It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Story of Moses found in Fibonacci Sequence

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
not to distract form the math here..

but i came up with a silly but funny hypothetical method of how to defend yourself against one of those biological programmed entity.. the "mass produced grays" ...

you just look at it and ask it "are you even aware that you arent aware that you exist times phi times pi?"

after a set of bugs-bunny-esque seizures, (EEK! AACK! OOK! ).. the offending would-be anal prober's head then implodes.

-

That's funny, and not too far from what I thought I was doing with the thought process. You see, while manic, I thought I was communing with angels, and demons. So to battle the demons I had the notion that an angel revealed to me the Fibonacci thinking described above as a defense mechanism. Too funny. And the weird part is it worked, and quieted my mind which was racing at the time. I would have loved to have had my brain connected to a functional MRI while I was doing those mental gymnastics. It really was nothing more than a meditation technique to try to get my mind under control.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The only thing that makes pi seem odd to us is the decimal number system.

In other number systems the ratio 22/7 can be expressed as an exact number.

In a base 7 number system the decimal ratio 22/7 equates to exactly 3.1.

That number 3.1 is of course not a decimal number. I guess you would call it a septimal number as it is in the base 7 number system.

Magic of pi dispelled.

Vas

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by borachon
how did you "descend the sequence"?

where did you start at...?

Like this:

1 1 2 3 5 8 5 3 2 1 1

I would begin at 1, go up to 8, and then back down to 1, only saying/thinking/flashing 8 once. 8 is the pivot. I would think it or say it aloud or flash it with my fingers.

The answer to your question is a very important aspect of the technique.

When I was manic, my mind raced and all sorts of images from my memory popped into my mind's eye when my eyes were closed. It was like a rapid slide show of images, one connected to next in an associative way, that I was able to discern as they happened. Being manic is taxing, but the ability of the mind in that state is just incredible.

Anyway the image that popped into my head immediately before I thought of the technique was a memory of standing between two mirrored sliding glass doors in my house. You know how you see an infinite reflection of yourself going in each direction, slightly curved? That is what I saw, and I thought an angel dropped in the image, and then the thought for the technique.

I imagine the number sequence 1 1 2 3 5 8 5 3 2 1 1, flash it, say it, whatever, and imagine each end, the 1s, as the vanishing point to infinity like the end of the reflection in the mirrors. The 8 is me standing between the mirrors.

This is a metaphor for what I thought was happening across my synapses in my brain. The neurons were firing out of control, and then I would focus on the sequence technique, and would calm down. The 8 is stored in my neural network somewhere, as are the rest of the numbers. Associated with that neuron bundle is the Fibonacci sequence and the associated numbers. Phi is then associated with those numbers. Phi in turn is linked to the place in my neural network that corresponds to the unknowns in my mind: numbers that extend decimally to infinity, God, angels, et cetera. This part of my neural network is a "dead end" so to speak. And so I would link the dead end to the 1 1 2 3 5 8 5 3 2 1 1 thoughts and then my mind would calm.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenorbs

I ran the program again, and below are the numbers. Each one reduces to 1237 using the revealed technique. I ran the program for hours and there are only 23 of them.

-snip-

I'm a programming student and I wanted the extra practice, so I made a program following your algorithm. My results: Our numbers match exactly up to the 8th one. After that, the data type I was using ran out of accuracy. I'll see if I can figure out a way to get c++ to calculate larger numbers and come back with results, although it's looking like the same so far.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by EverythingYouKnowIsWrong]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Interesting thread.

Please post the hebrew.

Yes the results are quite interesting. I'll try to post the words and translation tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
For the hebrew are you just turning the numbers into their corresponding words ?

Have you read the Sefer Yitzrah ?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I also would say/think "and done" after the last 1. The thought was that "one and done" was like the last two lines of a sonnet, a rhyming couplet signifying the end of the poem. In this case, the end was the end to my racing thoughts.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Like this:

1 1 2 3 5 8 5 3 2 1 1

I would begin at 1, go up to 8, and then back down to 1, only saying/thinking/flashing 8 once. 8 is the pivot. I would think it or say it aloud or flash it with my fingers.

The answer to your question is a very important aspect of the technique.

When I was manic, my mind raced and all sorts of images from my memory popped into my mind's eye when my eyes were closed. It was like a rapid slide show of images, one connected to next in an associative way, that I was able to discern as they happened. Being manic is taxing, but the ability of the mind in that state is just incredible.

Anyway the image that popped into my head immediately before I thought of the technique was a memory of standing between two mirrored sliding glass doors in my house. You know how you see an infinite reflection of yourself going in each direction, slightly curved? That is what I saw, and I thought an angel dropped in the image, and then the thought for the technique.

I imagine the number sequence 1 1 2 3 5 8 5 3 2 1 1, flash it, say it, whatever, and imagine each end, the 1s, as the vanishing point to infinity like the end of the reflection in the mirrors. The 8 is me standing between the mirrors.

