It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

would you rather be young or old?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
A really trippy thought just came to me,I was thinking that I'm really glad I'm not a teenager anymore.This is weird because when I was one back in the 60's days of yore,old people always used to say "I'd give anything to be young again,you're so lucky" But nowadays it seems that the mindset has changed dramatically and the young are pitied.This is really bad. Times suck and the future seems so bleak so I suppose that is the reason but it is disgusting that the older generation has failed the younger on such a terrible scale.Just wondered how people felt on this.Are you happy to be youthful or not?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well, I am 31 and I'd do just about anything to be 20 again. I really would.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
would you rather be young or old?

Eh, I'd rather be old. No particular reason, other than not liking my childhood.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

i'm right there with ya. i turn 31 on friday and i would love to actually be turning 20. i feel much older than 31. maybe that is why. in just 31 years life has really beaten me up...or should i say beaten me down.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
"Youth is wasted on the young" - Oscar Wilde.

As a 39 year old, I often reflect back and remember the times I thought 30 was old and thought I would be dead by then....
Now I know that 30 somethings and even 40 somethings are still relatively young and there is still alot we can do, and thanks to experience I can do much of it even better.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I don't pitty the young. Actually they have some sort of fantasy hope that they will actually have something one day. This way they are able to stay happy for a season. The older folk actually know better and have not this fantasy hope.

If I were 18 and new what little I know now, I'd do a lot of things different, I think we'd all do a lot of things different.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I'm also 31 and I don't care to be honest. It's the spirit inside that never ages. Only the body will age. Sure, i can't kain it as much as I used to. My hangovers have started to get worse. But that's just part of being in time. I try not to dwell on it too much.

They say youth is wasted on the young. Well I say that retirement is wasted on the old.

I am happy where I am now. And i think that's always been the case. This is of course, subject to change. But, on the whole. Let's 'ave it!!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Iam actually looking forward to turning 30 the end of this month. My teens were pretty cool, but clouded with indulgences. I wouldn't want to live through it again. My twenties have real challenging.

Just too much has happened. So I am thinking, with all the hard knock, the years under my belt, and the things I've learned the hard way. Maybe I'll get it right and stop wandering around. Besides I think 30's is the 20's. I also like what viking ant said. There is a whole lot more to experience. I choose to be a beginner.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Thanks for all your input, you're all just babies in age! At this mo in time I feel like the oldest person on BTS!!! Very interesting that most of you would turn the clock back if you could so obviously things are'nt quite as bad as I thought they were.Good on you all to stay positive.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by uk today
obviously things are'nt quite as bad as I thought they were.
Truth be told, it never is

Do you, in your spirit, still feel as young as you were when you were a young adult?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Only because I never allowed myself to get old----I've always been a rebel and all my interests are considered pretty cool or trippy.In fact I find people my age mainly boring and prefer the company of younger people.My last two boyfriends were 10 years younger than me!! Having said that I still follow the mindset that I am blessed to be born at a really good time.The 60's and 70's were real good fun and things did'nt really start to change until the 80's------which again was a brill decade for me.But unfortunately that's when ,in my opinion, the rot set in and it's been downhill ever since.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I cant wait to be a crusty old man in a wheelchair riding around a nursing home yelling at the CNA's for stuff that doesnt exist.

top topics

join