It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Offers $900 Million to Palestine?!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
YEEEAAAA! HURAYYYY! This is the best move in foreign relations politics that I've heard of in a long time. I hope we can support all of the old soviet states, too! I love Georgians! Hopefully we can support ALL people who are fighting for their freedom!! And, if Russia and China will accept that freedom should reign and Democracy rule, we would ensure that Human Rights may soon reign supreme. Homes of the brave and lands of the free!

Thank you, Hillary Rodham-Clinton!!

sincerely,
O-315

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by organism315

If u are for the freedom of others then how can u justify allowing the isreali's to get away with what they did? i thought that good was supposed to defeat evil not pay for the damages they cause while letting them go unpunished for the crime. how does that help promote freedom? to me it just perpetuates the problem. would u let a convicted child molester go free but pay a settlement to the childs family for the damages he did? no!

[edit on 4-3-2009 by TheScale]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
This thread shines a beacon on ignorance and hatred. On reading it again it seems like a load of schoolkids have grouped together and chipped in with their ignorant pro-Israeli drivel falling over each other to lie about palestine and totally blank out the real terrorists in this case.

Fact is Israel is an illegal state, set up illegally through violence within our life time. They illegally occupy land and illegally carry out heinous crimes on women, children and legitimate freedom fighters with fireworks. All official statistics and agencies agree over this.

The mess in Palestine is the responsibility of every single american citizen because one quarter of US foreign aid goes to Israel to maintain this murderous set up. So ye3s, you do have a responsibility for the utter destruction of gaza, and denying this is ignorance at its finest.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoothyKnight
Whaaaaat??? I thought we were more interested in Israel than Palestine, This may anger the Israelis if some of the money gets to the Hamas in Gaza..

Well, when Israeli soldiers shoot at Gazan farmers and relief workers for no reason, bomb homes, admit to using death squads, and have videos of staging dead bodies to look like suicide bombers, it's kinda easy to see why some MAY not be too thrilled about the way the neighbor acts.

Let's not forget too that many of the missiles fired into Israel months ago were Mossad built and owned, as it had been reported. Another false-flag attack, like Gulf of Tonkin. Let's keep pushing for an endless war and never try to bring actual peace.

And when I say that, not say we're committed to peace and fund both sides, or set them against each other, or arm one side and tell them to have a free-for-all.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I know that the US funds israel but the fact of the matter is its there decision to do whatever they want with the money and what needs to be done is have huge restrictions put on the israels, cut off the cash flow and force em to pay for humanitarian efforts, the US should not pay for it but use diplomatic methods to punish the israeli's. be mad at US policy and cry out for a stop in funding of israel. Everyone just wants money nowadays instead of punishing the criminal and that criminal is the israeli's

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Regardless of what you believe about Palestine and Israel, why should U.S. taxpayers be paying to rebuild the Gaza strip? I certainly didn't go to Gaza and bomb them, nor did I send rockets into Israel. Yet I am being told my money will be going into Gaza, which is controlled by Hamas, a terrorist group recognized by many countries.

It might not seem like that much money in the whole scheme of things, but do we really have to pay for this?

Let me go flush down 900 million dollars in the toilet, then I will get to experience what it is like to give 900 million to the Gaza strip.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigC2012
This thread shines a beacon on ignorance and hatred. On reading it again it seems like a load of schoolkids have grouped together and chipped in with their ignorant pro-Israeli drivel falling over each other to lie about palestine and totally blank out the real terrorists in this case.

Fact is Israel is an illegal state, set up illegally through violence within our life time. They illegally occupy land and illegally carry out heinous crimes on women, children and legitimate freedom fighters with fireworks. All official statistics and agencies agree over this.

The mess in Palestine is the responsibility of every single american citizen because one quarter of US foreign aid goes to Israel to maintain this murderous set up. So ye3s, you do have a responsibility for the utter destruction of gaza, and denying this is ignorance at its finest.

Actually, Jews lived in the region long before the palestinians moved there. The UN seems to believe Israel is a legitimate state- at least they did when they created modern-day Israel.

