It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victoria Police issue statewide fire SMS and Twitter alerts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Victoria Police issue statewide fire SMS and Twitter alerts

blogs.smh.com.au

Victoria Police have taken the unprecedented step of sending a text message to every mobile phone in the state, warning of extreme weather conditions on Monday night and Tuesday.

Considering that a mobile phone is something almost everyone carries in their pocket at all times, it would seem an obvious extra channel for reaching people - obviously in conjunction with traditional newspapers, television and radio alerts. The police have even embraced Twitter, although this will be more useful once Twitter re-enables its SMS features in Australia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Classic "Problem - Reaction - Solution" from TPTB (NWO) how could they not pass up the opportunity to let us all know at any time they can pass on "warnings" and "fear" alerts.

I subscribe to free choice, and those that want this service should be able to have police alerts. However I am appalled that my freedom of choice in such a manner has been violated - and to those that will state "it is for your own benefit/health" I say NO. I myself do NOT want these Big Brother blatant pushes for a "safer and more secure" environment. Appalled.

wZn

blogs.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Having lost friends in the recent fires, I applaude the new system of sending a warning to residents via their mobile phones. My friends were killed when the fires raced towards them at incredible speed. They had no warning that the fire was approaching them and had no chance of escape.
If this new system help to save lives by informing everyone of the approaching danger then I'm all for it. As for nominating to not recieve these messages, those people will be the ones who get rescuers killed trying to save them because they get caught in the fire.
Three cheers for the emergancy messages!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragon33

So how long do you think before they start sending red alerts and orange alerts from potential "terrorists"?

You must step back from the emotion driven media machine to understand the real reason for doing this.

As I stated before : a system where you CAN nominate your phone to accept these 'warnings' should be in place. However mandatory IS a big brother tactic, and people should wake up to this fact.

wZn

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
so i guess you see what im saying then?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford

Actually I don't lol....
Can you expand a little.

wZn

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
sorry. another cartoon style magic trick, to get the people to eat what they hand out. "hey its good to have an early warning big brother system" again...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
There are laws preventing this in Western Australia at the moment.

So does that mean your NWO is only in Victoria? sounds a bit silly really...

Anyway I think it's a good idea, as long as the system doesn't get abused.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
reply to post by Dragon33

You must step back from the emotion driven media machine to understand the real reason for doing this.

As I stated before : a system where you CAN nominate your phone to accept these 'warnings' should be in place. However mandatory IS a big brother tactic, and people should wake up to this fact.

wZn

Like I aslo stated before, it is the peolpe choosing not to be warned who will get resue people killed trying to get them out.
As for me listening to the "emotion driven media machine" and you inferance that I do not understand...
Is that how you intend to defend your view? Accuse me of listening to the media and saying I don't understand? Seriously, is that the best you've got?
I was in the Ash wednesday fires as a rescue worker, I lost friends in the recent fires, I have other friends without homes, and you dare to suggest I dont understand the problem? If Big Brother wants to let me know there is a 50 foot high wall of fire heading for me at breakneck speed, then so be it... I welcome being told.
It is you my friend who does not understand the dangers of having uninformed people in the danger areas. That is what gets people killed.
Stay safe, Cheers.

top topics

join