It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't think it was ufo but it was weird to me...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
First of all, sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language...
I don't know if this thread is for here ...

Here some pics I took with my phone last noverber 6th... well, it's definitely not a UFO but it was realy weird ... I think it was a plane, flying in circles but have no idea why. I live ot a small island in North sea, and I haven’t seen many planes flying arownd... the airport is far enough,so I don't think it was waiting for a landing permition.

it lasted more than 3 hours.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by iasenko]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
It is a UFO because it is unidentified, in the air, and what seems to be a real object.

I don't know why a plane would circle like that, but I thought I'd give your topic a response so hopefully some of the experts will have a look and help you out

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I looked at it earlier today and I have no ideas. Maybe someone with some knowledge can tell what is going on in the photo.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The contrails could have been made by an electronic reconnaissance aircraft such as an E-3:

or an aerial tanker:

or some other military aircraft flying a mission which would require them to stay in a specific location for a period of time.

[edit on 3/2/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by iasenko

Hi, iasenko.

If ever you see that again, try to see how close, or far behind
the plane, the trail(s) form(s).

If it is distant, like 150-300' behind the engines, it is a CONtrails.
If it is RIGHT at the plane, it is a CHEMtrail(s).

The last (s) is because, some times, a 2 engine plane
makes ONE chemtrail. . . B-)

Blue skies.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
From the year 1990 to the year 2001 contrails/chemtrails were never seen. I traveled the entire US with a camera crew filming survival shows. Only after 2001 did I start noticing these trails. Watch out for the disinfo agents.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Gouki

Heeere, we go.

That's interesting. According to some "chemtrail" authorities, they started being made in 1997:
web.archive.org...

Or is it 1999?
web.archive.org...

Or could it have been 1918?

The Rainbow Division, on the morning of October 10, 1918, was lying in what had at one time been a wood just back of Montfaucon. The sky was clear except for a few fleecy clouds to the northwest. Three airmen came from the northwest and passed almost over our regiment, continuing on to the southeast. Behind each machine was a trail of white, which at first sight appeared to be smoke resulting from poor engine combustion, but which upon more careful observation proved too wide to have been caused by smoke. Perhaps the strangest thing of all was the fact that when the planes reached a certain point in the sky the rainbow (sundog) colors became distinctly visible.
contrailscience.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Awesome Contrail , looks pretty. Usually UFO's don't leave vapor trails so i wouldn't think that was caused by one , but rather just a plane.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Yea, I was thinking it was probably a plane flying in circles having fun, or perhaps leaving chemtrails?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The contrails could have been made by an electronic reconnaissance aircraft such as an E-3:

or an aerial tanker:

or some other military aircraft flying a mission which would require them to stay in a specific location for a period of time.

[edit on 3/2/2009 by Phage]

come on Phage, you can certainly do better than that!
we all know ALL aircraft have to fly vectors, NOT circles!
or better yet, why would an E-3 even be flying around the city?? TOTALLY waste of tax payer money and wast of military resources!!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Who said anything about a city? The OP says he lives on an island in the North Sea and is far from an airport. The North Sea is a very likely location for maneuvers. Do you think training is a waste of money? Do you think the military never "wastes" money? It's called a racetrack pattern and both tankers and AWACS flights use it.

Now, it could have been aircraft in a holding patterns for the distant airport (holding patterns can carry planes pretty far from their destination, or upper level winds could cause the contrails to drift). But the OP does think it was a single plane circling for 3 hours. I took that into account.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Perhaps it was a Typhoon doing target dog fight practice?
Does that seem plausible to you?It would explain the erratic circling.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'm going with chemtrails..... looks like even you aren't safe on a beautiful Island.

There killing us all I'm tellin" ya!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Not chemtrails, just contrails. Military aircraft frequently make random maneuvers such as this in controlled airspace. What I don't know is whether or not this is a military operating area (MOA). If it's in the North Sea area, then it could likely be that.

So, yes it's a UFO because we cannot identify the specific type of flying object that made the contrails, but I am very certain that it was a military aircraft of earthly origin.

But...keep looking skyward. You never know what you will find. Even though I'm sure these were caused by a military aircraft, they're cool pictures.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

These patterns are cool because they are perfect 360 degree patterns. In normal holding patterns, we fly the outbound leg either 1 to 1.5 minutes straight and level before we begin the turn in the opposite direction (though here in the States, I always ask for 10 mile legs when I have to hold). So they should look like a racetrack oval. We do adjust for winds, so if this were a holding pattern in a high wind situation, it could look like a circle. The aircraft would be orbiting over the same geographic point and the contrails would be drifting downwind.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
thx ppl
Maybe it is a military operating area I don't know ...the only other weird thing i remeber is this :
natural phenomenon
Anticrepuscular Rays

storage1.album.bg...

storage1.album.bg...

storage1.album.bg...

storage1.album.bg...

storage1.album.bg...

storage1.album.bg...

you can see here that the light from the sun is coming form begind
exactly opposite to this weird light..

storage1.album.bg...

thanks to everyone

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Could just be a plane in a holding pattern waiting to land or a signwriter practiscing their circles. And trust me, to the poster who said no contrails existed before 1990 thats a load of rubbish. I saw them in the 80s and many well before that.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Ok, this is strange. I saw an airplane creating a similar, circular contrail today.
It occurred just south of Ann Arbor, MI at around 7:00pm 3/23/09.

The airplane was flying very high, probably at or near cruising altitude (30,000 - 40,000 feet) on an easterly heading . It made a single, perfectly circular contrail of about 10 - 15 miles in diameter, then resumed its course.

I'm absolutely sure that the plane wasn't in a holding pattern, it was much to high to be in a holding pattern for the nearest airport (DTW).

I don't buy into the chemtrail conspiracy. Could it have possibly been an emergency fuel dump?

Any pilots out there in ATSland with any insight into this event?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
There are many reasons why airplanes hold or orbit around a point. Since the aircraft was creating contrails, I would assume it was high enough (above 18,000 feet) to be in FAA Class A airspace. All planes in this area are required to fly in accordance with published instrument flight procedures and are subject to air traffic control clearances.

Without more details, or having been able to monitor the controlling agency's frequency, the reason for the circle is anyone's guess. It could have been a timing turn to make an arrival time further down the road, it could have been (as you guessed) an aircraft dumping gas in order to lighten his weight for an emergency landing, or it could have been directed by air traffic control to guarantee proper spacing between aircraft along the same flight path.

Here's a link to a neat video depicting world-wide air traffic during a 24 hour period. I only add this to show that there are MANY airplanes in the sky at one time, so it's basically like searching for a needle in a haystack to find out why one did an orbit.

24 Hour World Wide Air Traffic
Neat Depiction of Stateside IFR Air Traffic

note: I just found this depiction of stateside air traffic as well. Thought I would add it to show how many aircraft are operating under instrument flight rules per day.

[edit on 3/26/2009 by JoeBarna]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeBarna
Without more details, or having been able to monitor the controlling agency's frequency, the reason for the circle is anyone's guess. It could have been a timing turn to make an arrival time further down the road, it could have been (as you guessed) an aircraft dumping gas in order to lighten his weight for an emergency landing, or it could have been directed by air traffic control to guarantee proper spacing between aircraft along the same flight path.

Thanks for the reply. I agree, probably no way to know for sure.

If it were just an aircraft timing or spacing issue though, wouldn't it be simpler, and less expensive in terms of fuel, to either throttle back a bit or to just punch up a new ETA in the aircraft's flight management system?

new topics

top topics

join