Crisis? What Crisis?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thank you - respects to you as well for a topic that needs cognitive momentum.

The answer, in my view, resides in the way humans think, and how we need to at least observe that. The nature of that task can be described two ways by any one person alive today - profoundly simple or heinously impossible.

We need to realize that modern day culture (the child of the paradigm) is not necessarily our friend, and neither are the ones who seek to prolong its course - as we value the culture more than its host.

I want us to succeed, and know we can - but that doesn’t mean we have to.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I dont deny that there are many things wrong in the society today and we should not work like slaves. I understand how people may refuse a job but in this day and age, a job is quickly becoming a luxury.
I also believe that this crisis is actually a good thing, as it will open many eyes and hopefully it will bring some overdue changes to this world.

I only disagree to your view and denial of this crisis when it is pretty obvious that we are neck deep into it and arent out of the woods yet. I am in a working class environment and people are tightening belts and hanging onto their jobs the best they can.

I see where you are coming from but it is not nice to tell people that they are misguided when they are struggling to feed their kids or put petrol in their gas tank.

Please check out this link:
uspoverty.change.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
I only disagree to your view and denial of this crisis when it is pretty obvious that we are neck deep into it and arent out of the woods yet. I am in a working class environment and people are tightening belts and hanging onto their jobs the best they can.

Im not denying problems exist, Im denying they are new.

Im not denying problems exist, Im denying that fear will solve them.

Im not denying problems exist, Im denying that the mass-media has been helpful in overblowing them continually on the 8 oclock news since I was born. I also think msm is mis-portraying all poor people as miserably unhappy

And that a society based on consumerism and working for someone elses goals as its highest ideals is destined to fail.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

It's high time the sheeple woke up and demanded The Venus Project from governments since governments issue FREE money for governments themselves and cabals.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

I feel personally that this "manufactured crisis" is perhaps their most foolish move yet. For they truly underestimate us, and have a niave belief that all their MC has worked.

One of the very interesting things nature has, in her infinite wisdom, provided humanity with is that the younger people have faster, much more accurate brains, while the elderly members of the tribe have a much larger information horizon than the youngsters - they just know a lot more because they've simply lived longer ... so, it all sort of evens out.

Of course this arrangement is very wise of Nature, for we all know that the elders would certainly be killed by the youngsters in their sleep if they did not have all that experience locked inside their heads to help the tribe survive ...

My point is this - I don't think you've lived quite long enough to understand the profound truth of the following maxim - "Never underestimate the stupidity of the human race!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

You asked:
"Why have we, as a society, given up making our own food and housing? "

we as a society have become lazy simple as that.

I grew up on a farm. If you beleive for one minute the romantic idea that it's all that and a cup of tea. yer wrong.
When your not mending fences, chasing pigs that escaped or shoveling horse/cow shift. theres wood to be cut and split for the winter, fruits and veggies to be prepped and canned for storage. long days out in the feilds pulling weeds and making sure you get your water rites.
you work (if your lucky) 16 hrs a day for no wage just food and shelter.
A "job" at least garantees that you only work 8 hrs a day with weekends off. If you have to work overtime you get paid time and a half.
you get vaction days and sick leave. Try that on a farm.
Also you can goto the grocery store instead of going out to the barn and sharpening the axe.
This is just my experience. i'm sure that others have had a better time of it, but in the desert of california it's none stop dark to dark and no weekends off no vacations.
I couldn't wait to get to the city and get a job. It's WAY easier.
Now in retrospect i supose i'll be moving back to the farm to do all that hard work and teach my kids how to be self sufficient.
Wether we have been in a crisis for years or months is mute to me. we are in a crisis. People are waking up to it and it's a rude awakining in my opinion.
Thanx for the post very good read

[edit on 3-3-2009 by nomadicstone]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I think the idea of this crisis is what is being proposed. The crisis is real but not to the extent believed IMO and perhaps this crisis is something different than what is portrayed. TPTB are setting the crisis up or are making us think there is a crisis and structuring it to seem that way so that their initial plans will be able to be enacted. Regardless of whether or not it is real, it is enacted as a means to gain worldwide dominance and potentially establish the NWO.

