It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for all UK residents about Islam

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The origins of racism is interesting and i believe still holds relavence to this very day.

Back in roman times, when they were at there biggest, the lower class was built by many races. This lower class was huge and was obviously a threat to the higher class that ruled them, and they knew of this threat. They knew that if all the lower class came together and revolt it would cause havoch and could destry the rule of the roman empire.

To try and get this threat out of the way, they created "gossip" amongst the people through properganda, for an example:

They told the white people that the black people were discustin, dirty, heratics, against everything the white people stood for.

They told the black people the same about the white people.

They told the asian people the same about the white people and black people.

and so on

In doing this, they split the lower class against each other, thus spliting them into smaller groups, thus easier to controll and the threat of a revolt has been destroyed.

Could the mainstream media be doing the same?? Fewer and fewer people are gaining more and more controll, it could be easily done to start stiring everything, just say, "the muslim did this because he hates what the west stands for!", even though people forget to ask, if muslims hate what the west stand for, why are they here??

People need to start using there nogen more, its a shame to see so many people read news without questioning.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

good post. starred.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
In answer to the the OP.

I would hope no one, if Islam manages to become the dominant force in the country / world then fair enough. That is not the case now, and the laws of the country should stand as they are unless the people choose to change things.

Of course really *radicalized* Islam is a much better tool for the PTB than Christianity, its harder to get Christians to kill their neighbors (harder not impossible). So expect to see the subtle spread of the islamic influence.

To Trollocks of course this isnt about all Muslims, its not about instilling hatred for Muslims at all, but there is a large, growing, dangerous radical movement amongst Muslims all over the world, often for good reason on the Muslims side of things.

Its about control, the winner is obviously not going to be either side openly involved in the conflict.

The same is true of Christians becoming radicalized against Muslims the friction is unbearable and its gonna make the world burn if someone doesnt do something to stop it.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by gYvMessanger]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Good posts from everyone,
So much interesting stuff. It's definitely proved to me that the English can think through a problem rationally without getting caught up in knee-jerk nationalism + emotion.

As Wayne pointed out, it's not so much a White vs Muslim thing, but any time cultures come together there's going to be clashes in the short term.

North/South. French/English. Yank/Brit. Hutu/Tutsi Milwall/Chelsea. Everton/Liverpool... All of them just manifestations of man's need to blame his ills on the nearest minority. What was it ten years ago? Romainian beggars? Yeah that's right, the MSM tried to blame all London's problems on a few Eastern Europeans running round asking for change. Pathetic.

It's interesting to look at the parallels with Roman culture too. Divide and conquear all the way. Works all the way up from the bleary-eyed office back-stabber stirring up **** between colleagues ((Hi Susan, got a boyfriend yet?!)) to engineered conflicts between ethnic groups and finally nation states. I've heard more than one historian talk about the similarities between Western and Ancient Roman culture.

It's up to us to look at the repeating cycles and try to minimise them instead of repeating them blindly and inanely.

[edit on 222.213f20092pm by HiAliens]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If Sharia law is inflicted upon the non-Muslim population of the UK, I'm moving out.

Sharia law, in my opinion, shouldn't even be the main legal system in countries where Muslims ARE the majority. Why? Because in every country (with the exception of The Vatican) there will be a mix of different religious groups, even if some are more mixed than others. In every country (again, not the Vatican) there are Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Atheists, etc. If one group wants to follow a certain set of rules (such as not drinking, no sex before marriage, etc), they can go ahead, but I find it despicable that they feel the need to enforce those rules as law and make everyone, regardless of their personal faith, follow the rules of their religion. It's unfair and shows how insecure they are with their own beliefs.

Also, if they bring in Sharia law here, soon we'll have stoning to death in the streets for adultery and capital punishment for those who don't follow Islam. If I wanted to live in that country, I'd move to Iran. Which I don't.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Im from the Uk and i really dont see islam as a threat to our way of life.
I also believe that the media has hyped this situation way out of control.

The area where i live seems to be completely void of religion....i dont know a single person who has any faith or beliefs.

Ive got no problems if people of different faiths want to practice in this country aslong as they arent causing harm to others or jamming their systems down your throat.
And i really cant see any religion having much luck doing that in a country where religion is dropping in popularity by the day.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I live in the UK and I am a muslim (I am born muslim but my dad was a convert). This honour killing is more of a cultural thing. For example, I have african muslim friends whose sisters wear anything and their parents don't care but then I know some pakistani muslims who are against wearing european clothes

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'm in the U.S. but got the opportunity to spend a few weeks with a friend in Birmingham England two years ago. Driving by a mosque there he tells me, "Here's the Saddam Hussein Mosque". I though he was kidding, but wasn't. The name was changed in 2003:

"The committee of the President Saddam Hussein Mosque in Aston, Birmingham, decided to rename the building Jame Masjid and signs at the site have been replaced."
- icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk...

The area of the city we drove through literally looked like a Persian market with bolts of cloth, jewelry and other trade goods out for sale on the street. Burkas and other traditional muslim garb were more common than not. I remember my first thought travelling through was, "can we stop and do some shopping?" Maybe I'm naive, but I wasn't aware of suspicious glances like I have gotten driving through the urban areas of Philadelphia and Washington D.C.

Regarding law, I would hope England would want to maintain it's integrity as a sovereign nation just as the U.S. would. For religion, I hope history shows 'forced conversions' have never been a good thing. Religious beliefs do make for some excellent conversation at the coffeeshop however.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by influx.destruction
I live in the UK and I am a muslim (I am born muslim but my dad was a convert). This honour killing is more of a cultural thing. For example, I have african muslim friends whose sisters wear anything and their parents don't care but then I know some pakistani muslims who are against wearing european clothes

So why should the UK allow members of another country into our land, when they refuse to integrate into our welcoming society?

I'm sure if my girlfriend went o Pakistan and REFUSED to wear moderate clothing, she would face jail or worse?

So what's the deal?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Because in the UK people have the freedom to practice or not practice their religion or wear whatever clothes they like.If you got to say saudi and you cant do those things it shows how great a free(lol) country is.I have no problem with Muslims its just the media finding some new boogeyman for everyone to be afraid of.As for the law,i think its aspects of shariah in civil disputes.British law still trumps that but shariah is accomodated,much like jewish law already is.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Ah but you see my reply was more about honour killings than fashion.

Why should a pakistani born muslim suddenly take offence when a member of his family starts integrating into the UK.

What right does that man have to pour petrol over his daughter/wife and burn her alive?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join