It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello to all from an Alien...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Hey everyone!

That's right, I'm a resident Alien who immigrated to the US after 6 years of marriage to my American wife. I'm originally from Holland, where I grew up in a small town, living a happy life as a kid. After I finished High School there, I started working in a factory to save money to travel. I went to a kibbutz in Israel to get a feel for how it is to live in a commune, as by then I was highly interested in anarchism, equality, peace, counterculture and punk music.

The kibbutzes were already turned into lucrative capitalist endavours, but I met my wife there and the whole experience was great. We also spent 3 weeks traveling through Egypt, visiting the pyramids and other tourist attractions, as well as a 3 day safari through the Sahara in the west of the country.

When I got back to Holland in 2000, after many wonderful and 'magical' experiences in the middle eastern region, I could no longer deny a strong feeling of "there's more to life" and my religious view shifted from atheist to gnostic.

I started listening to reggae music, which is still a ghetto rebel music, so it fit with my political leanings towards dissent against 'the system', which in the music was described as the System of Babylon, an evil system set up by the devil after his fall from heaven. The topic of Fallen Angels intrigued me, and I started researching it
through the web, and with my friends. We had some Rasta Elders in town who taught us a lot, and pointed us in many directions, including the Red Sea scrolls and the Book of Enoch.
I read about the fallen angels and how they created mutant offspring by mating with human women, which they called Nephilim, Annunaki, or Watchers...

At this point I was having the "am I going insane" issues so many conspiracy researchers will probably have experienced, and my passion for the subject became an issue in my relationship with my wife, who was far from Anarchist, and more into New Age topics. She stayed with me though, and eventually started getting curious as well, as the evidence of ancient scriptural references to a hidden history of mankind started mounting.

I read the Nag Hamaddhi scrolls, and Andrew Collin's book "From the Ashes of Angels", and started realizing what could have caused the world to be what it is today; I never accepted the notion that Royalty and the class/money system was a result of human nature.
Anyway, to keep it short, I'm proud to say that by the time I read David Icke's children of the matrix, I wasn't reading much 'new' information, and it turned out I had kinda put the pieces together myself before I was turned on to the likes of him, Jones, Tsarion, Cooper and others.

The route I took?

Anarchist Punk music >> a travel to Israel/Egypt >> falling in love >> turning to Reggae music and Gnosticism >> researching 'Babylon', Fallen Angels and the origins of Royalty...

The topic still fascinates me to no end, and after being a long time lurker I figured it was about time to join the gang here, to learn and to share. The internet may just be our saving grace... the Messiah? Christ Consciousness? Who knows, but this sure is a quality community in my eyes.

I still believe that Human nature is capable of sustainable, co-operative, intelligent community, and in that sense I still believe in Anarchism. However there are as many versions of Anarchism as there are anarchists, and mine could be described as a roadmap to Utopia, not a blueprint set in stone.

My spiritual stance is anarcho-gnostic, meaning I do not believe there is anything or anyone between me and the divine; no priests, no scriptures.
I take from the scriptures what I like, and I discard the rest, as I believe the Creator is as perfect as Creation, and I respect we've been given our cognitive senses along with free will, a heart and a brain to figure out what's the best action to take in our own individual unique dilemma's in life.

Anyway, I'm happy to B here, and see you around!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Welcome to ats.
Theres alot of info here.Its almost overwhelming.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Psynarchist

Hey Psynarchist

Welcome aboard

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcome, I even got my avatar going! Damn I like all the features here.... It's a bit overwhelming at first, but it's like a video game; the harder the controls are to grasp initially, the better the experience when you do grasp them.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Psynarchist

I don't know if this is the 1st Intro I have flagged, but good stuff...

I don't even gel with some of your findings, but you seemed to have taken the time to read up on what interests you, and that's more than some on here can say...

Welcome and cya on the boards...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hey buddy. Welcome to ATS.

You are right. There is alot of stuff to take in and it can be somewhat overwhelming. But You get used to it all.

ATS is a great website and you will meet some great people.

I look forward to seeing all your future contributions to ATS!

By the way, You made a really nice Opening statement. Are you into writing? If so I would not be at all surprised to see you gain writer status like I have.

Peace and love

GST

[edit on 2-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
"At this point I was having the "am I going insane" issues so many conspiracy researchers will probably have experienced, and my passion for the subject became an issue in my relationship with my wife, who was far from Anarchist, and more into New Age topics. She stayed with me though, and eventually started getting curious as well, as the evidence of ancient scriptural references to a hidden history of mankind started mounting. "

Welcome! I relate to most of your story. Isn't it strange when you can't figure out why you are researching some of this stuff?

Sometimes it does feel like you are going insane and friends and family will do their job to make sure you think you are! But keep at it, cuz it's fun being 'insane.'

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Very nice to meet you.

Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Yeah one of the reasons I 'justify' spending time on a message board is because I do want to hone my writing/communication skills, and I want to write a book someday, but I never considered myself to be a 'writer' per se. At least not yet I guess...
Thanks for the compliment though, which it definitely is considering English isn't my 1st language!

Actually, what does it mean to have writer status, and which other statuses can one achieve here? You don't have to go into in depth explaining if there's already a thread about it you can point me to, as I'm still digesting all the features here, which are plenty...

And Yes Blujay, it is pretty weird we all have our own interests and things we're curious about, which I've always thought was to create multiple skills and disciplines within a 'tribe'.. We need folks who can cook, who can hunt, who can heal, who can play music, etc. etc. and it seems as if we all naturally gravitate towards individual fields of expertise. Or do we all just wanna be 'special'?

Thanks again for the hospitality!

new topics

top topics

join