It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ECON: Working women almost certainly caused the credit crunch

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Also of course, more Consumerism.. much more "spendable income" to create the Consumer Economy..

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
This actually makes perfect sense. Before, you could survive on one income, so single or not, as long as you had a job you were cool. NOW, a single person has to either live at home or with room mates, or they could just throw their entire income into bills like the majority of us do. Or even if your married, you both have to have jobs, if one doesn't, it is very tough. It has gotten so bad that we can no longer save, hence why so many people have turned to credit to help fill the gap and is finally catching up to the market.

And I don't think this is disrepectful or degrading to women at all, whats so wrong with wanting that old school conservative community where family was the glue of society. This moral degradation is hurting us. Errr, s & f!

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Sheeper]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
at the very root I beleive the poster is correct. Although the other posts have good merit I think they missed the point of the story. One of the main reasons things cost more (property, food, and so on) is because it is justified when you have two incomes providing to the support of a household. Actually if you think about it it makes perfect sense to balence the system, so there was a time when a family could survive on one salary. It is quite sad that women lost the pride and gratitude they deserve in return for raising some of americas great men. Feminism has blinded and abused women by creating the womens lib movement. now being a women is not about having a solid man or family, but being a titty flashing, binge drinking, morning after pill taking slut like so many of the female role models out there. I am not saying women are to blame because they have been manipulated to be what they are now. I am just stating that this does need to be recognized as one of the contributers to the fall of our society. And it will definatly be the cornerstone of the new communities we find ourselves in after the world cleanses itself of the evil that is manifesting as we speak.

Hid behind an anonymous name because you're afraid to down-talk women on your ATS account? "Titty flashing, binge drinking, morning after pill taking sluts?" Wow, isn't that a bit judgemental? Out of curiosity, what percentage of women would you put in this category? With a statement like that, I guess hiding behind a scrub account is a bit understandable, but nonetheless still very weak. According to the rules, there's absolutely nothing wrong with this, but I'll always disagree with this method of posting. If you've got an opinion, speak it. Why hide unless you're here for reputation? In which case, you'd be here for all the wrong reasons in the first place. Unfortunately many people misinterperate the reason for this site and place things like popularity ahead of knowledge. It's a damn shame...

- Strype

edit: Sp

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Strype]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strype

"Titty flashing, binge drinking, morning after pill taking sluts?"

Well, I don't know where your from but here in Southern California, I would say these types of girls are the norm, I meen they are everywhere. I was actually just talking to this girl at work today about how many sluts there are in San Diego. And the guys arn't any better. Things just arn't right.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
90% of all consumer purchases are made by women.
Men are seen as a new and emerging market - metro sexuals.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper

Originally posted by Strype

"Titty flashing, binge drinking, morning after pill taking sluts?"

Well, I don't know where your from but here in Southern California, I would say these types of girls are the norm, I meen they are everywhere. I was actually just talking to this girl at work today about how many sluts there are in San Diego. And the guys arn't any better. Things just arn't right.

It is called your (pimp) generation, I guess the females are ajusting for survival...and that's why abortion will become legal...probably mandatory

if this behavior does not stop.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Too stupid for a serious response.

Too scary to ignore.

Too funny.

...I flagged you. Enjoy the ride.

Soficrow, the best way to let # deteriorate in Nature and eventually disappear in grace is to let it in the dark and not bring it right in the middle of the public place, so that people will talk about # and make it stink even more...

In other words, to flag some misogynist stupid post like this is an indirect way support it, as its message will be viewed and thus imposed to the minds of the thousands who come to this site, and thus to bring it as a "worthy" subject of debate is to give it a value that it's not worth being given.

Can this be un-flagged, anyone?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I would have to agree that marketing is absolutely aimed more towards women and I can safely say that we are the more shopping-orientated sex (even though I do know a fair few guys who like to shop as much as any girl)..

But, from a woman's point of view (and I'm not usually a die-hard feminist), but this IS a man's world - women have fought hard for their rights and we're not just going to roll over...

Plus, I don't know if you've noticed, but women can only do so much housework and definitely need other things to do with their time - which does include going on the occasional shopping crusade, so where do you expect that extra money to come from with only one income??

MEN.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
you might as well blame industrialization then....

who do you think was doing the weaving, the sewing, the basketmaking, the candlemaking, the quilting. who do you think was raising the chickens, gathering the eggs, tending the garden?

llike someone on the thread already pointed out, it was always only the rich women who could lay off and not work! women always worked! heck there are million dollar industries now built up around the work that they were originally doing! and as far as all that work providing a disposable income, well, let's see, the women sat at home, they sewed (no need to buy clothing), made candles (no need to buy them either), tended gardens, milked cows, raised chickens, gathered eggs, canned and preserved the harvest//(just think how much that would save on the grocery bill!!), they weaved the fabric as well as the baskets, they quilted their blankets....and whatever wasn't need by the family was sold or bartered for something that was needed for the family!!!

what is killing us is all the middle men that have stepped into the middle...wall street being one of those middle men!! and, by the way, why is it that in most pictures of wall street what you see is a buch of MEN!!!

