It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China crashes Satalite into moon LMAO or Cover up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This just popped up on google news. Not really into Aliens and stuff my self but find it hard to believe this was a accident. If it is Lmao Doh!

www.informationweek.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
you might want to check this thread
Cheers

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
No.
It wasn't an accident.

The deliberate crash of the lunar satellite aimed to give China experience for a moon landing in two years and eventual launch of an unmanned lunar rover, according to the report.

Hard to read a whole article at one sitting?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm curious what the OP thinks they would be trying to cover-up...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Shot down by a reclusive Lunarian?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Crash test?

It really doesn't surpise me considering their lack of standards for automotive crash testing. I suppose they were more concerned with trying this on the moon instead.

I wonder what the results were? They aren't the only ones to fail at landings though. Most likely, it was to stake a claim and plant their flag. "Kaplah!!"

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
No.
It wasn't an accident.

The deliberate crash of the lunar satellite aimed to give China experience for a moon landing in two years and eventual launch of an unmanned lunar rover, according to the report.

Hard to read a whole article at one sitting?

Lol no your right i f'd up. I just don't understand what China can gain by crashing it into the moon? I mean the thing was operational and i'm sure was expensive as heck to build. What sense does it make?

Normally on ATS i stick to poly threads and the econemy but enjoy reading thoughts, ideas and statements around space and aliens.

Does anyone else not find it odd that this occured? I just don't get it.

My two points of view are either:

1. Something happened to it.

2. There's more to this story than told.

I mean come on think about it. You mean to tell me China spent all this money building this thing, launching it only to crash it? Does nto make sense. Atleast to me it doesnt

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The USSR had the first successful Lunar impact mission in 1959. They also had several failures.

The US had three successful Lunar impact missions in 1964 and 1965. They also had several failures.

Last November, Chandrayaan-1 (India's orbiter) deployed the Moon Impact Probe.

There is a lot to be learned by both the successful missions and the failed ones.

[edit on 3/2/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lightinthedark33

light....a lot can be learned from the Chinese mission.

Firstly, the spacecraft wasn't likely going to come back to Earth anyway.

Secondly, they already have other satellites in Lunar orbit.

Thirdly, there are seismic studies to carry out, from the surface impact.

Also, going out on a limb here....the data from the satellite, up until impact, could help the Chinese refine their gravitational data.

new topics

top topics

join