahoma City all my life. I live less than a 1/2 mile where the may 3rd tornado (fastest wind speeds on Earth) came through. We just had series of tornadoes outbreak here in the metro less than a month ago. It is tornado season in Oklahoma right now. I bet every time from here on out there is a decent thunder storm it will drop one of those things.

Anyways, FEMA trailers have been left in church parking lots, mall parking lots, and other places during tornado seasons in the past. I remember when they put one in the highschool parking lot when I was going to school.

Yall just need to calm down. The sky isn't falling! Well... unless it is in tornado form.

I also saw someone mention telephones on poles? This is most likely due to the heavy pole construction going on in Oklahoma City. On the southside they are putting up GIANT (4+ story tall, 3-4 yard wide) metal poles up to resist tornadoes. The wood ones they had up just snap like twigs. The phones that are on the poles are there to check signal. Nothing more.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by ChrisBROKC]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
i guess that explains it? gotta be more to it than that.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Whether you want to call it Tornado Season coming up or the fact that just East of OK City we still have major recovery efforts underway due to a recent natural disaster, FEMA is in the area... and rightfully so.
If they weren't, there would be a thread on this site a few hundred pages long bitching about why they AREN'T here.

People just love to see conspiracies. Even when there isn't one to be seen.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by guinnessford
i guess that explains it? gotta be more to it than that.

Why is that?

Hit areas almost always require help. Most of the time after a good series of tornadoes hit we ask for federal government assistance.

I realize people that don't live here do not understand how often tornadoes happen. In the past they have been known to happen once a week depending on the year. Other times not at all.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by ChrisBROKC]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
break in and have a look inside, thats the onjly way we know for sure

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Juksey]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
didnt the first couple of replies state tht tornado season is a bit away? or is it here? im confused here. more to it than that? because if it were something good itd be on the 6 oclock news. especially in small towns where nothing happens. " fema trailers brought in to help with tornado relief " too out in the open to have anything of value in it. even if its locked. im generally untrusting of things like that, and to say maybe fema is trying to get ahead this time instead of how katrina was handled is something i dont buy. thats another reason it would be on the news, to let you know the gubment is ready and prepeared this time

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
On the note of Tornados, apparently Alabama had a Tornado three days ago.

I feel that this spring is going to be a NASTY one. Anyone else feel that way?
The weather is very unstable in this region right now.

Hell, this past Sunday they were talking about a dusting of snow.
The roads turned into a solid sheet of ice. We had another mini ice storm. Thankfully it didn't last near as long as the previous storm.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I cant believe some of you believe they are there to help... What kind of help is one truck load going to provide for any possible future tornado victims??? Get Real. It's a FEMA frieght container and they dropped it there for whatever reason.

It's definately not there to provide help for the locals. If that was the case they wouldn't just abandon it. I recomemd a little more 'recon'. so to speak. Open the damn thing up and find out whats in it.

FEMA IS NOT here to help us, the people. It took 4 days to get water to victims of Katrina holed up in New Orleans. Further more, FEMA uses mercanaries to do their 'security' work, and mercs are natoriously rough handed when it comes to 'security'. Blackwater isn't really in to upholding a good image for people.

Once again, FEMA is not here for any goodly reason that you may think thier services should be used for. They are a tool for the future police state that the USA is bound to become. They have nothing to do with Emergencey aid....

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by guinnessford
didnt the first couple of replies state tht tornado season is a bit away? or is it here? im confused here. more to it than that? because if it were something good itd be on the 6 oclock news. especially in small towns where nothing happens. " fema trailers brought in to help with tornado relief " too out in the open to have anything of value in it. even if its locked. im generally untrusting of things like that, and to say maybe fema is trying to get ahead this time instead of how katrina was handled is something i dont buy. thats another reason it would be on the news, to let you know the gubment is ready and prepeared this time

Guinnessford I have lived in tornado alley all my life and really, tornado season is 12 months a year, however the majority occur from like March thru May I think. I am in Tulsa and am going to try to get over there and look at that one trailer and talk to some business people around there and see what they know about it.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
please keep us updated. i live near philly and have been to 2 malls, no trailer. got a few more to check. and i really hope i find one. i think.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Bombeni you should open it up and take a few pics would be interesting to see whats inside it.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Juksey

Well I'll try but if it's locked I won't break in. I'm tall though, maybe it has windows.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
I cant believe some of you believe they are there to help... What kind of help is one truck load going to provide for any possible future tornado victims??? Get Real. It's a FEMA frieght container and they dropped it there for whatever reason.

It's definately not there to provide help for the locals. If that was the case they wouldn't just abandon it. I recomemd a little more 'recon'. so to speak. Open the damn thing up and find out whats in it.

FEMA IS NOT here to help us, the people. It took 4 days to get water to victims of Katrina holed up in New Orleans. Further more, FEMA uses mercanaries to do their 'security' work, and mercs are natoriously rough handed when it comes to 'security'. Blackwater isn't really in to upholding a good image for people.

Once again, FEMA is not here for any goodly reason that you may think thier services should be used for. They are a tool for the future police state that the USA is bound to become. They have nothing to do with Emergencey aid....

It could be full of clothes, tents, water- all things that would help people who have lost their homes in a tornado.

Tough to send in supplies when thugs are taking shots at you. FEMA had to wait until the National Guard had secured the area.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Where's the op?

Last time I heard from the op, he/she said they were going to check to see if the trailer had a lock on it.

Hope the op didn't end up in jail whistling Dixie.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

I wonder why FEMA didn't airdrop supplies by the tons, starting the nxt day? I wonder lots of things about the Katrina Incident.

Of course this isn't the thread for it, but didn't Bush platform that he would "keep us safe" if we re-elected him, and so what did they do all those years after 9/11 as far as training for emergency? I fully believe the rescuers were ordered to "stand by" while the US Govt. killed off a whole bunch of people they wouldn't have to be dogged with later, as in now.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

"They have nothing to do with Emergencey aid.... "

Alright, I am going to say this as nicely as I can, but mind you, this remark is highly offensive to me.

A few weeks back, we had a category 5 ice storm here in my area. (I'll embed the video I shot of a portion of the aftermath now)

Your remarks are offensive. In fact, I have been PAID by FEMA in the past few weeks to inspect the removal of the debris left over.
FEMA has had presence in the area of Oklahoma/Arkansas/Kentucky ever since.

You cannot say that because FEMA was lackluster in the aftermath of Katrina that they simply aren't out to help, but to destroy.
I haven't seen any evidence of it. In fact, FEMA has helped us make a substantial recovery thusfar.

I have noticed that you like to mix historical fact with conjecture before. I have called you on it, but you are fixated on this crap. Get over it.
I KNOW you are wrong on this one.

PS- You have inspired me to shoot a follow-up to this video. I'll have it up in a few days. Remember, HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS were without power for WEEKS. Thanks in large part to FEMA, we are functioning well now.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
i personally believe theres nothing in it. like someone else posted, tap on the sides. i know they wouldnt want whatevers inside to get stolen. maybe place it in a secure spot until the shtf and bring it then. or the day before. and yeah, where is the op? anyone from ok know him personally? maybe call or check on him?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

think hes in one of the FEMA camps

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join