It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama DOJ Defies Federal Judge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Obama DOJ Defies Federal Judge

washingtonindependent.com

Late on Friday, the Justice Department’s lawyers filed a brief with a federal district court in California challenging the court’s power to carry out its own order. The government lawyers insisted that the court has no right to make available to the opposing lawyers in the case a classified document regarding the Bush administration’s warrantless wiretapping program, even though the document is critical to the lawsuit, the lawyers can obtain the necessary top-secret security clearances, and the document would not be released publicly.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I say make the document public no reason why the court cant know now that theres a public hearing. The most distrbing part has to be here.

"“It’s a not-so-thinly veiled threat to send executive branch authorities (the FBI? the Army?) to Judge Walker’s chambers to seize the classified material from his files!” wrote Jon Eisenberg, Al-Haramain’s lawyer, in an e-mail on Saturday. “In my view, that would be an unprecedented violation of the constitutional separation of powers. I doubt anything like it has happened in the history of this country.”

Falcon

washingtonindependent.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I can see why the federal judges wouldn't want the secrets released.

They don't want us to know what the NWO is planning.

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out... I agree that these Bush memoes NEED to be revealed to the public. We need to know what happened.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I don't see where the controversy lies-

Not only does that defy the court once again, but there’s a catch: the court already has the document, which was filed months ago under seal. What’s more, the lawyers for Al-Haramain have already seen it; it was inadvertently turned over to them back in 2004, when the government was busy trying to prove that Al-Haramain was funnelling money to terrorists. Weeks later, the government, realizing its mistake, sent FBI agents to the lawyers’ offices to retrieve the document. But the cat was out of the bag: the lawyers had seen evidence that the foundation, and two of its lawyers, had been wiretapped. And that same document has already been filed, along with several other classified, sealed and secret filings, with the U.S. district court.

top topics

join