This is a metaphor for what I thought was happening across my synapses in my brain. The neurons were firing out of control, and then I would focus on the sequence technique, and would calm down. The 8 is stored in my neural network somewhere, as are the rest of the numbers. Associated with that neuron bundle is the Fibonacci sequence and the associated numbers. Phi is then associated with those numbers. Phi in turn is linked to the place in my neural network that corresponds to the unknowns in my mind: numbers that extend decimally to infinity, God, angels, et cetera. This part of my neural network is a "dead end" so to speak. And so I would link the dead end to the 1 1 2 3 5 8 5 3 2 1 1 thoughts and then my mind would calm.

thanks, you really "answered" my question

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
so in all of the infinity that is Phi, you stopped at the 8 pivot?

link   

link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger
For the hebrew are you just turning the numbers into their corresponding words ?

Have you read the Sefer Yitzrah ?

I apply the Sephirot channels (each representing a letter of the Hebrew alphabet) to the numbers.

I have read the Sefer Yitzrah.

That book is incredible I use the Ari-Gra Sephirot for the technique, by the way. I was led down the path by creative thinking, and was very surprised with the outcome.

Why/how did Isaac Luria decide to arrange the letters on the channels of the Sephirot as he did?

I was considering going to the local Kabbalah Center to ask, but maybe someone on here knows.
[edit on 2-3-2009 by greenorbs]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well this is very interesting as is the timing of your choice to share this with us, I will be watching to see where this goes.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

But pi isn't infinite. See my above post. Only our limitation of only using one number system makes it seem infinite. As I said, in base 7 pi is exactly 3.1.

Vas

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3045bcb1dd5e.jpg[/atsimg]

(get out your calculators kids!)

black
then
white are

all i see
in my infancy
red and yellow then came to be
reaching out to me
lets me see

As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
drawn beyond the lines of reason.
Push the envelope.
Watch it bend.

-

[edit on 3-3-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Thought we were talking about Phi

not Pi

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EverythingYouKnowIsWrong

I ran the program again, and below are the numbers. Each one reduces to 1237 using the revealed technique. I ran the program for hours and there are only 23 of them.

-snip-

I'm a programming student and I wanted the extra practice, so I made a program following your algorithm. My results: Our numbers match exactly up to the 8th one. After that, the data type I was using ran out of accuracy. I'll see if I can figure out a way to get c++ to calculate larger numbers and come back with results, although it's looking like the same so far.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by EverythingYouKnowIsWrong]

Glad to hear you are interested in verifying the results. We will need a Biblical Hebrew scholar to go through the lexicon I used as well and confirm the translation.

I think you will have trouble calculating the very large integers using C++. You would have to do some crazy coding to handle the overflows. Try the Ruby language, which automatically handles very large numbers. If you are on a Mac, use XCode, Ruby is built-in. Not sure what to do on a PC vis-a-vis the compiler.

Below is the Ruby code. The code outputs one step in the reduction, and the Fibonacci number being reduced. I need to add the code to display the position of the Fibonacci number being reduced.

def fib_up_to()
i1, i2 = 1, 1
n = 1
str = String.new
while i1
str = i1.to_s
str = str.gsub(/9/, '3')
str = str.gsub(/6/, '23')
str = str.gsub(/8/, '2')
str = str.gsub(/4/, '2')
if /^[^5]*$/ =~ str
if /[1]/ =~ str
if /[2]/ =~ str
if /[3]/ =~ str
if /[7]/ =~ str
print n, " ", str, "\n"
print "Fib number is ", i1, "\n"
n += 1

end
end
end
end
end
i1, i2 = i2, i1 + i2

end
end

fib_up_to() [|f| print f, " \n" ]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth

But pi isn't infinite. See my above post. Only our limitation of only using one number system makes it seem infinite. As I said, in base 7 pi is exactly 3.1.

Vas

You're right that
22(base10) / 7(base10) = 7.1(base7)

But 22/7 isn't pi, it's 3.142857, with the underlined digits repeating.
And yes this is about phi anyway.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
If you post the hebrew and the stages of your application technique I will have it looked at by people who study the Gra's Techniques more extensively.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I think you will have trouble calculating the very large integers using C++. You would have to do some crazy coding to handle the overflows. Try the Ruby language, which automatically handles very large numbers. If you are on a Mac, use XCode, Ruby is built-in. Not sure what to do on a PC vis-a-vis the compiler.

Yeah it's definitely a pain. Fortunately someone has already done the coding for such a problem, and it works. Now I just need to implement it tweak a few things. Results coming soon

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Please dont go to your local Kabalah center with this information.

I really want to look over the numbers properly but its gone 5am over here and I want to sleep if I start trying to do anything with them it will keep me up even more, I will do some work on them when I wake up and try and answer the rest of your post.

I dont know which copy of the Sefer Yitzrah you read but the translation by Aryeh Kaplan explains things in very minute detail the Bahir is also worth exploring to help you further understand the system Kaplan also did a very good job with his work on that text.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by gYvMessanger]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join