It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla: underrated greatness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I was thinking about Tesla and their music earlier today and thought I'd make it a thread. How many of you rockers from the '80's and '90's remember jamming to the hard rock-a-billy sound of these guys??

Love Song

Gettin' Better

Seriously underrated!!!

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Why do you have to be from the 80's-90's?

I was born in 1990, and I love Tesla.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Akherousia

I guess I meant teenage or adult "rockers" from the '80's or '90's. Certainly no offense meant to those who developed an appreciation for their music later on.

Rock on!

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Certainly happier days, with some of the best kickass Rock ever made.

May those happy days come again, with the same musical feelings expressed back then.

Tesla captured the mood perfectly.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 3-3-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Nah, I know
I was just joking

I don't take any offense to it whatsoever. I'm annoyed by it, but that's only because that statement is far more true than I'd like it to be. People my age are more concerned about Soulja Boy and Katy Perry than people who write their own music, and actually do it well. It irritates me to no end.

I don't mind people having different opinions. Infact, my music tastes are rather diverse. But 90% of the stuff people my age listen to isn't even sincere. I don't want to hear some teen girl sing some song a 40 year old guy wrote for her to play. Or some teen turd who thinks he's a rapper talking about jerkin' off on some chick. It's just ridiculous..

I can count the people who actually appreciate music that I've met on one hand. Truly sad. But oh well, they're missing out.

but yeah man, no offense taken.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Wow...not many bands that are recommended to me, do I actually like.

Going to have to look into Tesla a bit more. Sure sounds like an 80's rock band to me.

Good guitar solos.
Good singer.
Great message.

The stuff nowadays seems to only have 1/3 of those...2/3 if you are lucky.

I only listened to love song, lets hope the others are just as good.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by FritosBBQTwist]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Those songs are ok, but here's my favorite Tesla music video.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

Because they ARE an 80's rock band.

I've noticed that with the 'rock' that's on the radio today, the music isn't consistent. I'll be impressed by an awesome intro, and get my hopes up for a good song all the way around. Then the music dies down to some predictable chords and or clean work with boring whiny vocals over it. Blah.

top topics

join