I think maybe you should think again on this???

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
OMG this is so lame. I can't believe you would put this in writing. Stick to your day job. Please.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Come on, Rockpuck, everyone thought about that at least once, but do we have to consider women as a wartime workforce ?

I tell you, working with women is 10 times better than working with men. Oh, yeah, by the way, I'm a receptionist, a "not-stressful job" as you wrote. Tell that to the 250 people i see per day and as much phone calls. I'm moving to Eire next year , to take an Irishman's job, or maybe an Irishwoman's . So I assume you don't object with that !

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Hi Nikiano.. Modesty aside.. im am that kind of man.. i live alone, i clean, cook, etc.. i was raised to be prepared to do it all by myself.. i dont smoke, drink alchool in large quantities.. well I play WoW (in private servers, free.. not official) but only when i dont have nothing more interesting to do :p.. and yes i like gadgets :p.. but i dont buy a new one every 6 months.. minimum a 2 year span.. And im quite sure that if i was married and with kids they would be my last prioritie.. Ah and final: im taking and paying my Msc.. not for earning more money.. but because i like to learn
so im not the kind of (negative) guy you described..

That said, let me tell you one thing, there arent a lot of women i can be attract upon.. the irony is that it is because they really got into the "man role".. hell they now drink alchool in large quantities, smoke like fireplaces, and are essentially futile!
And the "good" ones.. guess what.. are with that kind of (negative) guy.. thats something i cant understand

Well this is unfortenately the reality in Portugal..

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Picao84]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

My girlfriend is a stay at home mom and i hate it. Her and I both feel that she is trapped. My Mother raised 3 boys by herself while maintaining the house. She even bought her own house. You are just Biased against women.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

While the OP is Correct, The way we now live Can no longer be changed.
Men can and some do, stay at home and do the things woman used to do.
However we cannot change the way it happened, without it being or sounding Sexist. Back then we were happy with things, but the changes since then have generated a race of Gready people with lack of family values, and thus crime and greed have brought about a sub race,
a subrace of non caring people V gready People V Kind & loving people.
Which ever one you are, you will encounter all the others at some point.

The Op's Post Deserves a look, and is not trying to provoke man or woman

Thank you!.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The government is to blame for not doing their jobs and allowing this to happen and if your in the construxction field, 90% of us American contractors can also blame illegal immigrants for our demise.

So in essence I have to give my darling wife all the praise she deserves for maintaining us in this current circumstance.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67

Females Responsible For Govt Crisis-Revoke Their Right To Vote!

Don't get my hopes up!

Second line.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Alora, this is correct, in America we have not been able to sustain a family with one income since the 1960's.

And I am not saying the way to fix the economy is to fire every woman. I am also not blaming women for the economic crisis. I am referencing historically, and the article is referencing historically for Ireland.

This is a conspiracy site. I have felt for years that it was a conspiracy to drive women out of the home an thus begin the slow erosion or our culture.

The divorce rate skyrocketed. Costs skyrocketed. Debt skyrocketed. People became slaves to money. Birth rates dropped. It has had effects that can hardly be measured at a glance.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

yes, but what drove the women out of the homes was that industrialization came along and snatched their jobs from them!! they were creating income at home through the weaving, the sewing, candle making, ect.....
till industrialization came along....

so, well, you want to give up those nice lucritive industries and give them back to the women now?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
We are yet to see the nightmare of a generation of children raised by childcare!

Never before in history has an entire generation of children been without their mothers like the situation we have today. I for one believe a mother AT HOME for the child's first nine years of life is of the utmost importance.

Yet here we are today, women have got their rights at the cost of their children. Someone had to suffer the consequences and that buck was passed onto children. Raised by day care centers across the land.

The results? no one quite knows the full impact this will have as yet - but the signs are not good! Already behavioral problems in children are at an all time high. Science will offer drugs to combat behavior, and many blame diet and lifestyle. But make no mistake, children raised in this manner is NOT good (for the child), and we will all see the consequences of this in the future.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I have alway had the viewpoint that equal rights for woman was a very intelligent form of control created by men against women yet again.

Political correctness stops you from saying this even in your own home without a slipper hitting your head

I do not think that women in the workplace was the cause but it did have an effect, another way to get productivity up would be to do the exact same thing with kids which is distrubing in the least but possible.

Nothing would surprise me.

Makes me wonder about this civil service idea Mr President has floating around.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join