It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Webbot Prediction - Gold drops Due to Audit Finding "Fake Gold" being Sold

page: 1V

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I read this morning, a very interesting "prediction" from the Webbot language. Gold will be dropping to 650 - 700 due to within one months time, a audit of EFT's or private mint, finds "Fake Gold" from China.

This finding will cause panic of people selling their Gold and buying treasuries. This will cause the U.S. dollar to look to be a "safe haven" instead of metals.

The problem will include silver too.

After everything settles down and panic selling stops, then gold will sky rocket to 1900 - due to the "actual" amount of "real" gold available!

link to : www.urbansurvival.com...

Want in on a little something the time monks are willing to share publicly? OK, try this one on --- but remember, this is a probability only and may or may not happen as expected...so think in terms of it being a possibility only for now...

Ask yourself what would happen if a large financial entity - and it could be a private mint, an ETF, or something like that - was discovered in the next, oh, two or three weeks - to be holding a lot of counterfeit gold that was apparently made in China? Suppose further that the discovery happened during some kind of official audit process and that as word spread, it was discovered that not only were gold bars involved, but perhaps gold coins of recent vintage and maybe some involvement of silver as well. How would that work out?

Curiously, as I've been penciling it out over the weekend, it might initially send people scurrying to US Treasuries and it would drop the price of gold perhaps as low as $650-$700 before launching to $1,900 after the shortfall of real gold comes into focus...which is what Robin Landry's charts infer. It would also keep a lid on interest rates since Treasuries would be seen as an ideal safe haven. With all those treasury auctions to fund the bailout/printout festival, the flight of hedge managers from recently acquired metals would certainly keep rates low and these, in turn, could be seen as the reason for some confidence in financial markets returning until July 18th, or thereabout.

Of course, this is all only a possibility (although I find myself now wondering about Hillary's recent trip to China...was she there to warn them what our plans were and not to freak out?). Did I mention that a fraud discover in gold would do marvels for the US dollar's value in world markets? It would be a one-size solves all problems kind of solution - sort of like a mini War on Terror...a war on gold. Oh, and the leading edge of it seems to be showing in a Chinese counterfeiting story in Coin World, too...

I find this very interesting and plan on having my own things "checked out" before the SHTF (if it does) regarding gold.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
S and F. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

China is trying to subvert America. They know they cannot mount a physical offensive, so they have been subverting us through more underhanded means. Poison in foods and toys, for example. The Barksdale incident is another example.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I have already found something, that just came out.....

r

08:25
Chinese coin counterfeiter legal in China
Tags: CHINA
Isn’t he worried that the Secret Service or some other U.S. government agency will come after him for making counterfeit U.S. coins? After all, the coins struck by the U.S. Mint, regardless of date, are all still legal tender, and thus subject to U.S. coin counterfeiting laws. It is illegal for him to sell these coins in the United States, even via eBay.

Jinghuashei responds by claiming that he is operating within the confines of the Hobby Protection Act, a U.S. law that requires all nongenuine numismatic items produced after 1973 to be permanently and conspicuously counterstamped with the word COPY. When informed that his eBay auctions are not in compliance with this law, because he is using a punch that says REPLICA, he seems unconcerned.

the link goes to "Coin World" but I can not get in, ( a membership thing), and I don't want to join. but for those who do....

www.coinworldonline.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
?? counterfeit gold from china ??

it's reported that China, in 2008, became the world's largest gold producer...
and know what... they've been keeping their mined gold for themselves.---
what would change China's strategy at this late date,

it's long been understood that the several Major banks/investment co.
have been holding 10s of thousands of naked-shorts in gold in the ETFs...
? how/where did [NYSE: GLD](an ETF) increase their gold bulluion holdings by 200 tonnes, during the last 6 months-- when all major producers,
from the USA Canada & S Africa are mining less gold now, by somewhere near 15%.

Reasonable people, have for-years-now, have reached the conclusion that the ETFs don't have that additional physical gold on hand,,, they do have
the receipts they have purchased 'future contracts' for mined gold...
they have receipts for the 'hedges' against claims of future gold production of major gold producers...

it's long been accepted the ETFs have long since bought up whatever bullion they could from the foreign central bank vaults, the BOE, and whatever the Federal Reserve had released to the ETF start ups a few years back.

it seems the OP linked site, is compiling, then rehashing, old news thats made the rounds for months or years already....with the execption of the new accusation of a China (fake)Gold Scam...to take place around the spring equinox, 21 March '09

What is most likely to take place is a big scare on gold/PM because
there are going to be new gold backed currencies being issued in
year 2010... by (as is rumored) Arab Gulf States, Russia, Germany...
perhaps China... with the purpose of denigrating the USD as the reserve currency (a fiat money) with a basket of gold/asset backed monies...
and these nations/blocs of nations 'would' want to accumulate as much of this metal as possible at the lowest prices.... therefore a contrived gold scare

i will test drive the urbansurvival site for w week-or-two, Thanks

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Wow! Just read the articles about the same thing on TBR News a few days ago:

Link to articles

if the webbot predictions were made in advance that's pretty impressive!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Great Information in these times. Thanks for the heads up. I agree that China is undermining us the US anywhere it can right now and we need to boycott anything Chinese in protest. I seriously doubt our government has the wherewithall to do anything about it due to its massive unfunded spending and the need to borrow from China. But as consumers, we don't have to support anything Chinese, including Costco!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

Actually - you missed the point, it would NOT be China undermining the U.S.! This would be a very BIG needed thing for the U.S. - the U.S. would be behind it all!

Think about it........ "fake gold" then has people panicing - to get rid of their gold and BUY U.S. Treasuries! Get it?

People would pour money BACK INTO U.S. Dollars!!!!

So, China has to go along with this..... it will make them "look" bad, but the dollars they have will have more strength immediately!

This would be a U.S. conspiracy, not the other way around. It would not help China AT ALL!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
messages.finance.yahoo.com...(A_to_Z)/Stocks_G/threadview?m=tm&bn=24825&tid=259921&mid=259943&tof=3&off=1

article about some small fake China coins.

There have been 2 long articles in recent issues of COIN WORLD about the Chinese fake coins. They are making fakes of all U.S. gold coins, silver dollars, commemorative silver halves and dollars, British gold sovereigns, Krugerands, Maple Leafs, 100 Coronas, and they even make fake slabs to hold the coins with miskleading labels.
This represents a very serious threat to the hobby. But our government has done nothing to stop it.
The article says many of these fakes have appeared on E-Bay and Craigslist.com and other web sites as well.
The articles in COIN WORLD gives tips on how to detect these fakes.

top topics

join