I have 3 friends without jobs now due to the economics as of late.
This event is unfolding but it is being setup.

Most of the so called terrorist acts and previous wars have been staged to allow for our country to gain more control over us. As they seem to many to be otherwise it is not so after further investigation. What if this crisis is the same process?

Welcome to reality.....

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Floydshayvious
We need to realize that modern day culture (the child of the paradigm) is not necessarily our friend, and neither are the ones who seek to prolong its course - as we value the culture more than its host.

And even if its been our friend up to now, evolving means to even leave behind our most cherished beliefs and try out something different - sometimes radically different...

Rather than trying to build a new house on a piece of land on which the ruins of an old house still reside...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by N3krostatic

Whether its "the terrorist threat" or "economic threat" its all the same message: "You amount to nothing and need us to care for you".

So the crisis may indeed be something different than we are told it is...or have more sinister purposes.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I agree with you on many of your pionts, I think this could open alot of peoples minds. For all the people that over extended themselfs to keep up with the johnes and have there mcmansion in the burbs it could be a good life lesson. The ones I feel for though are the older people that have worked there entire life doing whats right putting money in there 401k ect so they weren't dependent on government aid now all of a sudden it has been reduced considerabley and they are looking at many more years of toil, but lifes tough.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Its been a nice conversation. Thank you all.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by angst18

These despondent neighbourhoods and workers you speak of were here all along. They didnt just pop up out of nowhere because of this "crisis".

On a global scale we`ve been in a crisis since thousands of years, the most noteworthy being mass-starvation in the third world.

I don't think you considered the content of my posting carefully or even that of your own original thesis. I wasn't saying that the ghettos are a result of the current crisis, I was saying that those in them won't embrace a move toward a agricultural lifestyle. I was saying that there will be riots, looting and rapes in the face of civil unrest.

Human nature, by and large, is opportunistic. In the third world countries you have juntas, mass genocide, and the complete inability to live in a self-sustaining manner. No fresh water, no way of purifying what water exists. Soil erosion that prevents the sowing of crops, diseases raging unchecked etc....

Why do you think it would be different here?

You seem to think that strife and an end to mindless hours of entertainment will somehow eradicate humanity's predilection for oppression... why?

Maybe most Americans aren't aware that the 3rd world carries the brunt of the cost of our quality of life, but I'm willing to bet that even if they knew, they wouldn't really care. I mean, I could pretend I do, but I'm still going to buy that $4 mocha tomorrow even though children are dying of dysentery in Africa. I'm still going to watch a Netflix copy of The Wire tonight...

And this is the society that you think will be at it's BEST in a crisis...psh... don't hold your breath.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by angst18

"An Agricultural Lifestyle" is certainly not the proposal of my OP. Its rather one example of self-sufficiency, not an overall solution. Nor would I suggest that to the group of people you refer to.

What I would or would not suggest would depend on which class I am talking to.

My intent for this thread was to question the mass-consensus of hopelessness. It is precisely that apathy that will lead to more of what you are warning of.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

You are exactly right. What better way to impose totalitarianism when the people you "control" are scared and willing to give up freedoms so that all the "mess" will go away. I wonder what this government and MSM would do if We the People just went on and ignored the doomsday propaganda or stood up and said as a people "We run this country not you, and we are not afraid to take it back!"

I always love your posts, thank you.

