It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater founder, CEO resigns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Blackwater founder, CEO resigns

www.cnn.com

Erik Prince, founder of the Blackwater Worldwide security firm, announced Monday he has resigned as head of the company, recently renamed Xe.

Prince, in an e-mail to employees and independent contractors, said Danielle Esposito will become chief operating officer and executive vice president. Esposito has worked for the firm and its partners for nearly 10 years.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-3-2009 by maxweljames]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
They don't mention any scandle that lead to this resignation, simply that he is moving on. I think he's getting out before Blackwater folds it's doors. When they are forced to pull out of Iraq later this year it's going to cause massive layoffs in that company. They're probably hoping that they've diversified what they offer enough to keep them afloat. I've heard their police training camps are pretty good.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Don't worry Ze will get plenty of business this summer if everything goes to heck and the poo hits the proverbial fan.

Now the question is can I resist the 60 to 75 thousand dollar annual salary.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Don't worry Ze will get plenty of business this summer if everything goes to heck and the poo hits the proverbial fan.

Now the question is can I resist the 60 to 75 thousand dollar annual salary.

Hell. I want in. I'll either join up with them or Triple-Canopy. I'm good with a .45 handgun. Let alone a Glock 9mm. And I can use a rifle too--no problem.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I have talked to Prince's son, Erik Prince Jr, a couple of times in the recent months and from what I could gather I am not surprised about his. Blackwater is going down the drain fast but that doesn't mean the other contractors are screwed. The new thing is intelligence contracting I guess. Or it was a few years ago. Xe? What kind of name is that? Seriously why not actually try and sound intimidating.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Xe? why does that sound suspiciously Chinese.

i wonder who the principal shareholders of blackwater are?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nastalgik
I have talked to Prince's son, Erik Prince Jr, a couple of times in the recent months and from what I could gather I am not surprised about his. Blackwater is going down the drain fast but that doesn't mean the other contractors are screwed. The new thing is intelligence contracting I guess. Or it was a few years ago. Xe? What kind of name is that? Seriously why not actually try and sound intimidating.

Xe is the abbreviation for "Xenon".

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Blackwater looks to rebrand, change its name

Blackwater Worldwide, the controversial private-security firm based in North Carolina, is changing its tarnished name in an effort to rebrand a battered reputation.
The parent company, Blackwater Worldwide, has been renamed Xe. Blackwater Lodge & Training Center -- the subsidiary that conducts much of the company's overseas operations and domestic training -- has been renamed U.S. Training Center Inc., reports the Associated Pres.

Found this with a simple google search, looks like they are just trying to hide from their past under a new name.

Mod Edit: Use External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/3/2009 by Hal9000]

new topics

top topics

join