It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Offers $900 Million to Palestine?!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
thank you steve...if the people are in such dire need of the american tax payer dollar they should stop electing terrorist that bomb our allys

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleman11
thank you steve...if the people are in such dire need of the american tax payer dollar they should stop electing terrorist that bomb our allys

Gaza didnt ask for the Aid, it was offered by our govt. so maybe u should ask our govt why they want to fund people who elect terrorists to power.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by invisibleman11
[hamas ops would kill you in a heartbeat for being a westerner...why dont you hand them the check (im not wishing you harm BTW) ]

I would hope they wouldn't be that rash, that bloodthirsty, or that inhuman, which I personally don't think they are.

I feel sorry for them, my country, Canada does no better in improving their situation, and life must be incredibly tough for them but would they just kill me because I have white skin and am a westerner?

Nah... I just don't see it.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
i dont need to ask...they are a bunch of slimy false bleedingheart politicians trying to look good in the middle east. it hasnt worked in the past and it definetly wont work now

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu

Originally posted by mental modulator

Originally posted by stevegmu

Originally posted by TheScale
explain to me the destruction of over 50% of gaza's agriculture and how that helps stop rocket attacks

You mean the fields where Hamas was storing and firing rockets from? I don't buy the 50% destruction of agriculture propaganda.

DO you have a source???

Do you? I didn't come up with the 50% figure. I'm sure if the IDF destroyed any fields it was for a good reason, as they wouldn't waste resources otherwise. Lookup Pallywood on YouTube if you want to see how Palestinian propaganda films are made.

I don't condone HAMAS or the brutal terrorism that the psychopaths use.

At the same time this conflict keeps the world teetering on the edge of WWIII year after year.

You starve a whole country and your only gonna breed more anger, more nut bags and more death.

I say build a wall, invest in metal storm for rocket attacks and give them their sovereignty.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I vote for aliens to come down and tell both sides they created there religion shattering both views lol. thought id bring a little comedy to the rhetoric

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
reply to post by invisibleman11
[hamas ops would kill you in a heartbeat for being a westerner...why dont you hand them the check (im not wishing you harm BTW) ]

I would hope they wouldn't be that rash, that bloodthirsty, or that inhuman, which I personally don't think they are.

I feel sorry for them, my country, Canada does no better in improving their situation, and life must be incredibly tough for them but would they just kill me because I have white skin and am a westerner?

Nah... I just don't see it.

They'd probably just kidnap you for ransom.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheScale
[in anycase the isreali's should be paying to rebuild gaza and if your saying that the US funds isreal well then isnt the US just going to be footing the bill for them then? ]

Thanks TheScale,

You're right, this business is very murky with the Russia via Iran via (?) Syria via Gaza weapons smuggling (even though I notice the American-made M-16 seems rather common among Gazan miliants) and the support America gives Israel, but it's always been this way since the Cold War- America's clandestine support of the Taliban fighting the Russian troops 1979-1989, historical Russian support of embargoed countries, and the same situation is happening today- Obvious American support for Israel and quiet Russian support for Iran, for example.

The Israelis should be paying to reconstruct all of Gaza's most basic necessities, water, electricity, and even an well equipped university or hospital, but since I am not knowledgeable in how much Israel makes or how much they get in foreign government handouts (even donations from private sources), I am not sure...but for the US to not give any aid to Gaza would be... well almost criminal or wrong.

Someone has to pay for an car accident... usually, and the Americans seem to be paying for both sides in this case.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
They'd probably just kidnap you for ransom.

They probably would, which is why I wouldn't go there on my free will, but that doesn't mean I don't want their lives to improve.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Ha like we can even afford to be passin out more money like this. O wait, i forgot our country is really good at wasting money that we dont even have...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
We spend over 400 billion on the military every year. The military's goal is to provide security to the country. The improvement to our public relations with the middle east that would come from spending a bit more than a quarter of a percent of our military spending on rebuilding a middle eastern country could well be worth more in terms of security than 1/3 of a B2 bomber (~2.7 billion per unit, including development costs).