Palestinians are the ones who chose Hamas to rule them. The responsibility lies with them.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Umm... check the Genetics. The jews in Israel are far more European and have less genetic historical connection to the land than their Arab cousins the Palestinians. Think about it. Jews and Arabs were once one and the same people and separated at the time of Ishmael and Isaac. Palestinians look much like their Arab brothers but the Jews look quite different. For centuries in both cultures, marrying outside ones group was heavily discouraged, and thus there should be a genetic continuity. Why is it that Jews today have such a different look and different genetic group than their Arab cousins? It is because they are a very watered down version of their former ancestors with much more Eastern European or Ashkenazi blood. Your statement that the Jews were there long before the Palestinians "moved" there is simply untrue, and reflect how little you know about the subject. In fact prior to the Zionist movement, Palestinians lived in harmony in the region alongside Jews and other religious groups. It is the introduction of Zionists from outside the region, the newcomers who moved there, that has caused all the problems in the region.

As for the UN...when Israel was created in former Palestine, 48% of the land was set aside by the UN for Palestinian use. Israel has since then illegally occupied all but 12% of the land and continues, to this day, to steal land from Palestinians. That is why they are called the "Occupied Palestinian Territories."

Both the United Nations and the International Court of Justice refer to the area as the "Occupied Palestinian Territories," with Israel being the occupying force.
Israeli settlements in those areas are a clear violation of established international law. This violation has been affirmed by a majority of members of the Geneva convention, as follows: section 12. "The participating High Contracting Parties call upon the Occupying Power (Israel) to fully and effectively respect the Fourth Geneva Convention in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, and to refrain from perpetrating any violation of the Convention. They reaffirm the illegality of the settlements in the said territories and of the extension thereof."
The West Bank, and the Gaza Strip have been referred to as occupied territories (with Israel as the occupying power) by Palestinian Arabs, the rest of the Arab bloc, the UK, the EU, the USA, and both the General Assembly as well as the Security Council of the United Nations, the International Court of Justice, and even the Israeli Supreme Court.

Israel needs to abide by international law and leave the territories. The settlments on Palestinian land are indeed illegal. Hamas has stated that they will recognize Israel based on the legal pre '67 borders. Israel have never agreed to recognize any Palestinian right to a homeland. That is the difference.

[edit on 4/3/09 by Terapin]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
Actually, Jews lived in the region long before the palestinians moved there. The UN seems to believe Israel is a legitimate state- at least they did when they created modern-day Israel.

Palestinians are the ones who chose Hamas to rule them. The responsibility lies with them.

Yeah, and Native Americans lived here before the colonists showed up, what's your point?

The ONLY reason Hamas won the election is because Palestine fears Israel, because they're too damn trigger-happy

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Then call for sanctions against the israeli's and actually punish the criminal! u have a problem with US foreign policy which is a seperate issue. u cant take one thing and call it something else. The US should not pay for the rebuilding of Gaza. Also for everyone that thinks this is a great PR move for the middle east well take a look at the situation. As long as the US keeps funding israel, a measly few hundred million going to gaza is just showing the hypocracy within the US govt and nothing else. it will not improve our image and id gaurentee funds will go to hamas, people will find a way to skim some cream off the milk just like history shows us.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by TheScale]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheScale

As long as the US keeps funding israel, a measly few hundred million going to gaza is just showing the hypocracy within the US govt and nothing else. it will not improve our image and id gaurentee funds will go to hamas, people will find a way to skim some cream off the milk just like history shows us.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by TheScale]

It seems clear that the US government doesnt give a darn what any other country thinks about them. History has taught us that too. Before 9/11 the US foreign policy was making enemies even out of moderate/liberal countries and after burning off the sympathy in the wake of the attack, the US is now heel bent on returning to the worlds most hated again. I dont mean any offence by this, but your name has been dragged through the mud over the last couple of decades.

You are right in saying that it is hypocritical for the US to both supply bombs and then money to rebuild also. I think most countries are guilty of this but the US has a sworn commitment to Israel no matter how illegal things are in the international stage. And there are calls for sanctions and moves on war crimes perpetrated in the recent Gaza conflictn but no doubt the US will veto them to protect their little naughty cousin.

Right now as we speak Palestinians are being cleared from their homes, forced out to make way for more illegal Israeli settlers. This going directly against what Hilary Clinton is calling for when she asks for a '2 state solution'. There wil never be peace while this unjustice continues. That is the reality.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Maybe Hamas should stop sending rockets into Israel and trying to kill Israelis. Link Then maybe the two sides could actually talk.

I hope my money won't go to that, but who knows.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Israel simply doesn't want peace. Fact. Any time peace is close the Israeli top brass actually panic at the thought of sharing anything with 'the durty aribs'. Fact.

I admire the Palestinian peoples patience and dignity. In the face of unbelievable evil brutality and humiliation they hold their heads up high and wait and pray for their land back. That is why I believe one day they shall see victory, victory for what is right for once.

900 mil is nothing and won't get them anywhere near to normality. As a society the children need so much more to cope and more still to sway them away from becoming militants themselves. This money is just PR. The fact that people in America moan just shows their ignorance of the bigger issues, and in some cases your bigotry towards the victim courtesy of the zionist media.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I don't mean to be mean, but I think the American people should get that money. It's time to focus on the people they govern... not overseas. It's fricking bullcrap, we can't save and help everyone when a lot of people on US soil is hurting.

I am sorry I am ranting, I am just getting so effin sick of money and banks. The bank is trying to pull one over on my sig other and I with stupid NSF fees, and we shouldn't have anymore because the money was in the account yesterday and now it's not? WTF... it's just... argh!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigC2012
Israel simply doesn't want peace. Fact. Any time peace is close the Israeli top brass actually panic at the thought of sharing anything with 'the durty aribs'. Fact.

I admire the Palestinian peoples patience and dignity. In the face of unbelievable evil brutality and humiliation they hold their heads up high and wait and pray for their land back. That is why I believe one day they shall see victory, victory for what is right for once.

900 mil is nothing and won't get them anywhere near to normality. As a society the children need so much more to cope and more still to sway them away from becoming militants themselves. This money is just PR. The fact that people in America moan just shows their ignorance of the bigger issues, and in some cases your bigotry towards the victim courtesy of the zionist media.

Exactly, so why should the U.S. being giving 900 million if it nothing?

Getting off topic but...if you put fact after each sentence that makes it a fact? Or if you just keep repeating the statement it makes it a fact? Wow, I guess I've had it wrong this whole time...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Chyort

Prior to operation Cast Lead which caused all the damage in Gaza, there was indeed a ceasefire and Hamas upheld its half of the deal. Hamas had stopped firing rockets in accordance with the ceasefire, but Israel failed to uphold it's half of the deal to relax the economic embargo. Israel then started killing Palestinians without provocation. Mark Regev, the official Israeli spokesman admitted as much.

You can not place the blame on Hamas firing a few weak homemade rockets, for Israels destructive bombardment. In 8 years of Hamas launching tiny rockets only about 20 people have been killed. Israel killed about 1300 in two weeks. The problem is not Hamas rockets, that much is very clear.

Israel has a Zionist agenda that is quite racist and very deliberate.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chyort

The Americans should vote where they want their tax money to go that would be telling.

Facts are never off-topic.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
reply to post by Chyort

Prior to operation Cast Lead which caused all the damage in Gaza, there was indeed a ceasefire and Hamas upheld its half of the deal. Hamas had stopped firing rockets in accordance with the ceasefire, but Israel failed to uphold it's half of the deal to relax the economic embargo. Israel then started killing Palestinians without provocation. Mark Regev, the official Israeli spokesman admitted as much.

You can not place the blame on Hamas firing a few weak homemade rockets, for Israels destructive bombardment. In 8 years of Hamas launching tiny rockets only about 20 people have been killed. Israel killed about 1300 in two weeks. The problem is not Hamas rockets, that much is very clear.

Israel has a Zionist agenda that is quite racist and very deliberate.

I don't see any argument in this quote in giving 900 million dollars to the Gaza strip, so maybe we agree on that.

Interesting how you say only 20 people have been killed, I guess they're only Israelis, right?

I agree, there should be a vote on where America's tax dollars go.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'm going to go back to the original topic before this gets too religous and too political...... I'm an American TAXPAYER, so I care where my money is going!

$900M...... Add this to what has been spent since Obama took the oath back in January.

I'm far from being a super intellectual mathmetician....but this idiot, and his cronies, are spending more money PER SECOND than what 99% of the WORLD's population makes anually.

By MY calculations.....Obama, Hillary, Congress, whoever...is spending roughly somewhere in the neighborhood of.......

you ready????

$257,000 PER SECOND.....give or take a few thousands here and there.

I'm fed up! I'm tired of it, and I'm seriously considering taking MY money somewhere where I can make a difference. I don't need to live here. I can live anywhere, and still be successful, provide for my family, and live a good life.

Any suggestions? Queensland? Botswana? Thailand?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Chyort

The "Only 20" over 8 years Vs. 1300 in two weeks, was simply a reference to the relative levels of carnage. Every life has value. Israel is the occupying aggressor, and is very dispraportionate in their destruction. That was the point I was making.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join