It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy: Are we witnessing a planned collapse of the free press of America?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mdiinican

The popularity of papers doesn't depend on free speech. The reason they are in crisis is because they were pursuing an easy gain from the least educated group of society (big chunk), which is clueless in regards to criteria of any kind. This in turn forced them to adapt - they stopped hiring educated writers and journalists, and hired those closer to the masses. This in turn resulted in decrease of inventiveness and attractiveness. And so they finally caught their own tail.

How much is this costing humankind in the long run, only God knows...

The same thing happened to politics... And other segments of society, including education. Education adapted itself to the needs of the illiterates...

Cheers

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Wait, free press in the USA?

You guys NEVER had free press. The free press flourishes in the underground via the internet, what you see on TV or hear on radio isn't so called FREE press.

Sorry if the truth doesnt smell like roses.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Go to 7:13

www.youtube.com...

"Future" is a projection meant to stand instead of "present".

The press and all media are part of that projection, and it spreads into people's heads.

Education, science, social theory, entertainment, sports, ... they are all pieces of this not so consistent puzzle once you discover its true nature.

Look beyond this "event horizon" and leave the black world of "gravity".

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I recently did some research and came across a website of old Australian newspapers in beta format....

ndpbeta.nla.gov.au...

Check out how much "news" is crammed onto each page.

The newspapers of the last two decades or so, not only made the print font bigger but also reduced the amount of "news" that each page actually has.

I bought a newpaper just the other day. The first 3 pages contained what I would call news, the rest of it was real estate ads, health and beauty columns, motor classifieds and a whole pile of other useless junk.

Heck, the sports pages have more space dedicated to it than the actual news.

Why on earth they still call them NEWSpapers is beyond me.
They resemble lifestyle and womens mags more like.

The descent of the newspaper is really sad to me.
I loved reading the sunday paper on the balcony with a coffee in the sun.
I haven't done that in aaaaages.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Danger Death,

My opinion is that there is a reason and rationale for this which you describe.

The popularity of papers doesn't depend on free speech. The reason they are in crisis is because they were pursuing an easy gain from the least educated group of society (big chunk), which is clueless in regards to criteria of any kind. This in turn forced them to adapt - they stopped hiring educated writers and journalists, and hired those closer to the masses. This in turn resulted in decrease of inventiveness and attractiveness. And so they finally caught their own tail.

Agree that the popularity of papers does not depend on free speech. Nor a lot of the other media outlets. These outlets have become shills for the political process... for their various political parties. They are mouthpieces designed to keep people on the emotional string. THey are by this an extension of the political process ...a type of emotional drug if you like. By this they work to guarantee a predictable, groomable, guaranteed, controllable, malleable voter at election time. An emotional train wreck which they have put on the rails and for the most part which they emotionally control. This process begins at young ages today by television/movie emotional conditioning.

I know this and have it often confirmed because of the number of people we see and know who cannot express an idea or concept outside of some movie or television program they have watched. Their thoughts are movie/television thoughts. Their emotions are movie/television emotions.
They have few real experiences of their own outside of television/movies. They are starving for real life experiences and are seduced into thinking television/movies and now the news formats are it. Here is the example from this thread

r a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, but that's besides the point.

The news and information formats are become about grooming the next emotional train wreck to become predictable, controllable, malleable, guaranteed voter. This is because they have become shills for their respective political parties.
To do this they do indeed as you have stated...need to appeal to the lowest common denominator in the public. This happens also to be the least aware of the public, the clueless, the least educated. This is most easily done when stroking our emotions. I often and crudely refer to this pattern of stroking the public emotionally as public masterbation. Pardon the crudity but that is how I see it.
It has become necessary for the media..newspapers and news reporters to stroke the public emotionally instead of just reporting news. In my thinking this is why much of the news has changed its appearance to what is known as tabloid journalism or yellow journalism. Stroking emotions.
Watching the news on television or listening to it on the radio has become as if one is reading the magazines, Globe, and or National Enquirer..while going through the check out stands at our local store or pharmacy.

I also think that this can be done to a more educated group but requires a slightly different tack in appeal. It would still require that the mark be made unaware.

As to this...

The same thing happened to politics... And other segments of society, including education. Education adapted itself to the needs of the illiterates...

I am not entirely sure this is correct. I think it is more like education has adapted itself to the needs of the political apparatus financing it.....ie...the body politic once again.
Politics pays for and finances public education from kindergarten to college levels. They are most certainly not going to educate people to put light on their activities and have themselves questioned. They would need people to be educated sufficient to take the place of the previous generations but not think or operate outside authorized trails or paths.
To be a good consumer and good voter for their cause.
Much of public education today has become a television/movie education without the student even becoming aware of this trend. You can translate this ..proper emotional conditioning/grooming sufficient to guarantee a predictable controllable voter when they turn 18 years of age. A voter on the emotional string.

This is not difficult to see with the results of the last election. Emotional trainwrecks in the voting booth. Some of them are beginning to come out of the drug induced emotional state now that they are beginning to see what is going on. More will soon follow.

The word for this type of political conditioning by the news media, public education and politics...is whoredom. The buying, selling, and trading of the souls of the public for votes and power. It starts very young and the key is emotions. Stroking and properly conditioning the public's emotions by all the avenues described here on this thread. All the political parties are doing this. They are hijacking the public process for a private goal and with the help of all thier shills for power.

You are quite correct here in this quote

Thanks to all for their posts,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join