Gnosis111

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

OK, I haven't read the entire thread yet. But I'm going to reply anyway to you and to Stevemgu.
I'm a Realtor and have been listing foreclosures for over a year now. When these homes are assigned to me and they are still occupied, the bank's eviction attorneys negotiate a Cash For Keys deal: if the occupants leave the home "broom clean"and the stove, dishwasher, garbage disposal intact they will receive a check for a negotiated amount as relocation assistance. That's where I come in. I am the one who makes the appointment to verify the condition of the property and give them their check and take their keys.
In every case, they have been families with small children, tearful wives, and desparate husbands. I do what I can. Sometimes I stay in touch with them and when I can, hire them for work. Sometimes I go out to my car as they are leaving and cry my eyes out.
One of my best friends who volunteers at her church's food banks and soup kitchens. Just a couple of days ago she was talking about the rising numbers of homeless families they feed and house and how they need to double their facilities to meet the demand.
I really believe that it wasn't (isn't) only greed that got us in this mess. It was greed combined with a lack of compassion. an arrogance, and a level of ignorance that lead to an assumption that the poor are lazy, the homeless are mentally ill, that anyone who can't make it just doesn't get it and somehow deserving of their pain. Not that we felt their pain, we just didn't believe they were in pain. Or that it was a pain of their own making and less desrrving of our compassion.
If you haven't been touched or don't know of anyone who has been touched by this economic disaster, may I encourage you to find out for yourself if it is real? Volunteer at a soup kitchen or hang out with a realtor friend for a couple of days.
I apologize for the length of the post and if I have given offense, it's not intended. I'm a big fan of your threads Skyfloating.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Reply from SkyFloating
"Im not denying problems exist, Im denying they are new."

"Im not denying problems exist, Im denying that fear will solve them. "

I think everyone needs to remember the above.

I tend to agree. These problems were always here.

Perhaps the media is hyping it up and perhaps politicians are taking advantage of this.

I also agree, fear will not solve these problems, they will only make it worse.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by darcon]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

His point is that you shouldn't be so dependent that you have to rely on a job to survive. That is your own fault.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Well I tend to take Warren Buffett's word for it in regards to the
article he was quoted in for the Wall Street Journals Marketwatch.

1 year ago Buffett warns of 100's of trillions in derivatives set to collapse

The guy over at the International forecaster went into depth on it
and explained that they took the debt from various "products" and
spun it off into a derivative and hid it on the UNREGULATED OTC market
so the SEC would not have any view into what was being done.

The OTC market shell game with trillions in derivatives

The bernie mad(e)off mess was just a tiny glimpse into that world,
and now 1 year after that warning by Buffett the mess has
grown to an eye popping 1,000 trillion with a "T".

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Thats the attitude that will turn this "crisis" into a blessing in disguise.

Attitude surely helps, but what is coming has been planned for
a long time, and not much has been left to chance.

Read my other post concerning the magnitude of the derivatives
mess and what it will do to what is left of the economy.

China will not be happy when our T-bills are equated to junk bonds.

Neither will japan.

A fire sale on US T-bills and the dollar being unpegged as the
exchange currency for petro purchases will snow ball.

Bernie Mad(e)off was just a leak in the dike that is soon to fail.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

"Im not denying problems exist, Im denying they are new."

The following questions asked of an 8 year old boy in India point out that this statement is quite true. The "problems" have been around since time immortal and as stated earlier 'fear' wont solve them.

Many are willing to point our fingers at the gov, "NWO" or some other buggieman when in fact three fingers point back at ourselves. Should we have been more diligent and corrected things as soon as we noticed there was an obvious error? Well...yes but we didn't.

Then next question is; was it planed? That is a yes and no. They planed it but now it might be a little bigger than expected. So we find ourselves stuck with the same questions as an 8 year old boy in India was. Will your answers be the same?

Questions asked of an 8 year old boy in India.

“What are you doing?”
“I go to school.”

“Why do you go to school?”
“To Study.”

“Why do you study?”
“To get smart.”

“Why do you want to get smart?”
“So I can get a good job.”

“Why do you want to get a good job?”
“So I can make lots of money.”

“Why do you want to make lots of money?”
“So that I can buy food.”

“Why do you want to buy food?”
“So I can eat.”

“Why do you want to eat?”
“To live.”

“Why do you live?”

At this point the little boy thought for a minute, scratched his head and said, “Sir, why do I live?” He paused a moment in mid-thought, then gave his sad answer, “To die!”

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum