It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obese woman told to undergo MRI scan at Zoo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Most weight factors in children are related to genetics, and as soon as you make it past youth, there are thyroid problems, liver problems, diabetes and numerous health problems that make your metabolism crawl to a halt, that give major health issue, make detoxing impossible, affect you in every way possible.
Other issues involve inability to excercise, or use your body much. So thank your lucky stars buddy, and while you're at it, go look in the mirror and tell yourself that you are all that and so deserving, look you made your own eyes blue, green, whatever, so much more deserving than the other slaves walking around.

I have no thyroid produced in my body. I must be undermedicated as I had to heart attacks while on the correct dosage, subsequently I now have chronic fatigue syndrome. This occurred during my pregnancies. Typical for when it occurs. I am very fortunate as most people with thyroid problems are have huge weight gains, at least from those I know. But I excercise and eat about half the portion that most people eat, and stay hungry. I also bought a 300 dollar light therapy lamp, because without it, I go to sleep at 4 pm in the afternoon if I'm not on the computer in the middle of winter.

You are uninformed and need to get a lot more informed. This anti fat people movement is the current SS hit list. They are picking on people who, mostly are overweight from health problems, and partly overweight by the way food industries make a fortune creating poisons for people to eat.

Education and love for your neighbor should clear this up for everyone. Along with getting rid of the SS. People who can see clearly are on active duty!!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

For gods sake, what the hell is wrong with you people? Of course, there are self inflicted fat people, but, there's also genetics. Do you stop to think?

Please, hold back your opinions, before you slag off people, based on their size. Show some bloody humanity.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The bottom line is you cannot overcome physics. i carry extra weight myself, but If I cannot fit into the MRI machine I cannot fit. Its that simple.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Then they should have transferred the patient to another unit as there is the necessary equipment somewhere. However, despite all of this, its not the equipment shortages at any given hospital that is as bad as the lack of respect for other people and prejudice demonstrated by some of the posts that is really the problem here.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Hi
I too have thyroid problems mine was way out of wack.The Dr. told me I could easy be 50 pounds heavier.I wonderd what people would think if I was that over weight.I train 20 hrs. a week and eat right to prevent the weight gain.most fat people can't put the donuts down.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join