Chances are, it won't help anything, besides maybe the odd Palestinian here and there. But it's worth a try. Israel can't get too pissy about it, since they depend, in some measure, on our aid too.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I will admit that I haven't read this entire thread, just the opening few lines.

I will say to the ignorant arrogant pigs who have no problem bankrupting america to keep the war mongering israelis happy by supplying aid, weapons, military harware and cash to this rogue state you should be ashamed of yourselves.

The USA is in trouble by showing blatant bias towards Israel and ignoring the real victims in this its disgusting.

900 million dollars is nothing when you look at the utter devastation caused by US/Israeli bombs to Palestine. Britain declared 3 billion pounds yesterday maybe america feels begrudgingly like it has to look like it is doing something, even though you were the biggest supporters of the destruction.

It truly makes me sad to hear people still linking all those innocent deaths to some crappy rocket attacks. Shame on us all.

Edit to add. By saying you dont want this ;aid money' to go into rebuilding Hamas Infrastructure, please note what Israel defines as Hamas Infrastructure: Total Gaza Destruction from the last Israeli Genocide included:

- 14,000 homes
- 240 schools
- 219 factories
- 1400 killed

[edit on 3-3-2009 by BigC2012]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Once we (the world) have helped to rebuild Palestine, you can be sure that Israel will just bomb it into the ground again.

This is a certainty!

IRM

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

rofl...

how terribly hilarious and sad that is. oh and true... true too.

*cries while huddling in corner*

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
How much more obvious can it get that we fund both sides of wars now? That's nothing compared to the tens of billions of military aid given to Israel. Israel is just one big American base in the middle east.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Question; didn't many of you here WANT the US to step up for Gaza and tell Israel they were wrong? Now it's the opposite? WTF happened?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Whaaaaat??? I thought we were more interested in Israel than Palestine, This may anger the Israelis if some of the money gets to the Hamas in Gaza..

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
The US Dollar will be worthless later this year, so why not?

For me this proves one of two things about the US government:

1. They either know what lurks on the horizon for the economy, and they're just making jokes at our (and Palestine's) expense, or...

2. They're just really, really hopeless at financial matters.

I say 90% #2...10% #1.

Or they are punch drunk from the fumes from the printing press.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Israel gets 3 BILLION dollars a year from the US. Think about that.... 3 Billion!
Gaza is getting a one time assistance of 300 million that is going to be used for Immediate humanitarian needs, like food , water and medical care. It is not being used to rebuild Gaza.

In the 8 years that rockets have been fired from Gaza only 20 people have been killed. Israel just killed about 1300 Palestinians in under two weeks.

Israel broke the ceasefire that started the recent conflict in Gaza, not Hamas. Hamas had ended rocket fire during the ceasefire in accordance with the terms. Israel was supposed to end the economic blockade and failed to do so. Israel then broke the ceasefire and began killing Palestinians. This was reported by all the major news outlets and even Mark Regev, the official israeli spokesman admitted this fact.

Israel helped to create Hamas in the first place as a counterweight to the PLO. Israel wants a divided power structure among Palestinians and that is why the Mossad helped to create Hamas.

Israel has illegally occupied Palestinian territory and that is why Rockets are being fired. It is called freedom fighting. The rockets are home made and do very little damage. It is more symbolic than military in nature. Apartheid was abolished in South Africa because it is racist, yet Israel governs Palestine with a system of Apartheid rule. If you had your land stolen, were forced into concentration camps, were denied basic human rights, and were forced to live under a racist colonial power, you would fight back too.

A well respected world leader and Nobel Peace Prize winner stated "Peace will come when Israel grants to Palestine only that which Israel demands for itself; a right to exist and a nation of their own.
60 years of misery and death have resulted from Israel's basic hypocrisy of demanding recognition while refusing to give it."

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

I agree that israel's stance towards the palestinians is unjust but that doesnt mean the US should have to pay for the damages they caused. Imo the UN should be calling for israel to pay for humanitarian relief programs. The logic just doesnt work for me. cause we give Israel money doesnt mean we should have to pay for the damages they inflict on others. lets take it down to a smaller level. If a Cop shoots a person and injures them should the manufacturer of the gun pay for the medical costs of the injured person? NO!

[edit on 4-3-2009 by TheScale]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join