It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Results)Poetry Contest - Reminsce of the Days of Old

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Congratulations to the winners and honorable members!! *clap clap*

Have enjoyed reading all the poems in this thread. Hope we can do this again some time

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Congrats to all the winners! Thank you for the honorable mention as well.

The thought process involved in writing about the past dredged up some long-forgotten (but now-cherished) memories about my Grandfather.

For that alone I am truly grateful.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

I really enjoyed your description of the fishing trip... pickup truck, the road and all.

It felt like I was in the back of the truck and along for the ride.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Congratulations to Greenize and Ca_orot, and to Antar. Way to go !

WW, you've done something good here.

s4dreamlnd93 : Very nice !

(And to rapunzel222 : your description of picking & eating blueberries
took me back to some great memories long forgotten)

This "fellowship of expression" makes you a little giddy.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Good job one and all.

Was an absolute pleasure to read them all.

Proper community spirit amongst the writers here - it's fantastic!

Well done all.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Congratulations Everyone!

I really love these writing contests.

Thank-you so much Worldwatcher & Thanks to All the

Mods.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
gratz to everyone! WoW.. just wow, I've never read some much poetry in my life, and IMO, it was all great because emotions CAN be expressed through our mere words on a page.

gratz to all.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Congratulations to the winners and to All the participants, it was an honor to have posted among such wonderful, beautiful poems. i felt the love expressed and the memories came flooding.

Thank you WW for this opportunity to look back on better times, and to take a break from the hectic world of today.

love and light

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Thank You everyone for your congrats, and also if I had to name the nostalgic piece it would be HB Loc. or South side Loc. or in all reality just "Huntington Beach"
yet it really does not matter because most people knew that with the line about the Golden Bear...

[edit on 12-3-2009 by antar]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Congrats Antar. I would of given you three stars for your poem but it only let me do one.

Greenize and CA_Orot , well done. Congrats to you two too! Like I said in my last post. There is some awesome talent in writing in here and I enjoyed every single one of them.

Thanks Worldwatcher and Masqua for everything. OK! Lets get the next competition going. Hurry, hurry, I can't wait.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

woah!!!...slow down for a minute...I'm still reminiscing

like we say in the islands.. tek time, no worries, soon come..

and writers...thank YOU..no not me...you... THANK YOU for sharing.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It is truly amazing to witness all the different techniques poetry and words can offer. With the myriad of ways we can explain ourselves I truly am awed at all the work here. Good times, good times indeed!!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

You're right.

I keep thinking about a poem thread but as I think about it, I think about how lost a poem would become in a never ending thread of poems. I like the competition and the winners were "just" in this one and all the others.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
I think about how lost a poem would become in a never ending thread of poems.

A poem, born in the mind, unwritten and shouted into a howling whirlwind is no more lost than a child's silent prayer.

Someone will always hear it, feel its power and respond.

A poem in a sea of poems is like the joyful tinkling of pebbles on a beach strummed by waves. Each one adds a note to the symphony.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by Solarskye
I think about how lost a poem would become in a never ending thread of poems.

A poem, born in the mind, unwritten and shouted into a howling whirlwind is no more lost than a child's silent prayer.

Someone will always hear it, feel its power and respond.

A poem in a sea of poems is like the joyful tinkling of pebbles on a beach strummed by waves. Each one adds a note to the symphony.

Masqua : Thank you for adding that.
Couldn't believe how easy you put that into words. (You are the man !)

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Just a note for those who might not know (I didn't), now that you have Writer status you can contribute in the Collaborative Writing forum. It would be nice to see more of this good work here at ATS. And a having a place to meet like minded people and friends is always a good thing.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I didn't win, but still loved the little competition! Needs to be more of these, different set up or not.

I liked Greenzies the most out of the 3, but none the less, grats.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Wow! Just got back from a flyfishing trip, first thing I went to was this thread for the contest results.

CONGRATULATIONS TO GREENIZE, CA_OROT, AND ANTAR ON WINNING THE CONTEST!!!

Your poems were magnificent and I loved reading and re-reading all of them. I have this thread flagged as a favorite so I may peruse all the poems again and again, whenever I feel nostalgic for better days gone by.

I also want to congratulate the other honorable mentions and state how grateful I am to be included in your ranks, your writings were tremendously moving and exceptional:

s3dreamlnd93
Siege
Whaa
Solarskye
Seagrass
blupblup
Blogstalker
Travelerinthedark
djquinn
LiquidCrystalz
The Weeping Willow
Deltaalphanovember
Whatukno
ProgramOrganic

Every single entry was so good, I can only say that I am glad I wasn't on the selection team because I would have had a very difficult time choosing the winners.

Lastly, thank you, Worldwatcher (and the three anonymous judges!), for extending yourselves in a really open-hearted, positive way. I know that even though these entries were truly wonderful, it also takes a lot of work to pull something like this off as well as you did. You have helped one old codger see the unique and fine talents of her new community in a lasting and artful way.

Yeah, Everybody!!!

Aaaaahhhh, life is good! (At least right now.)

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Congratulations everyone - winners and writers.

Thank you all! ...Let's do it again.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
great idea.
sorry i missed it.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join