It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Worlds: The Universe Within

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
As the ancient Hermetic principle goes: "As Above, So Below", I often wondered if our universe isn't just one big feedback loop, meaning there's no boundary in outer space, and none in 'inner space'.
When you see a picture of outer space, basically a bunch of balls orbiting around in a vast space of seemingly nothingness, doesn't it remind you of how similar it must look on a molecular level, where the space between electrons and nucleus is also proportionally huge?

Well, I stumbled upon this website, which shows a slide show starting in outer space, and ending at a microscopic image of a leave on a tree on earth:

View the Milky Way at 10 million light years from the Earth. Then move through space towards the Earth in successive orders of magnitude until you reach a tall oak tree just outside the buildings of the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory in Tallahassee, Florida. After that, begin to move from the actual size of a leaf into a microscopic world that reveals leaf cell walls, the cell nucleus, chromatin, DNA and finally, into the subatomic universe of electrons and protons.

Check it here: The Universe Within

Pretty mindblowing if you ask me, and potentially significant when contemplating ideas like Eternity, Infinity, the Big Bang, Creation, etc. etc. etc...

Where the heck are we?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
i remember thinking this when i was alot younger, and another thread about the universe being an atom, i think. pretty cool

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
these factors contribute to a view of science entitled 'MetaPhysics' , eternity infinity creation are only contenplatable in a philosphipcal level as opposed to scientic since one cannot quantify these concepts on a level of the human comprehension that mankind currently runs off of. one goes insane trying to contemplate such concepts to the fullest intesity.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Yes, we are living inside a living being. Is it such a surprise? Is it really such a big surprise that we are so small we can never comprehend just how tiny we really are? I mean is it REALLY such a surprise that we, living beings are a cancer?

I mean #, the answers are right in front of your face, to understand the universe you have to understand the smallest particles such as atoms, electrons, neutrons and protons.

Maybe the universe is the inside of a living being? Do you ever wonder why the universe is expanding? Well it's not, it's actually growing. The big bang was when the universe was conceived. Perhaps we are just a nucleus or something, but no wonder space is so dark. Anyone else ever think of something like this? Like how do we honestly know there's not something on the outside of the universe? It's like we're bacteria(humans) on huge electrons(earth and other planets) spinning around a nucleus(Sun).

Atomic structure acts using quantum physics upon the same grounds and pattern than solar systems follow due to gravity and inertia. Solar systems revolve around a galaxy using the same theory and physics of gravity as atoms and solar systems. Galaxies revolve around each other using the same theory, and entire galaxies of galaxies do the same. So allow us to scale infinitly up as from the most tiny quantum particle to the largest galaxy the same forces hold sway, their patterns are the same, and they appear to move in the same path logic. Therefore it can be assumed that the universe itself revolves around something else, following the same logical condition that every other atom in ours currently follows.

Chances are, we're just bacteria, we symbolize cancer perfectly. We destroy and industralize everything we can get our hands on. We kill each other, other "bacteria" along with the planet itself. We find ways to live and adapt because we have the need and will to survive. This fits in with the universe being the inside of a living being, mainly because we have bacteria on ourselves, we can develop cancer, which slowly moves on to other parts of our bodies and then kills us, which ultimately destroys all we are as the bacteria eats away at us, reducing us to nothing but dust. This could be explained in the universe, we could just be cancer, we're small right now, not that advanced, but soon we will move on and start colonizing space, and eventually start spreading which is exactly what cancer does. All we really are is just intelligent bacteria,

You're standing on a the earth, with crazy numbers of planets/stars surrounding you at huge distances apart. Imagine if a proton/neutron was a the earth, and there was a really small person standing on that proton. From there, the person would see what we see when we look up. What if the earth is just a proton is an absolutely huge world? What if each proton as we know them is made up of crazy numbers of sub particles of which one could have ridiculously small people standing on them?

pics.livejournal.com...

It is the image of a braincell with the theoretical image of the universe next to it. This causes many questions to arrive. What if our universe is merely a brain cell in the mind of a greater being? Assuming this, that would mean there are billions of other universes making up this one mind. Then, what if there are billions of other being living together in a world like ours, each with these universe like brain cells in their head? And they live in a universe like our own which is the brain cell of another being and so on, and so on?

Now on a reverse scale, what if each of our brain cells are their own universe with being like us in it who have brain cells which are smaller universes with beings and so on and so on. What if this was all true? What if the being in which we exist is our god which controls everything? What if we ourselves are gods of billions of other universes and we subconsciously control them? Are our dreams a gateway to the lives of these smaller beings? Does this mean that there is essentially an infinite scale of universes within minds going both ways? And then what about other influences outside of the brain such as medications and drugs? Could these possibly change the workings of these universes forever, and could these changes happen to the being we exist in?

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Deus Ex Machina 42]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I see things much the same way, except I don't think think we are a cancer at all times, or that that's something negative.
Life springs from Death and vise versa, it's the eb and flow of things, which is actually also a hermetic principle...

I tend to believe there is ultimately One consciousness that permeates all matter,
and that it is our physical body and physical memories of all the input we've received through our physical senses that create the illusion of being an individual when we are awake and 'logged in' to our physical body...

That when we dream we are much less attached to our physical memory and therefore can hardly interpret our dreams once we are awake again. Some call this the Ego or the Operating system of our body. I think this is what you describe in your signature as well.

As far as the universe expanding and having a boundary, I'm not sure what to think of that. There's a .gif I've seen that shows how expansion and compression could be intertwined in a feedback loop, creating kind of a donut shaped "All"...

I'll see if I can find it and post it here later.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Microcosim.
Second Line

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Indeed, there is a Macrocosm and a Microcosm, but what I'm wondering is if there are boundaries on each side of the spectrum (large & small) or do they meet up at their extremes and just loop?

BTW: I found the .gif that does a pretty good job at illustrating what that kind of loop could "look like", and discovered it's part of a DVD I need to watch.

Here's the trailer, with the .gif I was talking about at about 1:45:

Anyway, what fascinates me is the dodecahedron you see in one of the pictures of the slideshow in the OP, which is to my understanding a platonic solid, which I learned from reading up on 'sacred geometry'.
I mean, what the heck is that doing there, and what is it?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

Then potentially every time we think a thought, it actually does manifest it self somewhere in the universe in which our mind has created. That is why thoughts are so powerful and everything we think actually does happen, but might not happen directly to us but within our own personal universe. which all happen to be connected to eachother.

Would this mean that we are our own creator !?????????!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I think we actually are the Creator, but while we are awake and 'online' with our brain the Creator awareness is reduced to a glimmer or what they sometimes call the spark of God. But perhaps even while that is going on, our higher intelligence from which we only grasp a spark is well aware of everything.

Meditating can reduce the frequencies of the brain and that effect is associated with daydreaming, dreaming, out of body experiences, or even enlightenment, even if it is only temporary.

I was actually really into lucid dreaming myself when I was younger, and had a couple of those "wow, I see, I understand!!!" moments only to have them fade like darkness flees from light upon awakening. I think we can't have it both ways: experience the ultimate One consciousness awareness and be in a waking sober human state.

But yeah, getting back to the title of the thread and that site, there are vast spaces within ourselves, perhaps even entire universes, perhaps even just as much as there is "outside" of us!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Thats some really good stuff there mate, I have also thought about that numerous times and came to the same conclusion that the video and other ATS'rs came up with. Star and a Flag for you....

new topics

top topics

join